Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a new BPA applicant from the posting that just closed a few weeks ago. It said testing would happen the last two weeks in April but I still haven't heard anything about when I should report to take my test. Does that mean they are still looking at my resume and application to see if I qualify to take the test? Any idea how long it takes them to let me know so I have time to request time off from work to take the test?
    All I can say is that it depends. It could be a couple of months before you are able to schedule your test.

Another question I have is regarding maximum age. The posting said "Referred for selection prior to your 37th birthday". I turn 37 in December so I'm wondering what point during the hiring process I'm considered "Referred for selection". I've read it can take anywhere from 6-18 months from application to academy so I'm wondering if there is enough time for me to make it to "Referred for selection" before December. Any possibility they would fast track me considering I'm close to the age restriction. I'm not a Veteran so I can't claim an age waiver. Will my lack of military/LE experience make it harder for me to get in as a BPA?
    The last I had heard was that as long as you receive your Tentative Selection prior to your 37th birthday, you should be good to go. I'm not 100% on that, so you may wish to call MHC to verify.

What area is most in need of agents, is it still the RGV? I choose South Texas as my area so I want to make sure I picked the area most likely to get me an offer instead of waiting for a different area.

Thanks
    Right now they are not doing much (if any) hiring for the RGV. Del Rio sector is where they are currently adding most agents in South Texas, and of course they always need more agents in Tucson sector in Arizona. I believe a few agents are also getting Laredo sector and Big Bend sector.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Thanks for the reply! The posting said testing will take place April 14-28 so I am hoping to hear something back from the MHC soon. I called them and left a message so I'll see what happens. I want to move to TX so it looks like I picked the right area to get a quick call if I end up going through the whole process.

Does it seem like most people that become BPAs have military or LE experience or are there a good amount of people from other backgrounds? I have a lot of full time work experience but not in the military/LE so I hope it doesn't hurt me in the process.
      Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
      Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
      Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
      e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
      Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
      PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
        Can you post your timeline if its not much trouble? Your cbpo one since everything transferred from that announcement. Did they gave you other choices besides Tampa sincr you are from Puerto Rico?

Test 10/13
        TSL 02/14
        PF1 03/14
        VBT 05/14
        Poly. 08/14
        Background 09/14
        Drug test. 10/14
        The call. 10/14
        Sorry I don't remember the days in the month where I took all the process. And I haven't updated my account but I live in Orlando so that's why I was offered Tampa for the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
          Test 10/13
          TSL 02/14
          PF1 03/14
          VBT 05/14
          Poly. 08/14
          Background 09/14
          Drug test. 10/14
          The call. 10/14
          Sorry I don't remember the days in the month where I took all the process. And I haven't updated my account but I live in Orlando so that's why I was offered Tampa for the poly.
          That's a fast timeline, hope mine will be like that

Comment

Thanks for the reply! The posting said testing will take place April 14-28 so I am hoping to hear something back from the MHC soon. I called them and left a message so I'll see what happens. I want to move to TX so it looks like I picked the right area to get a quick call if I end up going through the whole process.

Does it seem like most people that become BPAs have military or LE experience or are there a good amount of people from other backgrounds? I have a lot of full time work experience but not in the military/LE so I hope it doesn't hurt me in the process.
            I heard back from the MHC. They said I should expect an email this week with info on how to schedule my test so I was glad to hear that! Do they send study materials and if so are they good enough? I know honorfirst lists some books from Amazon but I'm not sure it they are any good and if so which is considered the best? Any ideas?

I'm also wondering if someone could answer my previous question about the importance of military/LE experience in the hiring process.
            e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
            PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed

Comment

• As far as I know it may only be important when you are applying, but if you have studies or a degree it won't really matter. It also should help you being a LE or military in the interview process because you will have some experience

Comment

• For those of you that completed a polygraph, did you get asked questions on national security? Took polygraph today and examiner said I passed but we reached our 4 hour limit. He said national security questions would be done at a later day.*

I just found it weird because he said he needed to file his findings today, so I question why file findings without the second part of the poly, if there is one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                  For those of you that completed a polygraph, did you get asked questions on national security? Took polygraph today and examiner said I passed but we reached our 4 hour limit. He said national security questions would be done at a later day.*

I just found it weird because he said he needed to file his findings today, so I question why file findings without the second part of the poly, if there is one.
                  Four hour limit?? my poly took 6 hours!! and yes I was asked national security questions. If he said you passed then your good to go but did he say you would come back for another poly? never heard of them bringing you back for another poly unless the first one was inconclusive or something. when I took my poly the examiner said I passed but that quality control still has to review it and there might be some findings that if they feel they need to question me more I'll be called to get another one...one week later the investigator called me to start my background.

Comment

Four hour limit?? my poly took 6 hours!! and yes I was asked national security questions. If he said you passed then your good to go but did he say you would come back for another poly? never heard of them bringing you back for another poly unless the first one was inconclusive or something. when I took my poly the examiner said I passed but that quality control still has to review it and there might be some findings that if they feel they need to question me more I'll be called to get another one...one week later the investigator called me to start my background.
                    He said they only allow a strict 4 hour limit, dont know if it is something new. After we were done, he said in his professional opinion, I passed. But then said I would be called back to finish the NS questions. What got me is why would he then say he had to report his findings by today. Why do this if I still need the NS questions?

Could these questions only pertain to military or secret clearance individuals? I dont know, just assuming here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                      He said they only allow a strict 4 hour limit, dont know if it is something new. After we were done, he said in his professional opinion, I passed. But then said I would be called back to finish the NS questions. What got me is why would he then say he had to report his findings by today. Why do this if I still need the NS questions?

Could these questions only pertain to military or secret clearance individuals? I dont know, just assuming here.
                      Not really does questions are ask to every applicant regardless of there background, but to be honest not sure what he meant with his findings...all I can say is that if he said you passed it's alot better then him not giving you any results or just saying that you failed.

Comment

Not really does questions are ask to every applicant regardless of there background, but to be honest not sure what he meant with his findings...all I can say is that if he said you passed it's alot better then him not giving you any results or just saying that you failed.
                        are the polls being done by Homeland Security personnel, because I heard they are being done thru a private company....I had my SI two weeks ago and I am still waiting for my poly date, I am getting anxious.

Comment

• I did get my email yesterday. I scheduled my test for the 20th. I see the honorfirst website lists some additional study guides available at Amazon. I'm not sure if these are necessary or if the one provided in the email is good enough. I will definately be studying until test day!
                          e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
                          PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by jecg View Post
                            are the polls being done by Homeland Security personnel, because I heard they are being done thru a private company....I had my SI two weeks ago and I am still waiting for my poly date, I am getting anxious.
                            Mine was done by a private company

Comment

• Originally posted by jecg View Post
                              mine was done by a Polygraph examiner with DHS. it might depend the area where u take it. And this process take forever so just sit back and wait bro. did you get updated on CASS for your SI?

Comment

I did get my email yesterday. I scheduled my test for the 20th. I see the honorfirst website lists some additional study guides available at Amazon. I'm not sure if these are necessary or if the one provided in the email is good enough. I will definately be studying until test day!
                                The study guide they provide in there website is enough bro, just study that and you'll be fine, are you good in Spanish?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8198 users online. 269 members and 7929 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X