300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• • Border Patrol Agent (BPA)

â—‹ Females represent 5.0% of BPAs, as compared with 14.8% in the RCLF.
    â—‹ Black or African Americans represent 1.9% of BPAs, as compared with 12.6% in the RCLF.

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...s/pdo-fy13.pdf

page 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      • Border Patrol Agent (BPA)

â—‹ Females represent 5.0% of BPAs, as compared with 14.8% in the RCLF.
      â—‹ Black or African Americans represent 1.9% of BPAs, as compared with 12.6% in the RCLF.

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...s/pdo-fy13.pdf

page 18.
      Are you trying to make an argument that BPA should be able to have targeted recruiting of blacks, or simply providing a comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
        https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390455600

Entry level BPA open on usajobs.

We have had several announcements in the last 6 months. That should tell everyone that we are losing a lot of people. If I was a candidate, I would hold out for the CBPO position. There is much better mobility, and a chance to be stationed somewhere other than the SWB.

If you choose West Texas/New Mexico as your geo preference, do not think for even one second that El Paso is a possibility. Almost all of the slots will be for Lordsburg, and the Big Bend sector (Presidio, Sanderson, etc).
        don't know when the next CBPO announcement might come out?? if another announcement for BPA is out I'm assuming that soon will get a CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
          Are you trying to make an argument that BPA should be able to have targeted recruiting of blacks, or simply providing a comparison?

Actually, I was pressed for time so I didn't put in the effort to cull out the section on black percentages.

You might be on to something though...especially if there's a specific motive behind this feminization push...such as a merger.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Actually, I was pressed for time so I didn't put in the effort to cull out the section on black percentages.

You might be on to something though...especially if there's a specific motive behind this feminization push...such as a merger.
            Well, I think the motive is to have more feel BPA's so the agency can conduct more female screenings. I don't think there is any really nefarious purpose. With regard to hiring more blacks, without getting into too much of another legal post, it would be unconstitutional now to have a hiring authority that allowed the agency to give preference to people solely based on race.

Comment

• I see the announcement is open again for all those looking for a GS-12 federal LEO career. Badge, gun, creds, making arrests, chasing bad guys, high speed pursuits, 1000 pound drug busts, etc. Honestly, you probably won't see more action in any other federal LE career.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390455600

The numbers that I have heard are that they are looking to hire 1600 Border Patrol Agents this year to replace those who left for retirement or other career opportunities. I don't think any other federal LE agency does hiring at a scale like this, so this would be a great opportunity.

Rumors were that my station (Willcox, AZ) was looking to pick up 8 new recruits this year. They will be the first new hires at my station since I joined the patrol 3.5 years ago.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• TheKansan: I tried to PM you, but I received a message that your PM box is full. Seeing as there was nothing private about the message, I'm reposting here. If you don't want to respond in the thread, I understand. Feel free to PM me a response.

Begin:

I put in for the Arizona locations. Would you mind sharing any info you feel comfortable with about your duty station, and any others in AZ that you know about. Ideally, my first choice would be Tucson (went to UofA for undergrad) or Casa Grande, but, because I imagine those posts are sought after, I imagine it won't happen.

Thanks for any info you are able, and willing, to provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                  I put in for the Arizona locations. Would you mind sharing any info you feel comfortable with about your duty station, and any others in AZ that you know about. Ideally, my first choice would be Tucson (went to UofA for undergrad) or Casa Grande, but, because I imagine those posts are sought after, I imagine it won't happen.

Thanks for any info you are able, and willing, to provide.
                  My station is a checkpoint station. We have three 24/7 checkpoints one in Elfrida on SR191, one in Tombstone on SR 80, and one just north of Huachuca City on SR90. We are the smallest station in sector in terms of man power and we have lost some agents recently to OFO and to retirement. Honestly, the people here are good, and the management is good too. We have our issues, but so does every station. Since we have so many checkpoints, we spend more time working the checkpoints than working the field. Maybe 3 out of 5 days a week.

Many of the agents here live in Tucson, but it is not a short commute. Vail is about 65 miles away, and sector HQ, which is right next to Davis-Monthan, is 82 miles away. Some guys live in Marana, which is near 100 miles each way. The good news is that we have a van pool. The government reimburses almost the entire cost, so it is a huge savings. Also the guys who live in Tucson can apply for sector details.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you about other duty stations in AZ because this is the only one in AZ where I have worked. I can tell you a little about McAllen station though since I worked there for 5 weeks last summer.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    My station is a checkpoint station. We have three 24/7 checkpoints one in Elfrida on SR191, one in Tombstone on SR 80, and one just north of Huachuca City on SR90. We are the smallest station in sector in terms of man power and we have lost some agents recently to OFO and to retirement. Honestly, the people here are good, and the management is good too. We have our issues, but so does every station. Since we have so many checkpoints, we spend more time working the checkpoints than working the field. Maybe 3 out of 5 days a week.

Many of the agents here live in Tucson, but it is not a short commute. Vail is about 65 miles away, and sector HQ, which is right next to Davis-Monthan, is 82 miles away. Some guys live in Marana, which is near 100 miles each way. The good news is that we have a van pool. The government reimburses almost the entire cost, so it is a huge savings. Also the guys who live in Tucson can apply for sector details.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you about other duty stations in AZ because this is the only one in AZ where I have worked. I can tell you a little about McAllen station though since I worked there for 5 weeks last summer.
                    What exactly does working a checkpoint entail?

Comment

• For anyone that has taken the DLAB and ALT: are they the same test? If so, will I be able to just use my DLAB score (147) in lieu of having to take the ALT?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        I see the announcement is open again for all those looking for a GS-12 federal LEO career. Badge, gun, creds, making arrests, chasing bad guys, high speed pursuits, 1000 pound drug busts, etc. Honestly, you probably won't see more action in any other federal LE career.
                        Well when you put it like that how can I say no? What are your days off looking like with 3.5 years on?
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• When are we going to get the test results?

Comment

• Who knows...

Comment

• "Hurry up and wait" ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jgregg6 View Post
                                "Hurry up and wait" ...
                                Agree!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9633 users online. 397 members and 9236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X