300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
    Nice. I just received my FP cards in the mail this afternoon so I'm going to get those sent out tomorrow. Hopefully my location will set some appointments soon. Hell I'll volunteer for four rounds of back to back poly's, PFT2's, and VBT/SI's across four hours just to get things rolling.

+1 for BPA using E-QIP.
    +10132430234232729743231242394626432702 for E-QIP saving your information from previous investigations. This request took all of about five minutes to double check and submit.

Good luck!
    Word.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
      Just got oral board letter today for March 27th
      are u 15-1 applicant?

Comment

• Yes, just completed my eqip and mailed my fingerprint cards today.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm sorry to jump in late to the thread, but just looking for a little information. What is Border Patrol currently looking for in an applicant? Several years ago the rumor was BP was the easiest fed agency to get hired on, we had a couple from my previous job who went through the process.
          My nephew had applied and the only thing he got back was a decline letter saying he didn't have enough experience. He doesn't have any full time work experience, he is 20, started college when he was 17 but is ready to get out and get a real job. He is fluent in Spanish and English (2nd language). I'd like him to come work at my agency, but he has hit sights set on BP, and was asking me about applying and working there but I don't know enough about BP to give him an answer.
          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
            My nephew had applied and the only thing he got back was a decline letter saying he didn't have enough experience. He doesn't have any full time work experience, he is 20, started college when he was 17 but is ready to get out and get a real job.
            I would assume that it is going to be hard to be competitive as a non-vet with no experience. However, with no experience he needs to have at least a BA in order to qualify for the GS-05 substitution. Maybe try talking to him about coming to work for your agency (I'm assuming your LE from the way you mentioned it) to get up the required experience for a chance at the GS-05/07. There are some current and former BPAs on here so they could probably add a bit more above the basic requirement details.

Disclaimer: I'm not a BPA but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

----------------------------------------------
            From the 15-1 Vacancy:

KEY REQUIREMENTS
            U.S. Citizenship Required
            Age Requirement: Referral Prior to 37th Birthday (waiver for Veterans)
            Residency in U.S. for the Last 3 Years
            Entrance Exam, Medical Exam, Physical Fitness Tests and Drug Test
            Background Investigation and Polygraph Exam Required
            No Convictions of Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence
            Required to Qualify and Carry a Firearm. Valid Driver's License Required
            Requires Regular and Reccuring Shift Work
            Previous Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination Scores are NOT Valid

You must qualify for the BPA position based on experience, education, or a combination of both.

Experience Requirements for a GL-5 level: You must have at least one year of experience that fully demonstrates the ability to:
            1. Take charge, make sound decisions, and maintain composure in stressful situations;
            2. Learn law enforcement regulations, methods and techniques through classroom training and/or on-the-job instruction; and
            3. Gather factual information through questioning, observation, and examination of documents and records.

Experience Requirements for a GL-7 level: You must have one year experience in law enforcement work that fully demonstrates the ability to:
            1. Make arrests and exercise sound judgment in the use of firearms;
            2. Deal effectively with individuals or groups of persons in a courteous, tactful manner in connection with law enforcement matters;
            3. Analyze information rapidly and make prompt decisions or take prompt and appropriate law enforcement action in light of applicable laws, court decisions and sound law enforcement matters; and
            4. Develop and maintain contact with a network of informants.

Substitution of Education: If you do not have the work experience described above, four (4) academic years above high school leading to a bachelor's degree or a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university can be substituted and is fully qualifying for the GL-5 grade level. For the GL-7 grade level, one (1) full year of graduate education in law or in fields related to law enforcement (e.g. criminal justice, police science, etc.) is qualifying. You may substitute superior academic achievement for the experience required at the GL-7 grade level. You must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale; class standing in the upper third of a graduating class or major subdivision; or membership in a national scholastic honor society.

Combining qualifying experience and education: If you do not qualify based on experience or education alone, you may be able to qualify based on a combination of your experience and education at the GL-5 and GL-7 grade levels.
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Quick question for those that recently took the computerized assessment exam, will you actually have to be there for 5 hours?. What if you completed one section of the exam, can skip and move onto the next exam and finished before the 5 hours.? Can you go back and change your answers? Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Transit Bus Driver View Post
                Quick question for those that recently took the computerized assessment exam, will you actually have to be there for 5 hours?. What if you completed one section of the exam, can skip and move onto the next exam and finished before the 5 hours.? Can you go back and change your answers? Thanks for the clarification.
                I finished in around 3 hours, moving to the next sections at my own pace. Once you go to the next question, it won't let you go back, same with the sections.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
                  Hey guys, I'm sorry to jump in late to the thread, but just looking for a little information. What is Border Patrol currently looking for in an applicant? Several years ago the rumor was BP was the easiest fed agency to get hired on, we had a couple from my previous job who went through the process.
                  My nephew had applied and the only thing he got back was a decline letter saying he didn't have enough experience. He doesn't have any full time work experience, he is 20, started college when he was 17 but is ready to get out and get a real job. He is fluent in Spanish and English (2nd language). I'd like him to come work at my agency, but he has hit sights set on BP, and was asking me about applying and working there but I don't know enough about BP to give him an answer.
                  Thanks!
                  The process has changed a little in the last few years. In 2007/2008, people were getting hired in 3-4 months. There was no polygraph, there was no PFT2, and because they were adding so many agents, they accepted some candidates who had lower test scores and minor background issues. They added 6000-7000 agents in the matter of 2 years, so back then it was the easiest federal LE agency to get a position.

Well things have changed. Border Patrol is no longer hiring thousands of new agents, they are only hiring now for attrition. Due to several high profile issues, candidates with those background issues are no longer considered. All candidates have to take a polygraph, and due to so many out of shape people failing or getting hurt at the academy, there is now a PFT2. Also they have rewritten the hiring test, and it may be harder than the one from years back. Now the process takes 1.5 - 2 years.

Border Patrol is still one of the easier Federal LE positions to obtain, but no longer is it as easy as before. Your nephew is still very young. I am pretty sure that his issue probably is that he didn't have the 1 full year of work experience needed for GL-5. Tell him to go ahead, finish college, and apply again in the future.
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent

If you are found unsuitable for employment due to a failed background, how long until you can apply again?

Comment

• I forgot if it was 1 or 3 years.
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo: SW
                      Tested: Sep '13
                      NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                      Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                      Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                      Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                      The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                      BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                      EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                        Yes, just completed my eqip and mailed my fingerprint cards today.
                        Wow that's pretty quick, what was your test score if you don't mind me asking? I check my cass and there using my process I went thru with the CBPO position so I think I have to just do the oral board note sure tho..

Comment

• Ok guys and gals... Whoever else is scheduling their medical exam with CHS right now needs to hang up. Aint nobody got time to sit on hold all day
                          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Ok guys and gals... Whoever else is scheduling their medical exam with CHS right now needs to hang up. Aint nobody got time to sit on hold all day
                            That would be me but I have been waiting forever too!

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                              That would be me but I have been waiting forever too!
                              Haha. I was only on hold for 12 minutes so wasn't too bad.

Seeing as how you already completed the medical for the CBPO position, it sucks you have to do it again for BPA. ...Unless they are trying to bump up the attrition rate with that haze fest of a PFT1.

Stupid 10pt-Vet Pref VA SCDs... Making me check the "Yes" block twice. Sure, they are great to have when you're being scored but they really ruin the whole "checking 'No' across the sheet" game.

Best of luck in the process.
                              Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Haha. I was only on hold for 12 minutes so wasn't too bad.

Seeing as how you already completed the medical for the CBPO position, it sucks you have to do it again for BPA. ...Unless they are trying to bump up the attrition rate with that haze fest of a PFT1.

Stupid 10pt-Vet Pref VA SCDs... Making me check the "Yes" block twice. Sure, they are great to have when you're being scored but they really ruin the whole "checking 'No' across the sheet" game.

Best of luck in the process.
                                12?? I was holding for 38 minutes.

According to CASS I think my medical is being transferred over but I still scheduled to do the PFT1 maybe my BI too since it already says my case in the security office?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10909 users online. 531 members and 10378 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X