Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 06-22-2016, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      It most certainly is discrimination when after they finish the FTU 99% of them will shortly go to some Mon-Fri 9-5 detail in some office far away from any 10-15 female that needs to be searched. The job has no intention of requiring female agents to stay in the patrol group to do the work that this exemption of the law is supposedly for. If they did the women would sue for being denied career enhancing details. And If the BS behind this exemption was true, all current female PAs would have already been ordered back to the field to do these duties.

Female applicants are fine as long as they are treated like dog crap and subject to the same misery the male applicants are subject too. I work with a good PA who happens to be a woman. But she did it the right way and nobody rolled out the red carpet and made expeditions in the law for her. But this BS is about politics. And I've got a problem when people play BS politics with my back up.
      Well we agree on equality in the workplace. Same job, same responsibilities? Same treatment. Regardless of age, sex, race, favorite color, or fast-food preference.

However...

So by your logic, does a "Status Candidates Only" qualify as "Discrimination"? Because it seems like unless a vacancy reads "US Citizens Only", it would be discriminatory. Right? We can't say that "Females Only" is discriminatory unless we say that "Vets Only" is as well.

I really don't care if you think that "Vets Only" is discriminatory, my real problem is your view that female agents put you at risk.
      Soooo what you're telling me/us is that a female agent wont be able to back you up should the need arise? I call bulls**t on that man. A female who wants to be there and applies herself, is just as capable as a male who wants to be there and applies himself. I don't care if it is a male or female backing me up, be it in AFG, Iraq, or the Border, as long as that person wants to be there. I know plenty of females that I'd rather of had overseas with me as a Grunt, Marine Sniper, or when I was doing contract work as a DDM/PSS on DOS DSS Task Orders. So don't put out that sh*t that an Agent being a female puts you at risk. Each side of the gender table has their sh*tbags that shouldn't be there. Besides, men sue for some asinine reasons as well... cough cough... I failed a final PFT because I'm weak so I'm going to sue and say the test is sexist...cough cough. (Yea lol I'm one of those supporters who is all for them opening combat arms positions to females... providing there is a single standard across the board)

Now for the real threat to one's back up...

The disgusting PFT standards for armed Federal positions. Want to talk about inadequate back up? Let us talk about all of those BPAs sitting in their cars or standing at their post with their guts touching the wheel or their belts disappearing under the fat fold. How about the others that cant move their own body-weight let alone another's should they need to. Oh but it would have everyone up in arms if physical fitness standards were enforced/tested quarterly or modified to be something other than flopping around on the ground or briskly walking. "But I started my bulking cycle in October... of 2003... after I got off probation." Fail a PFT? You aren't fit for duty and have two weeks to retest. Fail again? You're gone. Fail firearm's qual? Retest immediately. Fail again? Gone. Can't compose legible or coherent reports? You have one week to get your sh*t together or you're gone. We are grown adults but we don't like to hold ourselves to adult standards. Now that's some BS Politics that directly effects back up.

...And we aren't going to get into how the lack of firearms proficiency, educational standards, or proper psychological screening ultimately effects one's back up.

Ok I'm done. If this isn't what you meant by "...play BS politics with my backup" or "discrimination", I don't know that to tell you. It's how I interpreted your posting. When someone is trying to stop me or an innocent from going home at the end of the day, I don't give a sh*t what restroom you use as long as you are good at your job and want to be there.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• I took the BPA test Wed, As I was finishing up my last section, section 1. ( I had skipped No.1 and did the other 3 section first). I hit the red button to confirm my answers. A message box read i already partially completed this section. once i clicked the acknowledge button the next screen asked me to "begin assessment", once i clicked the 'ok' button, all my selected answers were blank, I tried again to answers as many questions in the remainding time. I hit the red submit button again and the mishap again with all my answer being wiped away. I informed the proctor, who called technical support, which notified the proctor they were able to do anything. my time expired in that section. I completed the rest of the exam. Ive taking the BPA exam in the past before the computer and passed the only reason I have to redo the process, is because I failed CBPO poly 3 yrs ago. I've reached out to usahire and CBP hiring, when I got home yesterday.

Comment

• All I know is that the issues the Border Patrol has in recruiting females are the same reasons why a lot of men would never work for the patrol. Imagine being being told that you are going to work/live in Marfa, Texas for the next 5-10 years. Or imagine if you have to commute 3 hours daily from the station in Ajo, AZ because there are no decent schools or housing where your station is located. If you don't commute, you will have no life outside of work. If you do commute, after working 10+ hours per day and 3 hours of commuting, you will have no life outside of work. (You can't win that one).

Next up is the lack of transfers to decent locations. Recently an unpaid transfer announcement opened on usajobs for agents. This is the first transfer announcement in years. Many agents with 5+ years in the patrol have never even had the opportunity to transfer.

Take a look at the stations listed. The majority are extremely remote. Those that aren't will require a great deal of seniority. Do you think you will be able to get quality candidates to wait around for 10+ years in order to get out of Alpine, Sanderson, or Lordsburg?

I understand that these are the places where the Border Patrol must work, however the agency did a true disservice to current agents for years by sending new recruits straight to desirable locations and not giving current agents the ability to transfer to them first. All that did was lowered morale. I'm personally trying to get to the RGV and the agency sent hundreds of new recruits there, but denies us other agents the ability to even transfer there when we pay our own way.
          Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 06-22-2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• This "Female Only" announcement doesnt override the announcement that came a month before does it? Because I think that wouldnt be fair.
              CBPO: GS-5
              Geo: SW
              Tested: Sep '13
              NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
              Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
              Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
              Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
              The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
              BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
              EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• No....also, this is for Border Patrol Agents, not Customs and Border Protection Officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                  No....also, this is for Border Patrol Agents, not Customs and Border Protection Officers.
                  I know, I applied for both.

Comment

• Understood. I only saw what looked like the CBPO timeline, and it's not uncommon for people to confuse the too.

Comment

• This question is for those that have taken the Entrance Examination.

Are you given the option of either taking the Artifical Language Test or the Spanish Test? Or is it just the Artifical Language Test for every applicant?
                      CBPO

14-1
                      Geo: SWB
                      CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                      NOR: 07/14/14
                      TSL: 08/01/14
                      Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                      BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                      Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                      VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                      Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                      Poly 1: 11/13/14
                      Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                      Geo: Arizona
                      BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• You could pick either or.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                          Understood. I only saw what looked like the CBPO timeline, and it's not uncommon for people to confuse the too.
                          No worries, I just wanna start either already!

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              The all female classes will be the priority when they get enough applicants to fill them. "Unfair" is a common theme in the Patrol.
                              ::Cries::

(If you don't know what sarcasm is, please stop reading).
                              I feel the same. Especially with alllllll of those "Status Candidates Only" announcements. Stupid veterans and their stupid preferences.

...But where is your "unfair" posting about that?

Let it go man. You're embarrassing yourself and your agency.
                              Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 12-14-2014, 01:48 PM.
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8551 users online. 406 members and 8145 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X