Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
    Yes via email.
    Can I ask what your last name is..? I'm trying to figure out if they are sending out invites by last name or if its by when you applied.

V/R
    "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
      Can I ask what your last name is..? I'm trying to figure out if they are sending out invites by last name or if its by when you applied.

V/R
      Mayo and I applied on October 20th.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            Because I'm over 40 and halfway towards my pension. I've applied with many other fed LE jobs but I don't have vet pts. Its a problem if you don't have vet pts to get the jobs I want. But hey guys, don't worry about me. Do what you want and go for it. Good luck to you. You have been warned.
            Thank you for your honest opinion, I greatly appreciate it.

V/R

Comment

• In the early to late 90s the job was not bad depending on the sector, I hear now it really sucks miss it but glad I'm not with them anymore

Comment

• 15-1 Testing

IMPORTANT DATES

Scheduling begins on 11/24/2014 - through 12/18/2014 Note: The scheduling period will end at 11:59 pm EST on 12/18/2014
                Testing - 12/01/2014 - 12/19/2014
                CBPO

14-1
                Geo: SWB
                CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                NOR: 07/14/14
                TSL: 08/01/14
                Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                Poly 1: 11/13/14
                Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                Geo: Arizona
                BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  If you are looking for some honest advice, find some good local departments in areas that you would like to live and apply. Forget about the Patrol. Our management is the absolute worst in the government. They only care about their bonus check. Nobody wants us to do our job, especially our management. They are always worried we are going to **** somebody off by doing our job. Worried it might hurt their next bonus check and/or promotion. And heaven forbid if you have to use force now. You could be getting biblical stoned by ten bodies with basketball sized rocks from the south side and IA will crawl up your *** for years trying to prosecute you or get you fired if you use force. Just so they job can look good for the ACLU. This job has become awful. I cannot stress this enough. This job is a dead end with no career path whatsoever. You will never get a good transfer. You will most likely be stuck in third world sheethole border towns for years and years. In some of these places everyone hates your guts. And not just your guts but your wife and kids guts as well. And they are not quiet about it either. Places where the education and healthcare are third world. Look elsewhere because this job is a dead end.
                  Morale is down everywhere, and to make matters worse, apprehensions and arrests are down as well. The job still pays well, but it is hard for me to recommend this job to anyone who is looking for anything more than just a paycheck.

I'm not satisfied in this job, and I have been unsuccessful finding work elsewhere in an investigative role. So for now I go out and do the boring repetitive work of a PA and go home every night and focus on my life outside of work.
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
                    I was a little worried when I read SHUs response. But my question to him is, why is he still in the same job since 2008 if its that bad...?
                    I can tell you now that I personally have applied to dozens of 1811 announcements over the last 5 years and have had no luck. In those years many agencies had hiring freezes, huge cutbacks, and even limited all hiring to veterans. Hiring for 1811 positions became extremely competitive, meaning that a guy like me with an MBA, fluent in Spanish, and years in the BP couldn't compete.
                    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Hey fellas I applied on Oct. 26th and haven't heard anything yet. Any idea if I or anyone else still waiting will hear something soon?
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Hey folks i just submit my e-qip and i forget to signed the release documents. What should i do? Do i have to contact to OPM OR CBP to fix that problem? If you know the contact number would be greatly appreciated. This is for BPA position. Thanks

Comment

• In the early 90's, INS had roughly 4000 Border Patrol Agents. In 2003, CBP inherited roughly 10,500 Agents. Today there are well over 21,000 BPAs. within CBP. In other words, in the last 11 years CBP oversaw more growth within Border Patrol than what their entire previous 60 year history held.

There's a lot of people agency-wide who owe their positions to CBP. ..if nothing else.

Comment

• Right now the CBPO position is going through a big hiring push, going from about 20,000 officers to about 25,000 officers. That is a pretty large increase in size as well. I highly recommend that people apply for that position.

Comment

• I applied on the 26th as well, and still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgrv23492 View Post
                                Hey fellas I applied on Oct. 26th and haven't heard anything yet. Any idea if I or anyone else still waiting will hear something soon?
                                Thanks.
                                Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
                                I applied on the 26th as well, and still haven't heard anything.
                                lol it's been like 3 weeks. if that 3 weeks seemed like a long time to you and longer than it should have been, you're in for a bad surprise on how slow the process moves.

i think it took me 3 months to hear back from customs OFO in their last 14-2 vacancy i applied too. that was for the email to even schedule the test.
                                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8704 users online. 395 members and 8309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X