Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received my SI invitation today, March 24th is the date.

Comment

• Just completed physical/fitness, went well and passed. See what's next.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
        This is a lie! Do not listen to this nonsense guys. New hires are not being sent to Houston OR San Antonio. Most if not all of the new hires under this announcement will be going to Florida. The Jacksonville and Orlando offices are in critical need for applicants.

id bust my *** back down, go to the academy again, and sign paperwork to stay at a 9 for life for one of those areas
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Green Checks are being passed out.

Make an orderly line people. All applicants to the left. No your other left Pi.
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• I know that the posting advises that if you do not speak Spanish (fluently enough) that you will have to attend an additional language class after the academy. Can anyone shed any light on how extensive is the Spanish language course that you have to take is?

Comment

• Guys a question if somebody can help. I just applied for the new announcement 15-3. I have been over the test, I speak, write and read Spanish fluently, do I have to do the artificial language test even if I speak it, write it, and read it?

Thank you for your help

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                Guys a question if somebody can help. I just applied for the new announcement 15-3. I have been over the test, I speak, write and read Spanish fluently, do I have to do the artificial language test even if I speak it, write it, and read it?

Thank you for your help
                One of the first questions on the exam is whether you'd like to take the artificial language test or an actual Spanish proficiency test in its place. If you pass, you'll be exempted from the language portion of the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                  One of the first questions on the exam is whether you'd like to take the artificial language test or an actual Spanish proficiency test in its place. If you pass, you'll be exempted from the language portion of the academy.
                  Thank you so much

I'm glad I don't have to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                    One more question, so what's on the test?

Comment

From what I remember, a lot it was grammar and reading comprehension (a lot of comprehension, double and triple negatives). At the time I thought it was a little difficult, but I ended up with a 98 after getting bored and clicking away.

Comment

• Received a green checkmark for Medical & BI.
                        CBPO: GS-5
                        Geo: SW
                        Tested: Sep '13
                        NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                        Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                        Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                        Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                        The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                        BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                        EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

The provided study guides are good indications of what may be found on the test.
                          Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 03-05-2015, 04:02 PM.
                          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                            Green Checks are being passed out.

Make an orderly line people. All applicants to the left. No your other left Pi.
                            Right you are, Reaper. (See what I did there?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                              Right you are, Reaper. (See what I did there?)
                              Zing.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
                                I know it says somewhere in here or in the CBPO thread, but I can't find it. Can anyone tell me which stages in the hiring process are used for both BPA and CBPO? I'm assuming BI since I only completed an e-QIP for CBPO and my BI for BPA says it's in the security office. Anything else? Medical perhaps? CHS only scheduled me for fitness, no medical as of yet.
                                Polygraph counts toward both in case anyone is wondering.
                                Last edited by cnm313; 03-05-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7003 users online. 366 members and 6637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X