300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I wanted to get some insight into the Arizona area stations. Do you get plenty of action? Is is a good station for a rookie to learn? How's the cost of living and commute? Also, how's the management and what should I expect as a rookie in regards to assignments and expectations overall? I applied as a GS-5

Thanks

I'll say thus morale and your overall experience will vary from station to station.. like any job no matter what it is there are pros, cons and BS. You just need to find your notch and you will do just fine.

If you want action, there is plenty along the SWB. However if you want more I'd say RGV/LRT will currently have the most.

Have you applied yet? Been given an offer?
    You don't have much of a choice, as it's operational needs. I choose Texas and am happy I did. The border area sucks but outside of it there is plenty to do, it's the Nature of the beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerz88 View Post
      I'll say thus morale and your overall experience will vary from station to station.. like any job no matter what it is there are pros, cons and BS. You just need to find your notch and you will do just fine.

If you want action, there is plenty along the SWB. However if you want more I'd say RGV/LRT will currently have the most.

Have you applied yet? Been given an offer?
      You don't have much of a choice, as it's operational needs. I choose Texas and am happy I did. The border area sucks but outside of it there is plenty to do, it's the Nature of the beast.
      I applied in march. Waiting for SI email. I know the process is long but seems like it's moving pretty fast. Hopefully it continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
        Right now the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) sector is leading the patrol in apprehensions. Within the RGV the Rio Grande City station is leading the patrol in marijuana seizures. Also the area is a nice and fast growing with all of the ammenities and good living options. It is also a short drive to the beach at South Padre Island. Oh and it is not the desert. Unlike many of the stations in Arizona, you can be assigned to any in the RGV and have decent living options nearby without having to do a mega-commute or live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

As for management and morale, you will have to ask an agent who works in those areas.
        Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. . My main concern is just trying to find a job for my wife at the border when is time to move as she is a current government employee as well. So far, it looks like we will have to live somewhere between the border towns and San Antonio.
        Last edited by esoj37; 06-01-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• double post
          Last edited by esoj37; 06-01-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• Anybody got scheduled for interviews yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
              Anybody got scheduled for interviews yet ?
              Someone got scheduled recently. They're in process 15-4 as well. I'm waiting for my SI email. I don't know if your score has to do with how fast you get scheduled. I got an 83 on the written. Did you get scheduled? How did you do on the written?

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent

Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                Someone got scheduled recently. They're in process 15-4 as well. I'm waiting for my SI email. I don't know if your score has to do with how fast you get scheduled. I got an 83 on the written. Did you get scheduled? How did you do on the written?
                I got my SI email today morning. I scored 95 on the written examination.
                Which part you took, Spanish or artificial language?

Im also curious if your test scores have to do how fast the process move.

15-4 applicant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my SI email today morning. I scored 95 on the written examination.
                  Which part you took, Spanish or artificial language?

Im also curious if your test scores have to do how fast the process move.

15-4 applicant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I took the spanish since I'm fluent in it. But yea regarding the SI it must be by scores since a previous person scored over 100 and got scheduled last week. Im still waiting patiently

Comment

• Got my email for SI today as well and medical exam email. Moving along quickly!

Comment

• I completed my medical exam today. Since I'm in the CBPO process also, they gave me the CBPO PFT1 today and scheduled me for the BPA PFT1 for next Thursday, but the medical exam will count towards both agencies. Just a couple of more weeks when I've done the PFT1 and the SI, it's going to mostly be done. I still can't believe how fast everything is moving.

Application- 3/5/2015
                      Written exam - 4/14/2015
                      N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                      TSL - 5/14/2015
                      SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                      Medical Exam - 6/2/2015
                      PFT1 - Scheduled for 6/11/2015
                      SI - Scheduled for 6/17/2015
                      "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                        I completed my medical exam today. Since I'm in the CBPO process also, they gave me the CBPO PFT1 today and scheduled me for the BPA PFT1 for next Thursday, but the medical exam will count towards both agencies. Just a couple of more weeks when I've done the PFT1 and the SI, it's going to mostly be done. I still can't believe how fast everything is moving.

Application- 3/5/2015
                        Written exam - 4/14/2015
                        N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                        TSL - 5/14/2015
                        SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                        Medical Exam - 6/2/2015
                        PFT1 - Scheduled for 6/11/2015
                        SI - Scheduled for 6/17/2015
                        Did you have an issue accessing the link for the physical exam forms? or just print the medical forms? There were two emails sent to me (for physical exam and medical)

Comment

• Any one know if an innocent heart murmur will be an issue for the medical even though I have been cleared by a cardiologist that my heart is normal? He reviewed an echocardiogram and said I'm good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                            Did you have an issue accessing the link for the physical exam forms? or just print the medical forms? There were two emails sent to me (for physical exam and medical)
                            When I put the link into my address bar, my browser kept sending me to a Bing search for the link. To stop it from doing that, paste the link into your address bar. If you see a dot at the beginning of the link, it's going to do a Bing search instead of going to the link. Delete that dot out and then it should take you to the paperwork. Also, make sure you don't copy any additional spaces at the end of the link when you copy it. After making sure of those things, it took me right to the paperwork link.
                            "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• I got my medical exam notice.
                              I was a given a number to call and schedule it.

Is the BPA polygraph different than the CBPO's?

Comment

I got my medical exam notice.
                                I was a given a number to call and schedule it.

Is the BPA polygraph different than the CBPO's?
                                Cool. Im taking my fitness and medical Monday and then the SI June 18th. I wonder how soon DHS plans to hire people in processes 15-1 thru 15-5

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7526 users online. 323 members and 7203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X