Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
    One of the first questions on the exam is whether you'd like to take the artificial language test or an actual Spanish proficiency test in its place. If you pass, you'll be exempted from the language portion of the academy.
    Actually that isn't correct. After you EOD at the academy, they give you another test. Essentially they have someone telling you a story or something in Spanish, and afterwards you have to tell the story in your own words back. It is done over some sort of phone system. This is done three or four times, with each one becoming progressively more difficult. If you fail this, then you have to take the Spanish course at the academy.

    Believe me, I know several people who took college Spanish who passed the written test, but failed the listening/speaking test and had to go through the Spanish training.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
      Actually that isn't correct. After you EOD at the academy, they give you another test. Essentially they have someone telling you a story or something in Spanish, and afterwards you have to tell the story in your own words back. It is done over some sort of phone system. This is done three or four times, with each one becoming progressively more difficult. If you fail this, then you have to take the Spanish course at the academy.

      Believe me, I know several people who took college Spanish who passed the written test, but failed the listening/speaking test and had to go through the Spanish training.
      Good to know. I had heard that, but was told different. Thanks.

      Comment


      • SI invites are going out.
        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

        Comment


        • Do you have one scheduled?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
            Do you have one scheduled?
            Yes, I received the invite this morning.
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

            Comment


            • I passed fitness this past Monday and was cleared in CASS this morning. Medical has also cleared in CASS. Up next is my poly on the 23rd and SI on the 24th.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
                I passed fitness this past Monday and was cleared in CASS this morning. Medical has also cleared in CASS. Up next is my poly on the 23rd and SI on the 24th.
                Are you a 15-1 applicant and was your medical from your CBPO process?

                Good luck!
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                  Are you a 15-1 applicant and was your medical from your CBPO process?

                  Good luck!
                  Yeah, 15-1 applicant and medical carried over from CBPO.

                  Thanks and good luck to you as well!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
                    Yeah, 15-1 applicant and medical carried over from CBPO.

                    Thanks and good luck to you as well!
                    Awesome man. Thanks!
                    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                    Comment


                    • Cnm313 could i ask where your ploy is scheduled? I am finishing up some medical paperwork and only have the drug test and bi to clear but i am from MA and noticed your from NH so wanted to see where you had to go. Thanks

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by anon0321 View Post
                        Cnm313 could i ask where your ploy is scheduled? I am finishing up some medical paperwork and only have the drug test and bi to clear but i am from MA and noticed your from NH so wanted to see where you had to go. Thanks
                        My poly is at the CBP field office in Boston.

                        Which announcement and geo did you apply for?

                        Comment


                        • 13-1 and AZ

                          Comment


                          • Got scheduled for the SI. March 25th in Dania Beach. Super far....
                            CBPO: GS-5
                            Geo: SW
                            Tested: Sep '13
                            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

                            Comment


                            • Can everyone flood the thread with your timelines, please.

                              Comment


                              • The process has been going rather quickly. I'm pretty surprised, but I'm definitely expecting it to slow down with the background investigation. That's suppose to take a while.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4873 users online. 186 members and 4687 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X