Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that are in the background phase or completed background, how long did an investigator call after your polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
      For those that are in the background phase or completed background, how long did an investigator call after your polygraph?
      I got a call from third party BI s office to confirm some personal information 1 week after completing Poly. Then 1 week later BI called me to meet for first time.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
        I just finished my entrance examination. Now I wait for the results. I heard it can take a while (up to 2 months by the look of it). Is it still taking that long for recent testers or are they speeding up a bit? I turn 37 in December (cut off age) so I hope to get referred by then. If it takes as long as some other people I will never make it. I wonder if they would fast track someone approaching the age limit.
        I took mine on 4/14 just a few days before you. I got my notification of results today, so you should be getting yours any day now.
        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Hey is it possible to get a deferment, when u get the call?

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
            I took mine on 4/14 just a few days before you. I got my notification of results today, so you should be getting yours any day now.
            I received mine as well - 96 with no Vet Pref. I also received my TSL today so I will start gathering information for my e-QIP. What corridor did you pick? I chose South Texas.
            Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
            Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
            Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
            e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
            Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
            PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
            Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
            Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
              I received mine as well - 96 with no Vet Pref. I also received my TSL today so I will start gathering information for my e-QIP. What corridor did you pick? I chose South Texas.
              I got my TSL today as well. 102 on the exam with vet's preference. I live in El Paso, so I picked the West Texas/New Mexico corridor. I also applied for CBPO roughly a week before BP, and everything has been running exactly a week prior with them. I tested a week prior, got my NOR and TSL a week prior, and then this week, I got scheduled for the SI for CBPO, so I'm hoping we'll get scheduled for the SI with BP here in the next week or two.
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• I got my NORs two days ago. 95 score, not Vet pref.
                I haven't received TSL yet.

Does anyone know if holding multiple citizenship can be a problem for the BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                  I got my NORs two days ago. 95 score, not Vet pref.

I was a background investigator for DHS and OPM for quite a number of years. It will be an issue and the investigator is going to ask you a good number of clarifying questions about it, but I don't believe it's a disqualifying issue. That will have to be determined by the adjudicating panel after reviewing the investigative report.

Comment

I was a background investigator for DHS and OPM for quite a number of years. It will be an issue and the investigator is going to ask you a good number of clarifying questions about it, but I don't believe it's a disqualifying issue. That will have to be determined by the adjudicating panel after reviewing the investigative report.
                    I'm a current DHS employee.
                    During the BI for my current position I was asked a good numbers of questions to the length whether or not I was willing to relinquish my foreign passport, which I answered yes.
                    The Investigator then said that, I would be contacted if the adjudicating panel deemed my foreign passport an issue. Fast forward to this day, I was never contacted.

I honestly don't have an issue giving up my foreign citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my TSL today as well. 102 on the exam with vet's preference. I live in El Paso, so I picked the West Texas/New Mexico corridor. I also applied for CBPO roughly a week before BP, and everything has been running exactly a week prior with them. I tested a week prior, got my NOR and TSL a week prior, and then this week, I got scheduled for the SI for CBPO, so I'm hoping we'll get scheduled for the SI with BP here in the next week or two.
                      Be prepared to be offered either Lordsburg, NM or Presidio, TX. Those are the stations with the most slots to fill in that region. Most of the stations in and around El Paso are overstaffed. Your best shot for getting a slot there is the CBPO position.
                      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Looks like my question was answered today. Got a call from my BI to schedule a meeting for Monday; got to say, this has been going along pretty quick. A little over 2 months, I went from NOR to completing polygraph and starting BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                          Be prepared to be offered either Lordsburg, NM or Presidio, TX. Those are the stations with the most slots to fill in that region. Most of the stations in and around El Paso are overstaffed. Your best shot for getting a slot there is the CBPO position.
                          Thanks. That's good to know. Between those two, I would much rather do Lordsburg than Presidio. It's much closer, and as a background investigator, I traveled to Presidio to do 5 year updates on several of the PAs there. That place is in the middle of nowhere. If I remember correctly, they told me that it either currently is, or was, considered hardship duty in the Border Patrol. They had housing there for the PAs that were stationed there, because there is literally nowhere to live in the town.

Comment

I'm a current DHS employee.
                            During the BI for my current position I was asked a good numbers of questions to the length whether or not I was willing to relinquish my foreign passport, which I answered yes.
                            The Investigator then said that, I would be contacted if the adjudicating panel deemed my foreign passport an issue. Fast forward to this day, I was never contacted.

I honestly don't have an issue giving up my foreign citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            He probably asked you a lot of questions about whether you had any ties to the foreign government that you have your dual citizenship with. That's really where the issue lies. If they don't find any way in which you have formal or official political ties to the other government, then it's not really going to be an issue. If your first BI didn't find any issues with it, it's likely that this one won't either.

Comment

Thanks. That's good to know. Between those two, I would much rather do Lordsburg than Presidio. It's much closer, and as a background investigator, I traveled to Presidio to do 5 year updates on several of the PAs there. That place is in the middle of nowhere. If I remember correctly, they told me that it either currently is, or was, considered hardship duty in the Border Patrol. They had housing there for the PAs that were stationed there, because there is literally nowhere to live in the town.
                              I had a couple of classmates from El Paso who got Lordsburg. They said it was a 2.5 hour drive each way. Not exactly close by any measure. Also if you have never been to Lordsburg before, it is also in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing there. Many agents who work there live in Silver City, Deming, and a few even in Willcox. There are a few hard core guys who commute from Las Cruces.
                              Last edited by Albert Wesker; 05-15-2015, 05:48 PM.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

I got my NORs two days ago. 95 score, not Vet pref.

What did you choose for your preferred area? I'm wondering if the Texas applicants received their letters first and maybe they will be sending out Arizona next?
                                Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
                                Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
                                Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
                                e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
                                Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
                                PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
                                Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
                                Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7668 users online. 357 members and 7311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X