X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas to you too man.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Any written exam results from recent announcement?

Comment

• Nope. Long 24 hours...

Comment

• Anyone heard anything on their exam scores yet?

Comment

• Nope. Been a long 603 hours... haha
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
              Nope. Long 24 hours...
              bro if you just took your exam, and were expecting your results within 24 hours, and it has been a long 24 hours, you are in for some serious pain waiting for your process to play out. it's a 2-3 year process. i would go 5-6 months deep in the process without hearing anything at all between steps.
              Last edited by battlewagon; 01-02-2015, 09:49 PM.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• I am just wondering when are we going to receive our test scores??

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390455600

Entry level BPA open on usajobs.

We have had several announcements in the last 6 months. That should tell everyone that we are losing a lot of people. If I was a candidate, I would hold out for the CBPO position. There is much better mobility, and a chance to be stationed somewhere other than the SWB.

If you choose West Texas/New Mexico as your geo preference, do not think for even one second that El Paso is a possibility. Almost all of the slots will be for Lordsburg, and the Big Bend sector (Presidio, Sanderson, etc).
                  Last edited by Albert Wesker; 01-08-2015, 01:08 AM.
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390455600

We have had several announcements in the last 6 months. That should tell everyone that we are losing a lot of people. If I was a candidate, I would hold out for the CBPO position. There is much better mobility, and a chance to be stationed somewhere other than the SWB.

If you choose West Texas/New Mexico as your geo preference, do not think for even one second that El Paso is a possibility. Almost all of the slots will be for Lordsburg, and the Big Bend sector (Presidio, Sanderson, etc).
                    I imagine the same is true for the Arizona preference and Tucson?

Comment

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390455600

Is AUO dependent on duty station or is it automatic with the position? Do days off/weekend rotate or do they still use the archaic 5 day/fixed days off work week? How difficult is the Spanish course? Also, what are the chance of getting San Antonio, Dallas, or Corpus Christi in the South Texas Corridor?
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                        I imagine the same is true for the Arizona preference and Tucson?
                        No one is going to Tucson station for a while. No one is going to Casa Grande either.
                        Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                          Is AUO dependent on duty station or is it automatic with the position?
                          It is dependent on a number of factors. Some people who work at slower stations have higher AUO because of their duty assignment. For example, horse patrol gets a lot more auo than a line agent in most cases. Tucson sector asked all agents to keep themselves at 20% or below, but in the Rio Grande Valley, all agents were authorized for 25%.

Right now I am at 15%, and it's not because I am lazy, that is just the nature of the game. Simply put, don't become dependent on AUO. Also keep your eyes open for info on the new pay plan that will guarantee us 25%, but we will no longer receive flsa.

Do days off/weekend rotate or do they still use the archaic 5 day/fixed days off work week?
                          I strongly prefer fixed days off, and so do the majority of agents I know. You have a very hard time planning a life if your days off are constantly changing. Days off are based on seniority, but anyone can get the occasional weekend off with sufficient notice, regardless of seniority. Just don't expect to get it every week.

How difficult is the Spanish course?
                          Not difficult at all. Don't worry about it, it is almost impossible to fail.

Also, what are the chance of getting San Antonio, Dallas, or Corpus Christi in the South Texas Corridor?
                          ZERO

Expect to be offered Laredo, Eagle Pass, Falfurrias, etc.
                          Last edited by Albert Wesker; 01-08-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            You have talked a lot of trash but you never presented any valid legal argument as to why the law should be violated.

Is it because you have nothing based in the law to say on the matter?? And you keep pulling the vet preference out of your *** which has nothing to do with gender discrimination, as much as you may want it to.

Morale is in the crapper across the Patrol but, honestly, you sound way to sensitive to be a PA. You sound like your legitimately butt hurt and desperate need a hug.

You should call EAP. Merry Christmas
                            First of all, genius, you make a fatal error. You assume that there is a violation of a law, which there is not. Contrary to your statement, there is a federal regulation that EXPLICITLY ALLOWS targeted female recruitment for these positions, which can be found at 5 CFR 332.407. There is no violation of law here.

Second, even if there were not a federal regulation EXPLICITLY ALLOWING the target recruitment of females, it would still be completely constitutional. Gender is not a suspect class under our constitution. It is, however, considered a quasi-suspect class. Being a quasi-suspect class, it is only subjected to intermediate scrutiny.

Laws and regulations pertaining to quasi-suspect classifications (like gender) are upheld if the government can show the law or regulation is substantially related to an important government interest. The government can easily meet this burden:

The important government interest at work here is the increased need of efficiently screening women coming across the border. I think we can all agree that screening the illegal aliens we take into custody is an important government interest.

Because we have defined the important government interest, we must then determine if the regulation in question is substantially related to that interest. The answer is a resounding "Yes." Clearly, hiring more women for the purpose of screening women coming across the border is substantially related the important government interest of ensuring the efficient screening of women coming across the border.

So, no matter how you look at the regulation, it is not illegal.

If you have the need for any other legal reasoning for issues you don't understand, feel free to let me know. I usually get billed out at around $200/hr, but you can consider this on-the-house... I need the pro bono hours.
                            Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Simply put, it will be very hard to find a lot of women to join Border Patrol with locations like Presidio, Ajo, El Centro, Lordsburg, etc. The very rules that are meant to prevent corruption make it hard to hire women. The polygraph knocks a ton of good candidates out of the process, male and female. Then the 100 mile rule makes it so that no new agent can be assigned anywhere near "home". Basically and family, friends, or social support structure will be far away. This may be far more important for women than men. The job itself makes it so that your social life will suffer from working for the agency, and having a family will be very difficult, especially for women.

Honestly, there aren't many women in BP, and the majority of which that I know, do not work in the field, they have details in-station or at sector, or are supervisory. The ones who do work in the field are generally newer hires.

Comment

Honestly, there aren't many women in BP, and the majority of which that I know, do not work in the field, they have details in-station or at sector, or are supervisory. The ones who do work in the field are generally newer hires.
                                We only have 4 female agents at my station and 2 of them are detailed to other LE agencies and the other is detailed to sector and one works the field. When I was in Ajo we had 2 females but that was 7 yrs ago when I was there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10186 users online. 466 members and 9720 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X