Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 minutes?!? They must really be trying to drop you.

Better start hydrating and resting up for that PFT1! First they place you on hold in order to mentally drain you, then they force you to do an impossible PFT that's designed to fail all but the truly athletic.

I think it would be nice if they:
    1). combined all of the PFT2 elements with the IEA's CTT (to include the addition of pull ups while making it all one timed circuit event)
    2). administered it right after application referral (before they waste money and time doing BIs and Medical exams on applicants who are just going to fail the entrance exams, VBTs and/or SIs, BI, Medical evals, or PFTs).

Would definitely shorten up a lot of timelines, save money, and streamline the entire process.

Stupid good idea fairies...

Good luck everyone.
    Hydrate or die.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by David_D View Post
      I did my poly on 12-9-2014, BI said I was found favorable for employment 1-21-2015. I am now waiting for drug screening and PFT2. I hope I get some correspondence here soon.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• 13-1 Applicant here. Looks like we are getting close!
        Here's my time line.

Border Patrol Agent
        13-1 ; Application- 2/20/2013
        Written exam - 3/20/2013
        N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
        Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
        TSL - 6/9/2014
        OB Interview- 7/22/2014 Passed
        e-QIP- 8/26/2014
        Polygraph- Completed 2/19/2015
        BI- Currently in security office
        PFT -passed 8/20/2014
        PFT 2??
        Offer??
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Well Med/PFT1 is done.

If you fail PFT1 they should immediately drop you from the process and ban you from applying to any FLE position in the future.

Seriously. However I do feel bad for the RNs that have to listen to that CD multiple times a day/week.

Good luck everyone.
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
            Well Med/PFT1 is done.

If you fail PFT1 they should immediately drop you from the process and ban you from applying to any FLE position in the future.

Seriously. However I do feel bad for the RNs that have to listen to that CD multiple times a day/week.

Good luck everyone.
            Congrats, my medical was a piece of cake also.
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• My fitness is scheduled for 03/09/2015. I'm sure I'll pass. I exceeded the requirements for CBPO a few weeks ago and the BPA test isn't that much different.

I know it says somewhere in here or in the CBPO thread, but I can't find it. Can anyone tell me which stages in the hiring process are used for both BPA and CBPO? I'm assuming BI since I only completed an e-QIP for CBPO and my BI for BPA says it's in the security office. Anything else? Medical perhaps? CHS only scheduled me for fitness, no medical as of yet.

Comment

• New opening : 15-4

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/393389700

Comment

• What are the chances of getting offered Dallas & San Antonio?

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                    What are the chances of getting offered Dallas & San Antonio?
                    The word on the street is that new hires will be assigned to interior and northern border stations for the next several announcements. I suggest you apply now. Check the mark for South Texas. That means Houston and San Antonio.
                    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                      The word on the street is that new hires will be assigned to interior and northern border stations for the next several announcements. I suggest you apply now. Check the mark for South Texas. That means Houston and San Antonio.
                      That's just plain cruel, lol

Comment

• 15-1 applicant here and I also just scheduled my pft1. I only have to do the fitness part and in CASS it also says for my BI that the case is in the security office...for does of us that went thru the CBPO position I think we only have to do the Oral Board and drug test, that is if you did the process within a year from now. That being said this process should go pretty quick,hopefully.
                        And I'm also South Texas, hope they offer good locations :-D

Comment

Stupid question, but is this good or bad? Just wondering.

Comment

lol I mean Dallas, Houston and SA are all considered interior right?

I just reapplied to South Texas. Hope it doesn't get me set back more than a few weeks.
                            Last edited by YoungCBPOApplicant; 02-27-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

This is a lie! Do not listen to this nonsense guys. New hires are not being sent to Houston OR San Antonio. Most if not all of the new hires under this announcement will be going to Florida. The Jacksonville and Orlando offices are in critical need for applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                                15-1 applicant here and I also just scheduled my pft1. I only have to do the fitness part and in CASS it also says for my BI that the case is in the security office...for does of us that went thru the CBPO position I think we only have to do the Oral Board and drug test, that is if you did the process within a year from now. That being said this process should go pretty quick,hopefully.
                                And I'm also South Texas, hope they offer good locations :-D
                                I'm in the same boat as you - good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5340 users online. 256 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X