300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    I saw that. At least they won't need role players haha. They should use them, and since the aliens have no clue what's going on and neither do the trainees, it would create real world scenario training ha.
    I second this, lol!

also, update to hiring status:

BPA
    Geo: California
    Exam: 9/18/13 (98, no vet)
    NORs: 9/25/13
    TSL: 6/9/14
    SI: 8/5/14
    Last edited by Corio92; 06-26-2014, 06:41 PM. Reason: add hiring info

Comment

• DRUG QUESTION:

I am planing on applying for BP in September, during the next announcement. My question to you guys who recently filled out background packets. Are they asking for any drug use or drug use within the past 7 or 10 years?

Reason I ask is because I tried marijuana on 3 different occasions druing the time of February 2002-March 2002. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time applying. Marijuana is the only drug I have experimented with.
      Last edited by jl692013; 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM. Reason: typo on years

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
        DRUG QUESTION:

I am planing on applying for BP in September, during the next announcement. My question to you guys who recently filled out background packets. Are they asking for any drug use or drug use within the past 7 or 10 years?

Reason I ask is because I tried marijuana on 3 different occasions druing the time of February 2002-March 2012. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time applying. Marijuana is the only drug I have experimented with.
        In the background packet they ask for the past 7 years...so you should disclose that information. Don't really know how this can hurt your chances being that the last time was not too long ago, but as long as your honest about it it shouldn't be a problem...

Comment

• Crap.......I mean February 2002- March 2002.....being this is more than 7 years ago, would you still put it down?

Comment

• Updating my process! Moving along quickly, hope it doesn't slow down after interview!

C.B.P. application- 2/20/2013
            Written exam - 3/20/2013
            N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2014
            TSL - 6/9/2014
            SI- 7/22/2014
            Polygraph??
            BI??
            PFT 1??
            PFT 2??
            Offer??
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• For those of you thinking of applying or currently in the hiring process, please take a long hard look at Border Patrol and what you want to achieve for your career. We are all over the news right now, whether it's the children thing or pay reform. I know this will fall on deaf ears for some of you who just really want this job, but please make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. I have only been with BP for 5+ years, and it has changed dramatically since I first got in...and not necessarily for the better. I will refrain from going on a rant about all that is wrong with BP, I just want to emphasize how important it is to know what you are getting into...especially with this job and the current "climate". If you have specific questions that are NOT opsec, I will answer them to help build an accurate picture of what the job is like.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
                For those of you thinking of applying or currently in the hiring process, please take a long hard look at Border Patrol and what you want to achieve for your career. We are all over the news right now, whether it's the children thing or pay reform. I know this will fall on deaf ears for some of you who just really want this job, but please make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. I have only been with BP for 5+ years, and it has changed dramatically since I first got in...and not necessarily for the better. I will refrain from going on a rant about all that is wrong with BP, I just want to emphasize how important it is to know what you are getting into...especially with this job and the current "climate". If you have specific questions that are NOT opsec, I will answer them to help build an accurate picture of what the job is like.
                These things have been taken into consideration, but what applicants and the ones cautioning the applicants must realize is that this process takes very long, and hopefully the state of the Border Patrol Agent occupation will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by CooperTSB View Post
                  Updating my process! Moving along quickly, hope it doesn't slow down after interview!

C.B.P. application- 2/20/2013
                  Written exam - 3/20/2013
                  N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2014
                  TSL - 6/9/2014
                  SI- 7/22/2014
                  Polygraph??
                  BI??
                  PFT 1??
                  PFT 2??
                  Offer??
                  What Geo did you apply to? And also, this is for Border Patrol Agent and not CBP officer, correct? What were your exam results?

Comment

• Originally posted by Corio92 View Post
                    What Geo did you apply to? And also, this is for Border Patrol Agent and not CBP officer, correct? What were your exam results?
                    the geographic region you apply to has no effect on your timeline, because the geographic region you apply to has 0% relevance to your application or where you actually end up
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

and hopefully the state of the Border Patrol Agent occupation will change.
                      Wishful thinking. In my 11yrs the job keeps going down hill, so sad. It use to be a great job, and fun too

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                        Crap.......I mean February 2002- March 2002.....being this is more than 7 years ago, would you still put it down?
                        ohh ok, well if it was more than 7 years ago than there is no reason to put it down...read the questions carefully before you answer...

Comment

• Applied back in August 2010, cleared polygraph in February2014, still haven't heard ****. So, strap down for a long wait.

Comment

• You should still include it in the miscellaneous portion.

Comment

These things have been taken into consideration, but what applicants and the ones cautioning the applicants must realize is that this process takes very long, and hopefully the state of the Border Patrol Agent occupation will change.
                              Won't happen. The state of the Border Patrol and the political environment does not magically change overnight. As diverB72 stated, BP has been going downhill for quite a while, way before I got in. Fed jobs get worst much faster and easier than they get better. A small "good change" takes years and years in these jobs. The fact that you are hoping it'll change by the time you join is quite naive in all honesty. If you want to do this job no matter what, then awesome, BP needs guys/gals like you. But, do not join thinking it's going to get better anytime soon. All you have to do is read the news...we are housing illegal immigrants at our ACADEMY.

ALL I am advocating, is do some research into this job...real research. It's pretty easy to know what you are getting into with a job at say DEA or FBI. BP is a different animal than the "normal" federal law enforcement agencies. IF, after doing research and knowing what you want in a career, you still want BP...then please join. There are some awesome BPAs that I know, who will never leave this job because they love it so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
                                Won't happen. The state of the Border Patrol and the political environment does not magically change overnight. As diverB72 stated, BP has been going downhill for quite a while, way before I got in. Fed jobs get worst much faster and easier than they get better. A small "good change" takes years and years in these jobs. The fact that you are hoping it'll change by the time you join is quite naive in all honesty. If you want to do this job no matter what, then awesome, BP needs guys/gals like you. But, do not join thinking it's going to get better anytime soon. All you have to do is read the news...we are housing illegal immigrants at our ACADEMY.

ALL I am advocating, is do some research into this job...real research. It's pretty easy to know what you are getting into with a job at say DEA or FBI. BP is a different animal than the "normal" federal law enforcement agencies. IF, after doing research and knowing what you want in a career, you still want BP...then please join. There are some awesome BPAs that I know, who will never leave this job because they love it so much.
                                I have done research, and I have relatives in the BP that tell me what state it is in. I am aware that currently BPA is aka for a nanny. However, I am banking on the fact that by the time I would EOD, this position will not require a degree in diaper changing. You realize that the hiring process now takes 2+ years at best, so to say that I think the BPA occupation will change overnight is inaccurate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12674 users online. 498 members and 12176 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X