300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Pi, Esq.,

Wouldn't you be taking a pay cut to come work for the BP? We just took a pay cut last year when our AUO got cut. I made more money 2 years ago then I do now.

Just curious why you would leave a Mon-Fri job making more money..?

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
      To Pi, Esq.,

Wouldn't you be taking a pay cut to come work for the BP? We just took a pay cut last year when our AUO got cut. I made more money 2 years ago then I do now.

Just curious why you would leave a Mon-Fri job making more money..?
      I would be taking a pay cut… well over $100k. However, due to wise saving strategies, the pay cut, while horrifically large, won't be the that bad because I have no debt and I own my home, so if I have to move, I'll make pure profit on the sale. And, luckily for me, my house has appreciated since I bought it.

As for why, my reasons are relatively simple: I worked as a prosecutor and I really enjoyed it; it was much more fulfilling to see criminals put behind bars, in small part, because of my work. Now, I work white-collar criminal defense cases, all my clients are guilty, and my job is to help them get the best sentence they can get, or, in the off chance the government doesn't have a great case, get them a not guilty verdict. While I enjoy the complexity of my work, the clientele leave much to be desired. I would much rather be proactively going out and preventing/catching criminals than representing them.

As for why an 1811 vs. going back to being a prosecutor: Every day I interacted with 1811's and what they did was more appealing to me. And, I always felt like they were asking me for help on how to write a better warrant, better procedures for how to properly seize evidence, etc. So, I feel like my background and education will make me a great 1811 because I have the legal knowledge and I imagine they will train me on the other stuff.

Also, my job is not really Monday - Friday. I work an average of 60+ hours a week, and during a trial, that number can go up to 90+.

EDIT: Someone asked me the same question in another thread, and I just copied the response from that thread and pasted it here. While the above says 1811, it applies to a BPA position, as well.
      Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 01-21-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• I was just going to tell you to disregard your response, I found your response from another forum member on the SSA posting. Does the offer of a beer extend to me if I get hired with SSA? I live on Lake St Clair too
        Last edited by DiverB72; 01-21-2015, 08:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I was just going to tell you to disregard your response, I found your response from another forum member on the SSA posting. Does the offer a beer extend to me if I get hire with SSA? I live on Lake St Clair too
          Well, ****… if you already live here, no reason not to grab one regardless.

Comment

I was just going to tell you to disregard your response, I found your response from another forum member on the SSA posting. Does the offer of a beer extend to me if I get hired with SSA? I live on Lake St Clair too
            Just tried to respond to your PM… for some reason, Officer.com thinks that you don't exist. I'll try to send it again, later.

Comment

• Hummmm that's weird ? I've used the PM feature in the past

Comment

• Have either of you ever seen Kid Rock or his 40 foot Donzi?
                Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• I haven't seen his boat, but he frequents a bar close to my house and I've seen him there a few times

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                    Have either of you ever seen Kid Rock or his 40 foot Donzi?
                    I've seen the boat. He's had it his house on the Detroit River a few times and I drive by his house here daily.

Comment

• Also, Diver, this is the error I get every time I try to PM you:

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: Image size too small. Imgur, for the win: http://i.imgur.com/EIiolKk.gif
                      Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 01-23-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        Lol, at least you're honest.
                        I want you to know what to expect.

Anyone hired after the big hiring push of 2007/2008 is facing an uphill battle when it comes to opportunities at my station. I would say that 75% of the agents at my station were hired during the big hiring push, only about 5% of agents here were hired after the big push. The other 20% came before the push, but a lot of them are supervisors. No new agents have been hired since 2011.

There are other stations like mine in the patrol, and it is something you might want to think about if given the choice between multiple stations. A station like Ajo, which many consider a less desirable place, may offer more opportunities for those agents with less seniority due to the amount of turnover they have experienced, and the number of newer agents they have hired to work there.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Did any body receive anything regarding the test for 15-3?

Comment

• No... I have we hear something soon

Comment

• Starting February 23, 2015 to March 14 2015 we should hear something this week or next for the exam scheduling dates.

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent

Test results came back, finally, From the December exam. Anyone know how it's scored? It says I have a 103. I'm hoping that's not out of 200 possible.
                                Last edited by Phroggy07; 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11287 users online. 470 members and 10817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X