Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked this question earlier and I found the offical answer on the opm.gov website; auo IS included when calculating retrirement "high-3." Here is what it said verbatim, "Since AUO pay is basic pay for retirement purposes for law
    enforcement officers
    "

Comment

• This fitness test is very easy if you are in any shape. I haven't run since November and even then was only running a few miles once a week. I had a cold when I went in for my physical/medical last week and talked to the tester the entire exam. If one can not pass this simple exam, then that person has much work to do before going to any academy.
      trainee

Comment

• I received my BI packet yesterday, and wow there is alot of information that has to be completed in a short time period. so I guess I will be busy for a few days. do they normally have the oral board before the med/phy?

Comment

• Originally posted by steel113 View Post
          I received my BI packet yesterday, and wow there is alot of information that has to be completed in a short time period. so I guess I will be busy for a few days. do they normally have the oral board before the med/phy?
          If you would have gone to HonorFirst.com you could have already started most of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by steel113 View Post
            I received my BI packet yesterday, and wow there is alot of information that has to be completed in a short time period. so I guess I will be busy for a few days. do they normally have the oral board before the med/phy?
            My OB was a few days before my med/PT, but I've been told it could go either way. If this is your first application, esp. to Fed positions, you need to get ALL that info and keep it on hand. Some applications have required my dental xrays, so get EVERYTHING you could imagine ready.
            trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
              My OB was a few days before my med/PT, but I've been told it could go either way. If this is your first application, esp. to Fed positions, you need to get ALL that info and keep it on hand. Some applications have required my dental xrays, so get EVERYTHING you could imagine ready.
              My Med/PT was a month before my OB, and I still haven't heard from a BI. But I was told that its really different with everybody because they have different people organizing all the steps in the process. Good luck.

Comment

• Cheers all ! Applying for Border Patrol on either 1/26 or 3/23....depending on my availability.

To introduce myself: 25 years old, graduate of UConn, looking to switch gears from finance to BP. Father worked in LE for 28 years, and his father did also......time for me to carry on the family tradition.

Hesitant about leaving everything and moving to the border b/c I have all my friends and family up here in Connecticut. But I really want to do this, so it is a sacrifice I'll have to make assuming I get an offer

Comment

• Oh, and one question. Do the compressed sites still polygraph ? I just changed my location to a compressed location and read everything that is going to occur on the cpb.com site for USBP agents, and it was updated on 10/08 and said NOTHING about polygraphing. Did they do away with this ?

Comment

• Does the BP take military time and apply it towards BP retirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by capaladj View Post
                      Does the BP take military time and apply it towards BP retirement?
                      You can buy it back, but you can't take ten years in the military and ten years in the BP and retire.

http://www.honorfirst.com/militarypaybuyback.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrader View Post
                        Oh, and one question. Do the compressed sites still polygraph ? I just changed my location to a compressed location and read everything that is going to occur on the cpb.com site for USBP agents, and it was updated on 10/08 and said NOTHING about polygraphing. Did they do away with this ?
                        My understanding is that it was always a bit random (or seemed to be random) whether a candidate took the poly or not. I don't think it had anything to do with compressed testing. It let the BP grant you an interim clearance and to get you to the academy sooner. Now that it appears the BP is not granting interim clearances, the poly may have been done away with anyway.

Comment

• Anyone have good info on the different duty stations?
                          Last edited by 9.11NeverForget; 01-28-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Great news!

I took the Border Patrol compressed written exam today in San Diego and passed with a 91.0! I'm really happy and can't believe I passed! I will be going for an Oral Interview in approximately two weeks and was told we'd be given an academy date on that day.

I thought the test was difficult and often saw myself running out of time. The Artificial Intelligence Test seemed to be much harder than the practice test given in the booklet so my best advice to everyone is to study hard and you should be fine. Approximately 200 people showed up and I'm guessing only 50 or so passed.
                            United States Border Patrol
                            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                              I will be going for an Oral Interview in approximately two weeks and was told we'd be given an academy date on that day.
                              Negative, you will not get an academy date or offer of employment until you complete the entire hiring process. You still have several months to a year in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                Negative, you will not get an academy date or offer of employment until you complete the entire hiring process. You still have several months to a year in front of you.
                                Well, this is what I was told by the individual prompting the exam but I'll take your word for it since you're the Federal Agent, not him. The supervisor on site told us that they'll be hiring a lot of agents coming 2009 and that the process for most eligible candidates will take anywhere from 3 to 4 months.

Quick question. We were all given a yellow packet to fill out which includes three finger print cards as well as green booklet. We were told that the following needs to be completed by the Oral Interview date. Does the same apply to the SF-86 (e-QIP)?

Thanks!
                                United States Border Patrol
                                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12676 users online. 494 members and 12182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X