300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
    The study guide they provide in there website is enough bro, just study that and you'll be fine, are you good in Spanish?
    I do not know any Spanish. I started Rosetta Stone to at least give me a head start in the academy Spanish program.
    Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
    Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
    Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
    e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
    Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
    PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
    Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
    Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

mine was done by a Polygraph examiner with DHS. it might depend the area where u take it. And this process take forever so just sit back and wait bro. did you get updated on CASS for your SI?
      yes CAS is updated with my SI, but no date for my Poly yet!!

Comment

• hey guys hope all is well. I'm down to the wire here & on my last step of the process. they questioned me about my marijuana use because I said once in January 2007 in my eqip and then approx. once or twice in January 2007-2010 (couldn't remember) during my poly and once or twice in January 2007 during my interview with BI. i guess I was just confused/trying to remember. it was nearly 8 years ago and I was a teen. any advice on how to handle this effectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee53 View Post
          hey guys hope all is well. I'm down to the wire here & on my last step of the process. they questioned me about my marijuana use because I said once in January 2007 in my eqip and then approx. once or twice in January 2007-2010 (couldn't remember) during my poly and once or twice in January 2007 during my interview with BI. i guess I was just confused/trying to remember. it was nearly 8 years ago and I was a teen. any advice on how to handle this effectively.
          You can't remember how many times you've smoked weed, and can only give them a four year window of when you did it? Sounds like you have an integrity problem that isn't exactly conducive to a career in law enforcement.

Comment

• 2007 - 2010 would be three years, and no it was January 2007ish but I was around it a few times since then (parties, people smoking in apartment buildings). I guess I was just trying to remember when I tried it vs. when I was around it unintentionally. Also, don't bother replying if you're just going to criticize. I'm looking for advice here.
            Last edited by dee53; 04-14-2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee53 View Post
              2007 - 2010 would be three years, and no it was January 2007ish but I was around it a few times since then (parties, people smoking in apartment buildings). I guess I was just trying to remember when I tried it vs. when I was around it unintentionally. Also, don't bother replying if you're just going to criticize. I'm looking for advice here.
              2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 is indeed four years, and you don't get to pick the responses from the forum. If you ask a question, you're going to get an honest response. While most of us on here are applicants (myself included) it doesn't mean we don't have a law enforcement background, and can read into the bull****. If you want to be a cop, you're going to have to be a LOT more honest about your drug use than you've been with us. Your story has already changed enough that a BI would have closed your file and moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 is indeed four years, and you don't get to pick the responses from the forum. If you ask a question, you're going to get an honest response. While most of us on here are applicants (myself included) it doesn't mean we don't have a law enforcement background, and can read into the bull****. If you want to be a cop, you're going to have to be a LOT more honest about your drug use than you've been with us. Your story has already changed enough that a BI would have closed your file and moved on.
                Lol!! Great response!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                  This pretty much covers it all!! just want to add that when your asked these types of questions you have to be completely sure of yourself because if your not sure and you don't "remember " there's going to be more questions behind it, be accurate with the number of usage and when was it done, don't worry if it was done within the 7 year period they give you to explain everything just be honest with it...you don't have to give a specific date but a really good estimate of when it happened which you should know! anyway, good luck!

Comment

• Just finished my pft1 today which I had issues the first time but it's all done now! have all check marks on CASS...now just to sit back and wait for the call!!

Comment

Just finished my pft1 today which I had issues the first time but it's all done now! have all check marks on CASS...now just to sit back and wait for the call!!
                      Congrats man! Hope they call u soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        Congrats man! Hope they call u soon
                        yeah thanks man, I had put in South Texas so not sure what locations are being offered lately..but let's see hopefully is not that bad lol

Comment

• Here is what my 13-1 (CA) timeline looks like... Has anyone else had to wait so long?

Test - 5/13
                          TSL - 1/14
                          OHB - 1/14
                          PFT1 - 3/14
                          Poly - 12/14
                          BI - 1/2015
                          Medical - ?
                          PFT2 - ?
                          Drug Test - ?
                          The Call - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by David_D View Post
                            Here is what my 13-1 (CA) timeline looks like... Has anyone else had to wait so long?

Test - 5/13
                            TSL - 1/14
                            OHB - 1/14
                            PFT1 - 3/14
                            Poly - 12/14
                            BI - 1/2015
                            Medical - ?
                            PFT2 - ?
                            Drug Test - ?
                            The Call - ?

Right there with you!
                            Also 13-1 applicant
                            Just finished with investigator.
                            Here's my time line...
                            Border Patrol Agent 13-1 ;
                            Application- 2/20/2013
                            Written exam - 3/20/2013
                            N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
                            Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
                            TSL - 6/9/2014
                            OB Interview- 7/22/2014 Passed
                            e-QIP- 8/26/2014
                            Polygraph- Completed 2/19/2015
                            BI- Completed 4/13/2015
                            PFT -passed 8/20/2014
                            PFT 2??
                            Drug test??
                            Offer??
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Originally posted by CooperTSB View Post
                              Right there with you!
                              Also 13-1 applicant
                              Just finished with investigator.
                              Here's my time line...
                              Border Patrol Agent 13-1 ;
                              Application- 2/20/2013
                              Written exam - 3/20/2013
                              N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
                              Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
                              TSL - 6/9/2014
                              OB Interview- 7/22/2014 Passed
                              e-QIP- 8/26/2014
                              Polygraph- Completed 2/19/2015
                              BI- Completed 4/13/2015
                              PFT -passed 8/20/2014
                              PFT 2??
                              Drug test??
                              Offer??
                              after you uploaded the docs they sent you the TSL a year later?? wow... well your almost done!! what geographic location you put in for?

Comment

• I just finished my entrance examination. Now I wait for the results. I heard it can take a while (up to 2 months by the look of it). Is it still taking that long for recent testers or are they speeding up a bit? I turn 37 in December (cut off age) so I hope to get referred by then. If it takes as long as some other people I will never make it. I wonder if they would fast track someone approaching the age limit.
                                Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
                                Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
                                Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
                                e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
                                Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
                                PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
                                Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
                                Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8548 users online. 388 members and 8160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X