300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
    Congrats, when did you meet your background investigator? I see you got a quick call after your BI cleared.
    I met up with investigator in March. She completed everything March -April.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Any 15-1 applicants left????

Comment

• This might be a stupid question,, but does the BP ever have a hiring blitz for the Detroit Sector? Or is the South West the only way to enter BP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
          This might be a stupid question,, but does the BP ever have a hiring blitz for the Detroit Sector? Or is the South West the only way to enter BP?

I heard that most agents start in the southwest.

15-4 applicant

Comment

• There are 5 projected BP processes for 2015, I find it hard to wrap my brain around the concept of all of them filling the southwest border unless man power issues and agents leaving to other jobs. I sure hope they have a GS-9 Detroit process!!!

Comment

There are 5 projected BP processes for 2015, I find it hard to wrap my brain around the concept of all of them filling the southwest border unless man power issues and agents leaving to other jobs. I sure hope they have a GS-9 Detroit process!!!
              Yup and the best part is that the process is moving pretty quick. I posted for Arizona. I'll take what I can. Then go from there.
              Last edited by wbat91; 05-25-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

This might be a stupid question,, but does the BP ever have a hiring blitz for the Detroit Sector? Or is the South West the only way to enter BP?
                The southwest is the only place to apply. They did a northern border program and it was quickly ended when they saw the results.

Comment

• 15-1 here..

Comment

• As in the northern program numbers were to small or big?

Comment

There are 5 projected BP processes for 2015, I find it hard to wrap my brain around the concept of all of them filling the southwest border unless man power issues and agents leaving to other jobs. I sure hope they have a GS-9 Detroit process!!!
                      Apply for the CBPO position. They are in desperate need of officers at the port of entry up there in Detroit, and that is your best bet for getting there. Your chances with the border patrol are ZERO unless you have 10-15 years seniority.

The CBP Officer position is a good job, GS-12, LE retirement, and you will probably see more action working the POE in Detroit than you would working as a BPA up there.
                      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        15-1 here..
                        Where you at in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                          Where you at in the process?

JL,

What step in the process are you in?
                          I just want to figure out how fast is the process moving for 15-1

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                            JL,

I'm a 2015 applicant and this is how the process has progressed so far for me. It seems to be moving pretty quickly.

Application- 3/5/2015
                            Written exam - 4/14/2015
                            N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                            TSL - 5/14/2015
                            Uploaded SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015

I just uploaded the BI documents today, so now it's back to waiting again. But, by and large, I've been impressed with how fast it seems to be moving.
                            "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                              JL,

It has been going along very quickly. I got my TSL on 2/9/15 and met with my BI on 5/19/15. In between TSL and BI, I completed everything except drug screen.

I think it would have gone even faster but my first polygraph was on 4/8/15 and I only did the suitability questions. I took the second part a month later, though most will take both parts on the same day. So I probably would have been completed with my BI had a completed the whole polygraph on April 8th, but hey, cant complain with the process so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                                I'm a 2015 applicant and this is how the process has progressed so far for me. It seems to be moving pretty quickly.

Application- 3/5/2015
                                Written exam - 4/14/2015
                                N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                                TSL - 5/14/2015
                                Uploaded SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015

I just uploaded the BI documents today, so now it's back to waiting again. But, by and large, I've been impressed with how fast it seems to be moving.
                                You and I are in the same process (15-4) it seems, Im uploading my eQip tonight as well. Keep us posted. At this rate it seems like it will be a 12 month process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6768 users online. 167 members and 6601 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X