Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If its all part of the same packet, I'd assume it all needs to be done. That's how it works for the non-compressed process.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
      Well, this is what I was told by the individual prompting the exam but I'll take your word for it since you're the Federal Agent, not him. The supervisor on site told us that they'll be hiring a lot of agents coming 2009 and that the process for most eligible candidates will take anywhere from 3 to 4 months.

Quick question. We were all given a yellow packet to fill out which includes three finger print cards as well as green booklet. We were told that the following needs to be completed by the Oral Interview date. Does the same apply to the SF-86 (e-QIP)?

Thanks!
      I believe the timeframe is 21 days after they issue you booklet and e-QIP access (which usually coincides with all the other paperwork). Look in the green booklet for the final say, it should say in there.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        I believe the timeframe is 21 days after they issue you booklet and e-QIP access (which usually coincides with all the other paperwork). Look in the green booklet for the final say, it should say in there.
        Thanks Sap!
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Is there any hope that the oral board will be on a weekend ? I'm starting a new job on Monday, and don't really want to take a day off that I dont have.
          Last edited by ProTrader; 12-30-2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• would the hiring process go faster if i already have a TS/SCI clearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by capaladj View Post
              would the hiring process go faster if i already have a TS/SCI clearance?
              If it's from DHS? maybe.

Other than that, posters with previous clearances have said that they get re-done.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• It was with the USAF. That would suck to get redone because my TS/SCI took about 2 years to get awarded.

Comment

It was with the USAF. That would suck to get redone because my TS/SCI took about 2 years to get awarded.
                  Military clearances don't count, at least not fully. It might be something they look at, but they will do their own BI. I was lucky enough to be halfway through mine for CBPO when they started it, and it crossed over.
                  Last edited by GitmoVet; 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: Capitalization
                  USSCP
                  Faxed App 7/28/10
                  Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                  Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrader View Post
                    Is there any hope that the oral board will be on a weekend ? I'm starting a new job on Monday, and don't really want to take a day off that I dont have.
                    I had my oral board on a Wednesday but I'm not sure if they are always done on that day.

First of all, let me thank all of the BPA's on this board for the work you guys do! I am active duty Coast Guard and I am pretty much all the way through the hiring process for the BPA position. I am just waiting for the interview with the investigator that is doing my BI and it seems that the call doesn't come soon enough!

I am wondering if any of you know if while at FLETC, I am eligible to receive GI Bill benefits? I know that at most PD Academys this is allowed. Is the BP training considered to be acredited? Thank you in advance for you help!

Ivan

Comment

• My interview was on a Monday. I'm not very sure they do them on the weekend because from what the BPA there told me was that he was working 8-5, Mon-Fri. But this is in Bedford, TX, things may be different.

Comment

would the hiring process go faster if i already have a TS/SCI clearance?
                        It'll go faster in the sense that you already have all the information that you'll need to fill out the paperwork. It's a different kind of clearance, so they'll walk the dog again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrader View Post
                          Is there any hope that the oral board will be on a weekend ? I'm starting a new job on Monday, and don't really want to take a day off that I dont have.
                          I've never seen an oral board on a weekend. Good luck on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                            .......I am wondering if any of you know if while at FLETC, I am eligible to receive GI Bill benefits? I know that at most PD Academys this is allowed. Is the BP training considered to be acredited? Thank you in advance for you help!

Ivan
                            You can receive GI Bill benefits for the duration of your internship, as it's considered on the job training. When you EOD, you'll need to speak to your sector benefits coordinator and that person will take care of it from there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hope2BPA
                              .......I am wondering if any of you know if while at FLETC, I am eligible to receive GI Bill benefits? I know that at most PD Academys this is allowed. Is the BP training considered to be acredited? Thank you in advance for you help!

Ivan

The best info I've found is about $990 for the first 6 months, then about $800 for up total 24 months of probation (18 after the first 6).
                              trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                                It's a different kind of clearance...
                                What type of clearance is it?
                                BPA Status
                                TSU: 04/24/09
                                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                                Resigned: 10/28/09
                                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                                Applied: 06/24/11
                                Written: 07/21/11
                                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5314 users online. 397 members and 4917 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X