300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
    It has been going along very quickly. I got my TSL on 2/9/15 and met with my BI on 5/19/15. In between TSL and BI, I completed everything except drug screen.

I think it would have gone even faster but my first polygraph was on 4/8/15 and I only did the suitability questions. I took the second part a month later, though most will take both parts on the same day. So I probably would have been completed with my BI had a completed the whole polygraph on April 8th, but hey, cant complain with the process so far.
    Ok nice, i hope mine moves as fast also. I heard they are hiring 1600 agents by september 30th is that even possible for people that applied in fall 2014, winter 2014-15, and spring 2015? What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
      Ok nice, i hope mine moves as fast also. I heard they are hiring 1600 agents by september 30th is that even possible for people that applied in fall 2014, winter 2014-15, and spring 2015? What do you think?
      I seen some get the call that are 15-1 and a few are in TSU. I think so. I seen a few applicants get the call as soon as their BI is completed and in some cases, before. But it's the Federal GVT so you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
        I'm a 2015 applicant and this is how the process has progressed so far for me. It seems to be moving pretty quickly.

Application- 3/5/2015
        Written exam - 4/14/2015
        N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
        TSL - 5/14/2015
        Uploaded SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015

I just uploaded the BI documents today, so now it's back to waiting again. But, by and large, I've been impressed with how fast it seems to be moving.
        That is pretty fast, good luck with the process.

Comment

• Any word on agents having their on rifles assigned instead of sharing?? That is a dangerous situation considering the nature of the job.

Comment

Any word on agents having their on rifles assigned instead of sharing?? That is a dangerous situation considering the nature of the job.
            As much as I would love to see us be able to carry our own rifles not only for safety (and increasing my FFL sales), it will never happen. Way too much liability for the agency. I remember about 12 yrs ago when we still had Beretta 96D's I changed my hand grips out to Hogue grips and the supervisor nearly had a heart attack thinking I "modified my weapon"
            Last edited by DiverB72; 05-27-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
              As much as I would love to see us be able to carry our own rifles not only for safety (and increasing my FFL sales), it will never happen. Way too much liability for the agency. I remember about 12 yrs ago when we still had Beretta 96D's I changed my hand grips out to Hogue grips and the supervisor nearly had a heart attack thinking I "modified my weapon"
              So you think that in the near future they'll purchase enough rifles to allow all agents to have one assigned M4 instead of sharing?

Comment

• Hey guys,

What are the better stations in south Texas work wise, such as management, camaraderie and morale (I know its overall low, but some places cant be that bad)?

Comment

• Got an email today scheduling my SI for June 17th.

Application- 3/5/2015
                  Written exam - 4/14/2015
                  N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                  TSL - 5/14/2015
                  SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                  SI - Scheduled for 6/17/2015
                  "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

Got an email today scheduling my SI for June 17th.

Application- 3/5/2015
                    Written exam - 4/14/2015
                    N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                    TSL - 5/14/2015
                    SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                    Wow that was fast! I submitted my eQip yesterday so I guess I should be getting my SI email in a few days? Im 15-4 too

Comment

Got an email today scheduling my SI for June 17th.

Application- 3/5/2015
                      Written exam - 4/14/2015
                      N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                      TSL - 5/14/2015
                      SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                      Is anything updated for you on CASS?

Comment

Wow that was fast! I submitted my eQip yesterday so I guess I should be getting my SI email in a few days? Im 15-4 too
                        Also, did you receive the fingerprint cards?

Comment

Is anything updated for you on CASS?
                          No. Everything is still showing as "pending." I haven't received fingerprint cards, but the SI letter stated that they would take my fingerprints on the day I go to do the SI.
                          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

So you think that in the near future they'll purchase enough rifles to allow all agents to have one assigned M4 instead of sharing?
                            No, it isn't necessary. A great deal of agents, myself included, very rarely carry the M4 while on duty. The thing becomes very cumbersome when hiking through the mountains. Our rules do not allow for us to leave the M4 in our vehicles, so we have to carry the thing everywhere, and I can tell you a few stories of when I was a rookie of how much it sucks when chasing groups.

I would say that there should be enough assigned rifles for the agents who regularly carry it (at most 20-25% of field agents), and pool rifles for everyone else. Oh and by the way, right now there are senior agents and supervisors who never carry an M4 who have assigned rifles, while more junior agents who carry it every day have to use the pool rifles. That is complete BS.
                            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                              Hey guys,

What are the better stations in south Texas work wise, such as management, camaraderie and morale (I know its overall low, but some places cant be that bad)?
                              Right now the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) sector is leading the patrol in apprehensions. Within the RGV the Rio Grande City station is leading the patrol in marijuana seizures. Also the area is a nice and fast growing with all of the ammenities and good living options. It is also a short drive to the beach at South Padre Island. Oh and it is not the desert. Unlike many of the stations in Arizona, you can be assigned to any in the RGV and have decent living options nearby without having to do a mega-commute or live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

As for management and morale, you will have to ask an agent who works in those areas.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                                No, it isn't necessary. A great deal of agents, myself included, very rarely carry the M4 while on duty. The thing becomes very cumbersome when hiking through the mountains. Our rules do not allow for us to leave the M4 in our vehicles, so we have to carry the thing everywhere, and I can tell you a few stories of when I was a rookie of how much it sucks when chasing groups.

I would say that there should be enough assigned rifles for the agents who regularly carry it (at most 20-25% of field agents), and pool rifles for everyone else. Oh and by the way, right now there are senior agents and supervisors who never carry an M4 who have assigned rifles, while more junior agents who carry it every day have to use the pool rifles. That is complete BS.
                                Thanks for the reply. I wanted to get some insight into the Arizona area stations. Do you get plenty of action? Is is a good station for a rookie to learn? How's the cost of living and commute? Also, how's the management and what should I expect as a rookie in regards to assignments and expectations overall? I applied as a GS-5

Thanks
                                Last edited by wbat91; 05-30-2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8137 users online. 441 members and 7696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X