300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    What exactly does working a checkpoint entail?
    Well, I don't want to get too much into detail I will say that the purpose of the checkpoint is to perform immigration inspections. We mostly encounter immigration and drug related issues at the checkpoints, but sometimes we come across things like stolen vehicles, subjects with active warrants, drunk drivers, etc. We turn those things over to other agencies.

Since our AOR does not consist of any border, and our primary mission is the checkpoints, our main duty here is traffic check. We work a lot of vehicle traffic, and get a lot of cases. We also work the groups as they attempt to walk around our checkpoints, so there is some foot traffic as well.

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
    Well when you put it like that how can I say no? What are your days off looking like with 3.5 years on?
    I have a lot of trouble getting the days off I want, and my requests for annual leave (vacation) are mostly denied because I lack seniority. I also have trouble getting training, and details, and I can't get my desired shift on the shift bid.
    Last edited by TheKansan; 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• West Texas, South Texas or Arizona?
      pros and cons for the areas?
      finally applying

Thank You

Comment

• [..............
        Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
          I have a lot of trouble getting the days off I want, and my requests for annual leave (vacation) are mostly denied because I lack seniority. I also have trouble getting training, and details, and I can't get my desired shift on the shift bid.
          Lol, at least you're honest.
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            Hmmm. I know quite a few lawyers and they all work their tails off and don't have much time for posting on cop forums.....

If you wore the green you would know, w/o question, this would not stand up to any review by the courts.

Now run along back to your aclu meeting. Run along.
            Wait... let me get this straight... you moan and whine when people don't use facts to support their assertions and you accuse them of making bare assertions because they have no facts to support them. Then, I provide you with a rock solid, incontrovertible factual basis upon which the assertions rest, and you again complain? The problem here is you, clearly, not the hiring practices.

Also, you do realize that when you resort to personal attacks (alluding that I'm not an attorney), you lose most, if not all, credibility you have. Personal attacks are what you resort to when you don't have any of those lovely facts that you demand of others. Also, I would say that, from my experience, BPA's work just as many, if not more, hours than most attorneys. As such, shouldn't your logic apply to the ability of BPA's to post on cop forums? Additionally, I would have to say that the attorneys you know must be really bad at time management if they don't have 10 minutes a day to post on a forum. For all you know, I could be writing this post during my morning dump.

Lastly, you clearly have no understanding of the constitutional principles at play here. The Supreme Court and Congress don't give a damn about what you think. You do realize that the regulation in question isn't something that Border Patrol created, right; it was created by Congress. As such, the constitutionality determination of the regulation begins with whether or not Congress had the authority to implement such a regulation. They did have the authority, and it is constitutional, so then we would look at the stated purpose of Border Patrol's usage of the regulation. So long as someone at Border Patrol can talk the talk (i.e. say that their usage of the regulation is to recruit women because they have a dire need for screening more illegal women efficiently), the practice is valid.

You can tell me all day I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't wear the green, but you'd be wrong and it doesn't matter. If you think for one minute that what the guy on the line thinks matters, you clearly must not be a federal employee. The courts aren't going to ever inquire into what the little guy thinks. They are going to ask the movers and shakers what their intentions were behind implementing the hiring regulation. Your opinion, succinctly put, doesn't matter one iota.

Comment

Wait... let me get this straight... you moan and whine when people don't use facts to support their assertions and you accuse them of making bare assertions because they have no facts to support them. Then, I provide you with a rock solid, incontrovertible factual basis upon which the assertions rest, and you again complain? The problem here is you, clearly, not the hiring practices.

For all you know, I could be writing this post during my morning dump.
              Dude just ignore him. He isn't even worth being part of morning dump time. He obviously speaks for the entire agency so just let it go.

...I wonder if he's my neighbor who "wears the green" but seems to have a real hard time getting in and out of his truck every day.
              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                Dude just ignore him. He isn't even worth being part of morning dump time. He obviously speaks for the entire agency so just let it go.

...I wonder if he's my neighbor who "wears the green" but seems to have a real hard time getting in and out of his truck every day.
                He just reminds of a bitter POG who complains about how dangerous his job is... all the while wearing a pretty red patch on his cammies.

Comment

• Complaining incessantly to anyone who will listen to us–while simultaneously wallowing in the negativity for an indefinite period of time, without any desire or interest in solving the issue.

Comment

• So stop complaining come with solution

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I agree. The young lawyer who bills at 200 dollars an hour, buts wants a job that pays 1/4 of that, and his friend the big bad reaper should go get a couple of chai lattes and and discuss ways to make everyone believe in them and their dear leader obama.
                        I'm not that big

I may not have seen my toes in a few years and still need to stuff my shoes to be able to ride all of the rides, but at least I'm drinking my milk.
                        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

I agree. The young lawyer who bills at 200 dollars an hour, buts wants a job that pays 1/4 of that, and his friend the big bad reaper should go get a couple of chai lattes and and discuss ways to make everyone believe in them and their dear leader obama.

While they discuss these great issues, please excuse me, because I have to send a few a-holes to jail tonight.
                          And I'm not that young. And, while you may think you are a bad@ss, I'm quite sure I've sent more people to jail than you. And, when I do it, they stay there.

Comment

And I'm not that young. And, while you may think you are a bad@ss, I'm quite sure I've sent more people to jail than you. And, when I do it, they stay there.

Hey bro, im curious as to where you work? I see that the guy above states you are a lawyer, how come you want to go LE or BPA?
                            If you dont mind..
                            Some people do not like saying where they work online and its understandable..

Comment

• Originally posted by andres_garcia View Post
                              Hey bro, im curious as to where you work? I see that the guy above states you are a lawyer, how come you want to go LE or BPA?
                              If you dont mind..
                              Some people do not like saying where they work online and its understandable..
                              I worked as a prosecutor in the Eastern District of Michigan. I now work for one of the largest law firms in the country doing white-collar criminal defense work. I did apply for this current BPA vacancy.

Comment

I worked as a prosecutor in the Eastern District of Michigan. I now work for one of the largest law firms in the country doing white-collar criminal defense work. I did apply for this current BPA vacancy.
                                Thats awesome!

How come you want to do LE?
                                And yeah if you want to do BP i suggest putting in for tuczon, you will learn in a year what takes atleast 5 years to learn in san diego. I have been hearing that everyone is going to texas though. You will get it aslong as you pass your polygraph. Everything else is cake.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6213 users online. 237 members and 5976 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X