Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      In the early 90's, INS had roughly 4000 Border Patrol Agents. In 2003, CBP inherited roughly 10,500 Agents. Today there are well over 21,000 BPAs. within CBP. In other words, in the last 11 years CBP oversaw more growth within Border Patrol than what their entire previous 60 year history held.

There's a lot of people agency-wide who owe their positions to CBP. ..if nothing else.
      I don't think the people owe positions to CBP nor do I think the agency is responsible for the growth. If you want to be factual, the many people owe their positions and the agency owes it's growth to Al-Qaeda without that organization and it's actions you would not see those numbers today.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
        You can take the blue koolaid elsewhere. CBP is the root of all of the Patrol's problems. All of the micromanagement and oppressive BS and drive to take away our AUO is from CBP. And we don't owe a damn thing to CBP. George Bush ORDERED CBP to increase the Patrol. The toxic ***hats at CBP had nothing to do with it.
        Meh.

Border Patrol went through the same batch of problems back in the late nineties under an INS during the hiring push of that decade, the same corruption issues, the same people fleeing the different agencies.

As far as AUO goes, that's much the same as well. People were pointing out AUO abuse for the last 30 years, at least. The problem has been there for decades...it simply grew big and expensive enough that it could no longer overlooked. A fully funded AUO budget was costing over twice what CBP was funding for OFO overtime. AUO simply became the 800 pound gorilla in the agency.

As far as upper CBP management goes...nobody in OFO finds them "blue".

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          I don't think the people owe positions to CBP nor do I think the agency is responsible for the growth. If you want to be factual, the many people owe their positions and the agency owes it's growth to Al-Qaeda without that organization and it's actions you would not see those numbers today.

FB
          Without AQ, there is no CBP. There is no DHS. There is no merger of USCS and INS.
          Arguably, there's no GS-11 upgrades in 2002. Especially for INS. While Ray Kelly was pushing for Customs Inspectors upgrades in the late 90s, there really wasn't a similar approach in INS. INS was upgraded through legislation driven by a post 9-11 congress.

Comment

• I just received an email to schedule my exam and wanted to ask about the hiring timeline, specifically the background investigation. I already have Clearence from the military, current until 2019, which is a higher level that public trust. Has anyone else had similar credentials? I know DHS had reciprocity for DOD background investigation and I'm hoping this will dramatically reduce the recruitment time table.

Comment

• negative, there is no reciprocity whatsoever. i know that to be a fact, and proven by my classmate who was intelligence for USAF special forces (PJs, CC), and went through the same timeline and BI as me and everyone else
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by dasfgh View Post
                I just received an email to schedule my exam and wanted to ask about the hiring timeline, specifically the background investigation. I already have Clearence from the military, current until 2019, which is a higher level that public trust. Has anyone else had similar credentials? I know DHS had reciprocity for DOD background investigation and I'm hoping this will dramatically reduce the recruitment time table.
                That question has probably been asked over a hundred times in this thread alone. The answer is no, it will not help you complete the process faster. In fact there are even people who have TS/SCI and were found unsuitable by the Border Patrol for hire.
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• No problem MP to Leo! Hope it helps those who just applied as well. Just spoke to special agent yesterday. Next step for me is the Poly! Here's my most recent update.

Border Patrol Agent- application- 2/20/2013
                  Written exam - 3/20/2013
                  N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
                  Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
                  TSL - 6/9/2014
                  OB Interview- 7/22/2014 Passed
                  e-QIP- 8/26/2014
                  Polygraph -scheduled for 12/03/2014
                  BI??
                  PFT -passed 8/20/2014
                  PFT 2??
                  Offer??
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• I just scheduled my written exam. I'll be taking it December 1st and like the CBPO exam, the closest center with open seats is an hour away.

Comment

• I know several people who have asked this question related to the background portion so i apologize for the inconvenience but if I went thru the entire process with CBPO does the background portion move over with the BPA position? or they would have to conduct another one? because I know that the MHC told me that the background was good for 3 years but not sure if it's just for the CBPO position or it could be use for the BPA position. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                        I know several people who have asked this question related to the background portion so i apologize for the inconvenience but if I went thru the entire process with CBPO does the background portion move over with the BPA position? or they would have to conduct another one? because I know that the MHC told me that the background was good for 3 years but not sure if it's just for the CBPO position or it could be use for the BPA position. Thanks in advance.
                        it transfers between ofo and obp. that's the only place. like ive said before any other clearance or BI from another agency will not transfer, no matter how big or significant it is
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          it transfers between ofo and obp. that's the only place. like ive said before any other clearance or BI from another agency will not transfer, no matter how big or significant it is
                          appreciate it man!

Comment

• Taking the exam on Monday.
                            CBPO: GS-5
                            Geo: SW
                            Tested: Sep '13
                            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                              Taking the exam on Monday.
                              Good luck! I took mine this past Monday, December 1st. I don't think I did very well... I couldn't concentrate. The guy mashing his keyboard in front of me and the people talking loudly in the hallway didn't help. The noise canceling headphones are junk.

Comment

• Did you get your scores yet? I just took my today and they said scores would be sent out within 2 days.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5418 users online. 181 members and 5237 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X