Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the fitness test like?
    It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
      What's the fitness test like?
      The fitness test currently used is different from the one I took.

      As I'm not 100% certain on it, try researching here:

      www.honorfirst.com

      Beware: The rules on the forum are rigidly enforced.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
        What's the fitness test like?
        In case you do not know, the fitness test is 20 push-ups in 1 minute, 25 sit-ups in 1 minute, and going up and down a 12" step for 5 minutes at 120 steps per minute. You should have about 3 minutes of rest between each portion.

        I suggest you start preparing today. Make sure you try to simulate the real test on your own, i.e. perform each section one after another with a 3 minute break between each. Some say the test was easy. However, I was not in decent shape so I failed the first time. I am waiting to take it again. I will let you know how it goes.
        BPA Status
        TSU: 04/24/09
        EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
        Resigned: 10/28/09
        Reapplied: 07/29/11
        NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
        TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
        PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
        Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

        CBPO Status
        Applied: 06/24/11
        Written: 07/21/11
        NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Section8 View Post
          In case you do not know, the fitness test is 20 push-ups in 1 minute, 25 sit-ups in 1 minute, and going up and down a 12" step for 5 minutes at 120 steps per minute. You should have about 3 minutes of rest between each portion.

          I suggest you start preparing today. Make sure you try to simulate the real test on your own, i.e. perform each section one after another with a 3 minute break between each. Some say the test was easy. However, I was not in decent shape so I failed the first time. I am waiting to take it again. I will let you know how it goes.
          How long did you have to wait to reactivate?

          And did you wait the exact amount of time, or did you call to reactivate a week before you were supposed to?

          For example say you had to wait 2 months to react, and you missed the fitness on 09/02 did you wait exactly until 11/02 to call for reactivation or did you call say 10/25 or something?
          BPA:
          Written Test: Passed (97%)
          Reactivated Feb 09
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
          Medical Exam: Completed
          Drug Test: Completed
          Fitness: Completed
          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
          Background Investigation: Completed


          IEA ICE
          Written Test: Passed (80% )
          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
            How long did you have to wait to reactivate?

            And did you wait the exact amount of time, or did you call to reactivate a week before you were supposed to?

            For example say you had to wait 2 months to react, and you missed the fitness on 09/02 did you wait exactly until 11/02 to call for reactivation or did you call say 10/25 or something?
            If they told you to wait a certain amount of time, then you have to wait a certain amount of time.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
              How long did you have to wait to reactivate?
              I wasn't told I had to wait a certain amount of time. I was told I could reactivate whenever I felt ready to take the test.
              BPA Status
              TSU: 04/24/09
              EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
              Resigned: 10/28/09
              Reapplied: 07/29/11
              NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
              TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
              PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
              Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

              CBPO Status
              Applied: 06/24/11
              Written: 07/21/11
              NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                I wasn't told I had to wait a certain amount of time. I was told I could reactivate whenever I felt ready to take the test.
                Ok Thank You
                BPA:
                Written Test: Passed (97%)
                Reactivated Feb 09
                Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                Medical Exam: Completed
                Drug Test: Completed
                Fitness: Completed
                Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                Background Investigation: Completed


                IEA ICE
                Written Test: Passed (80% )
                Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                Comment


                • well to update i got my NOR this week. i passed the written and i guess by what i read now i have to wait for a date on the oral and the rest of the process? also on that handout that they sent with the NOR it said that illegal drug use is a DQ, do they mean ANY drug use or anything other then expiremental? well eitehr way i am happy that i passed the test and moving on hopefully i will see some of you soon in AZ or in the feild. oh one more question, which region has better weather(by better i mean cooler) south texas or west texas? also the pros and cons of these two areas. i originally picked south but i'm think of changing to west texas.

                  Comment


                  • Graduation

                    I just graduated the Academy today and it is a great feeling. Now just 2 more months of Spanish and I'll be 10-8.
                    For all of you hopefuls I wish you luck and keep at it. It's a hard road, but well worth it.
                    USSCP
                    Faxed App 7/28/10
                    Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                    Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                      I just graduated the Academy today and it is a great feeling. Now just 2 more months of Spanish and I'll be 10-8.
                      For all of you hopefuls I wish you luck and keep at it. It's a hard road, but well worth it.
                      I thought the academy was a 19-week course? Was the academy shortened?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                        I thought the academy was a 19-week course? Was the academy shortened?
                        he may just be referring to the 55 day portion. there is still a 40 day (or 45) for non spanish speakers to attend. the people who can already speak fluent spanish go on to their duty station after 55 days.
                        BPA - Pending BI
                        Two local depts. - Pending BI

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                          I thought the academy was a 19-week course? Was the academy shortened?
                          You've been out of the loop... It was cut to about 17 weeks in the later months of 2006. It is currently a 55/40 day academy. Feel free to read up on CBP.gov or on HonorFirst for more info on that.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                            I just graduated the Academy today and it is a great feeling.
                            CONGRATULATIONS!!!

                            I wish I could have been there with you. I wish you luck with the Spanish training.
                            BPA Status
                            TSU: 04/24/09
                            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                            Resigned: 10/28/09
                            Reapplied: 07/29/11
                            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

                            CBPO Status
                            Applied: 06/24/11
                            Written: 07/21/11
                            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

                            Comment


                            • MERRY CHRISTMAS to all
                              BPA Status
                              TSU: 04/24/09
                              EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                              Resigned: 10/28/09
                              Reapplied: 07/29/11
                              NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                              TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                              PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                              Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

                              CBPO Status
                              Applied: 06/24/11
                              Written: 07/21/11
                              NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

                              Comment


                              • I applied yesterday, and am scheduled for Compressed Testing on Jan 17th in Orlando.

                                Hope everything moves along quick. In the meantime, I'm preparing myself to get in better shape for FLETC.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5148 users online. 403 members and 4745 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X