Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i doubt it. why would they drop quality standards on probably the most important step of the process? instead, they would loosen the requirements to take in more applicants to begin with.

if youre already worried about it and continue to, it will be a problem for you.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
      Must be nice. 2000 new hires. No pay cut on the board for them. Open lateral transfer to other stations a few months ago. Straight up overtime. Sounds like they're living the dream!!

FWIW, the Agency has been cutting away at OFO overtime for years. Those 2000 new hires will come in, create less OT and spread what's left thinner as well.

As far as laterals go...yeah, they exist and yeah, they work for some people. Still, overall it's a rather poor system that really does nothing for the average CBPO.

Comment

• New vacancy announcement just opened for border patrol agent. SW border of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilotman View Post
          New vacancy announcement just opened for border patrol agent. SW border of course.
          No California this time...that sux!

Comment

• For those individuals who want to take a practice test, here is a link.

https://usahire.opm.gov/assess/pretest/bpa/landing
            "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

Comment

• Hello Everyone. I am new to the thread and have not read much as of yet. I will however be reading ALL 335 pages to this thread. To start off I would like to say good luck to everyone in the process or those who are (just like me) new applicants to the recent announcement for BPA. Below is my timeline, which I will update as I move forward in the process. Oh and thank you in advance for all the information you have and will provide. I am certain it will be very useful.

GEO: South Texas
              Border Patrol Agent- application- 10/20/2014
              Written exam: ?
              N.O.R.S.: ?
              Uploaded docs: ?
              TSL1: ?
              OB Interview: ?
              TSL2 e-QIP: ?
              Polygraph: ?
              BI: ?
              PFT: ?
              PFT 2: ?
              Offer: ?

Thank you CooperTSB for the timeline format
              Military Police Regular Army '09-'12 Reserve from '12-current

Comment

• I applied for the 15-1 announcement on 10/20/2014; geographical location is Arizona.

Comment

• Soooooooooo....

Im not sure that reading the whole thread is going to be too benificial. I am sure there is VERY reliable and helpful information going back to the beginning but I have been reading for an hour and I am only on posts from 2008. Any suggestions on where I should start or should I just continue from where I am?

Comment

• Did any body receive anything regarding the test?

Comment

• Havent gotten anything yet... :/
                      The usajobs posting said that testing will begin within the first 3 weeks of December. Its just a waiting game now.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything as of yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
                          Havent gotten anything yet... :/
                          The usajobs posting said that testing will begin within the first 3 weeks of December. Its just a waiting game now.
                          I do remember seeing something about that now. We are in for a long one if it is going to be anything like the previous years.

Comment

• There is a Veterans Hiring Event next Wednesday that I will be going to. There should be a Customs and Border Protection Recruiter there (according to their flyer). Please shoot all questions to me and I can ask him/her for you guys.

Comment

• I highly suggest taking the sample test on the OPM site. Here is the link https://usahire.opm.gov/assess/pretest/bpa/landing
                              Last edited by MP to LEO; 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM. Reason: Disregarded question

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12681 users online. 499 members and 12182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X