300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
    Cool. Im taking my fitness and medical Monday and then the SI June 18th. I wonder how soon DHS plans to hire people in processes 15-1 thru 15-5
    My SI is the 16th down in DC.

I will call Monday to schedule medical and fitness.

I hope it's soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
      My SI is the 16th down in DC.

I will call Monday to schedule medical and fitness.

I hope it's soon!

Do you live in Texas? Are you traveling to DC for SI!? WOW

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
        Do you live in Texas? Are you traveling to DC for SI!? WOW
        No, I don't live in Texas. (Have family there)

I reside in NY.

My choices were upstate NY or DC. I chose the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
          No, I don't live in Texas. (Have family there)

I reside in NY.

My choices were upstate NY or DC. I chose the latter.

I'm surprised. I live near Newark airport in NJ and I got Yonkers, NY for the SI.

I don't recall choosing that site on my initial application though.

Comment

• Anyone know how long the background investigator is given to complete his/her report?

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
              Anyone know how long the background investigator is given to complete his/her report?
              The background investigator usually has 2 weeks to complete the investigation from the time they receive it, but he/she can ask for an extension if they're encountering any snags. The longest part is when the investigation has to climb the hierarchy through the case manager, the company review, and then on up to the adjudication panel. That process is what usually takes several months to a year. Not to mention that any step along the rung can kick it back down to the investigator to go back and cover something that they want more detail on.
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                The background investigator usually has 2 weeks to complete the investigation from the time they receive it, but he/she can ask for an extension if they're encountering any snags. The longest part is when the investigation has to climb the hierarchy through the case manager, the company review, and then on up to the adjudication panel. That process is what usually takes several months to a year. Not to mention that any step along the rung can kick it back down to the investigator to go back and cover something that they want more detail on.
                Yesterday marked 3 weeks since the face to face interview. I want to call and ask him for a status but I am sure he is busy. Don't wanna be that nagging guy but anxious to get an update.

Comment

Yesterday marked 3 weeks since the face to face interview. I want to call and ask him for a status but I am sure he is busy. Don't wanna be that nagging guy but anxious to get an update.
                  The investigator really doesn't have much to offer in the way of status updates on your BI. All he does is the investigation, and then submits the ROI after it's complete (which as I stated before, usually takes no more than 2 weeks). Once the ROI has left his hands, he gets no more updates on it, unless it gets kicked back and something else needs to be covered. He won't know at what level it's at, nor will he ever know if you got cleared or not. That's not his concern. So there's really no reason to contact him. If it's been 3 weeks, he's probably already submitted the ROI and knows nothing else about your case. He's not allowed to inform you of any details about the investigation, unless he comes across a serious issue that you failed to mention in the subject interview. If that had happened, he would have most likely contacted you to clarify it. If he didn't contact you, then the ROI has probably already been submitted and is out of his hands. CBP will be adjudicating it and they will be the ones to contact you from this point onward, so there's really no need to contact the investigator.
                  "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

The investigator really doesn't have much to offer in the way of status updates on your BI. All he does is the investigation, and then submits the ROI after it's complete (which as I stated before, usually takes no more than 2 weeks). Once the ROI has left his hands, he gets no more updates on it, unless it gets kicked back and something else needs to be covered. He won't know at what level it's at, nor will he ever know if you got cleared or not. That's not his concern. So there's really no reason to contact him. If it's been 3 weeks, he's probably already submitted the ROI and knows nothing else about your case. He's not allowed to inform you of any details about the investigation, unless he comes across a serious issue that you failed to mention in the subject interview. If that had happened, he would have most likely contacted you to clarify it. If he didn't contact you, then the ROI has probably already been submitted and is out of his hands. CBP will be adjudicating it and they will be the ones to contact you from this point onward, so there's really no need to contact the investigator.
                    I meant contact him to see if he submitted the file

Comment

If you call him, all he will tell if you its if your paperwork has been submitted for adjudication or not.

Comment

I meant contact him to see if he submitted the file
                        That'll be fine. He'll let you know whether he's submitted it or not. But in all of my years as a background investigator for OPM and CBP, I could probably count on one (or two) hands the number of cases that took over 3 weeks to complete, so I'm guessing that there is probably about a 90 - 95% chance that it's already been submitted.

Comment

That'll be fine. He'll let you know whether he's submitted it or not. But in all of my years as a background investigator for OPM and CBP, I could probably count on one (or two) hands the number of cases that took over 3 weeks to complete, so I'm guessing that there is probably about a 90 - 95% chance that it's already been submitted.
                          Awsome.......thank you.

Comment

• Is there anyone on here from the 13-1 announcement still waiting? It's been 2 years since the announcement and I haven't heard anything nor has there been a change on my CASS in 6 months. Maybe they lost my packet...

Comment

• Originally posted by David_D View Post
                              Is there anyone on here from the 13-1 announcement still waiting? It's been 2 years since the announcement and I haven't heard anything nor has there been a change on my CASS in 6 months. Maybe they lost my packet...
                              How far along are you in the process??
                              What's showing on your CASS?
                              I'm 13-1 as well..
                              I'm done with all process.
                              I EOD on 6/22/15.
                              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Originally posted by David_D View Post
                                Is there anyone on here from the 13-1 announcement still waiting? It's been 2 years since the announcement and I haven't heard anything nor has there been a change on my CASS in 6 months. Maybe they lost my packet...
                                I was 13-1 as well and received a firm offer last august. I would definitely call them up, there should be a phone number under the Usajob.gov announcement if you go to application status.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6686 users online. 351 members and 6335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X