Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would be worried about learning Spanish. I did not do well in Spanish in high school at all. Did not take a foreign language in College. What do you guys think?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by service4others View Post
      I would be worried about learning Spanish. I did not do well in Spanish in high school at all. Did not take a foreign language in College. What do you guys think?
      No one here can judge your ability to learn a language. Review the BPA Study Guides and make a self-assessment.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        No one here can judge your ability to learn a language. Review the BPA Study Guides and make a self-assessment.
        Coming from a buddy that is a BPA. Most new agents these days actually learn it more on the job. 700 dollars for rosetta stone??!!
        That would be my worst fear having a hard time learning Spanish really.

        Comment


        • I

          [QUOTE=taco verde;3296967]I cant speak for any other Agent but myself. I am very happy with the city I live in, I look forward to going to work every Day

          In what city do you live in?
          Last edited by lag237; 03-17-2015, 07:53 PM.

          Comment


          • I have a situation and want to know if anyone could give some input. I just got a call for the poly but it is 6+ hours in buffalo ny and the agent gave days next week or the 31st thats it. On top of that i am still in the process of doing medical exams next week because they requested them from me for my medical. My questions are 1. Can i request to do my poly closer to massachusetts boston for example another member posted thats where he is doing his. 2. Can i request a day in april due to this being very short notice for work and to get airfare.

            Comment


            • Are you a 15-1 applicant?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by anon0321 View Post
                I have a situation and want to know if anyone could give some input. I just got a call for the poly but it is 6+ hours in buffalo ny and the agent gave days next week or the 31st thats it. On top of that i am still in the process of doing medical exams next week because they requested them from me for my medical. My questions are 1. Can i request to do my poly closer to massachusetts boston for example another member posted thats where he is doing his. 2. Can i request a day in april due to this being very short notice for work and to get airfare.
                You can ask for them to change dates or locations, but they are under no obligation to do that for you. If you really want the position, you will do whatever it takes. Those who are willing to jump through all the hoops are the ones who get hired.
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                  Are you a 15-1 applicant?
                  No i am 13-1. I do understand i need and am willing to jump through hoops but i have already asked for an extension on my medical test because of how rare the test they ask for is not performed alot by my physician. It took a month to get this one test scheduled and they only perform it once a month

                  Comment


                  • Does any one know anything about the work experience at the Eagle Pass South station...activity, camaraderie, and such?

                    Comment


                    • What are the regular BPA time schedule shifts like? Rotating schedule nights, days ??

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by service4others View Post
                        What are the regular BPA time schedule shifts like? Rotating schedule nights, days ??
                        Depends on the station and sector. In some places they rotate shifts, in others they bid for shifts. In some places there are four shifts, in others there are three shifts. Even with the pay reform the four shifts remain at some stations. The only thing that should be constant is that beginning April 5th, the grand majority of us will be working full 10 hour days, 5 days a week.
                        Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

                        Comment


                        • in response to learning spanish... Don't worry about it. There are many more hurdles you will need to overcome before that. So long as you give it a 100% you will do fine. ONce you get into the field you will learn way more.

                          Comment


                          • Every station is different. I'm stationed in Uvalde Texas and we rotate every 6 weeks between days, swings, and midnight.

                            Comment


                            • Got polygraph scheduled for April 8th

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                                Got polygraph scheduled for April 8th
                                That's great! When did you have your interview?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8134 users online. 426 members and 7708 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X