300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
    Did you get your scores yet? I just took my today and they said scores would be sent out within 2 days.
    Negative

Comment

• How's the test, is it similar to CBPO?
      "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Not familiar with CbPO but all BP contains is logical reasoning, language, and questions about you. Not too bad, you are given 2 hours on the language portion, only took me about an hour. Logical reasoning is 70min for 32questions. Try not spending too much time on questions in the logical reasoning part, that killed a few people when I took it.
        Last edited by jl692013; 12-07-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• keep in mind boys this isn't child's play: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...verely-Injured

happened yesterday i think. sounds like the illegal was basically standing over him beating his head with a rock.

i thought the BP test was harder than CBPO. the CBPO test was very SAT-like. the artificial language for BP was tough for me.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Just finished the exam. As stated above the background noise in the testing center was pretty annoying. The basic reasoning portion was medium difficulty I'd say. The artificial language portion was pretty tough. I dont know how they come up with that stuff.
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• SW Applicant here too (I think that was the only region this vacancy was allowing though).

Test was pretty easy and allotted plenty of time to knock it out. The Artificial Language was interesting and the harder of the two sections. Worst part of today's test... a 20'x20' room with nine computer stations going... That first hour was getting pretty hot seeing as how the door was shut the entire time.

Side Note: Definitely worth it to wear the provided headset because one of the other applicants was tapping his damn foot the entire time.

Good luck to everyone taking the test this month!
              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• For artificial language, be very familiar with identifying nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. Once you do this, it becomes fairly easy.

Comment

• all the ALT is is basically spanish (the same conjugation rules, etc), but just with made up words. i had a basic understanding of the concepts of spanish so the ALT wasnt like out of this world hard for me, i finished it but walked out thinking i either failed that part or barely squeaked. ended up with an 87 overall i think. so dont fret your performance until you get your score. a friend of mine in the process had the same thoughts and ended up with a 85, so you usually do better than you think you did
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                    all the ALT is is basically spanish (the same conjugation rules, etc), but just with made up words. i had a basic understanding of the concepts of spanish so the ALT wasnt like out of this world hard for me, i finished it but walked out thinking i either failed that part or barely squeaked. ended up with an 87 overall i think. so dont fret your performance until you get your score. a friend of mine in the process had the same thoughts and ended up with a 85, so you usually do better than you think you did
                    That's exactly what I did, just referred back to the Spanish basics.

Comment

• What's a noun?

Hey BP: Way to not give the results within 24hrs like other agencies... lol
                      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                        What's a noun?

Hey BP: Way to not give the results within 24hrs like other agencies... lol
                        My guess is that we won't see results until after the external assessment's due date, which is December 19th. I wouldn't be surprised if NORs go out a month after that, just like CBP.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            Gentleman, if you are applying for the Patrol I've got bad news for you. The weasels who run this job (into the Fing ground) have decided to only hire female applicants for the foreseeable future. OPM has granted the job an exception to the law so the job can now basically discriminate on the basis of sex until it meets its magical number. At a union meeting I went to the other day they said the number of females the job wants to hire is around 1000. If true it will take a long time to accomplish this for various reasons. Apparently this is going to start very soon.
                            It isn't discrimination if they need females to conduct certain operations IOT assist in accomplishing the agency's mission. If that's the case, then the same "discrimination" may be said for the "Status Candidates Only" vacancies.

BPA 15-2, which closes today, is the "Females Only" vacancy. Good luck to any and all females who applied to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                              It isn't discrimination if they need females to conduct certain operations IOT assist in accomplishing the agency's mission. If that's the case, then the same "discrimination" may be said for the "Status Candidates Only" vacancies.

BPA 15-2, which closes today, is the "Females Only" vacancy. Good luck to any and all females who applied to it!
                              Agreed. I don't see it as "discrimination." This isn't the first agency to specify gender in an announcement.

Comment

• Took the test today..I recently went thru the entire process with the CBPO position so hopefully everything just moves over...except for the oral board I believe I have to do that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10144 users online. 347 members and 9797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X