X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corio92 View Post
    How is this job now?

Morale? AUO? New immigration policies?
    My wife is a preschool teacher. I deal with more children each day than she does. I honestly don't even remember the last time I pushed footsign, but I am a fricken pro at preparing and serving release paperwork to Guatemalans. The entire nature of the job has morphed from enforcement to administration. We don't "catch" illegals anymore. They literally waive us down like they're hailing a cab. We give them a ride to the station, process their paperwork, and drop them off at Walmart. Oh, and they complain when they aren't released quickly enough.

Comment

• ^what he said. i would say it is at an all time low, probably the lowest it has ever been i would venture to guess. 13 days i didnt even hit the field, because we are overwhelmed by the families and kids. we are essentially armed daycare and armed bus drivers. i have been debating taking a 50% paycut to go work my hometown local PD back home.

but then theres days like i had monday, absolutely badass, chasing and tackling guides and smugglers. but it is overall a negative environment right now. but im a pretty optimistic person, so i take it for what it is, and am glad to have a good paying job. but it can be very disheartening. if youre lucky youll get hired for AZ, a lot of the classes at the academy have been hired for Ajo, Three Rivers (i think is the name), etc.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
        My wife is a preschool teacher. I deal with more children each day than she does. I honestly don't even remember the last time I pushed footsign, but I am a fricken pro at preparing and serving release paperwork to Guatemalans. The entire nature of the job has morphed from enforcement to administration. We don't "catch" illegals anymore. They literally waive us down like they're hailing a cab. We give them a ride to the station, process their paperwork, and drop them off at Walmart. Oh, and they complain when they aren't released quickly enough.
        Drop them off at a Walmart north of the border? Why are they being allowed to stream into America like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          if youre lucky youll get hired for AZ, a lot of the classes at the academy have been hired for Ajo, Three Rivers (i think is the name), etc.
          Meh, I expect this country to be in the toilet by the time I would EOD in three years more.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            thanks. and i applied for SD station. heard a lot of guys dont like it there anyways, not a lot of work due to the fortification of the border there
            what fortification of the border?

Comment

• I only joined this forum to research another agency, and when I saw this post I thought I would add my 2 cents. I've been with the USBP for 11yrs and the first few yrs it was a lot of fun and we actually prosecuted cases and the management backed the rank and file. Hummm not so much anymore.

Now with the Patrol and the US Gov. bending over at the waist of the illegal immigrants special interest groups and the current administration wanting to grant citizenship to the 11+ million aliens here, the job is just not rewarding or satisfying anymore, and in a lot of places its just plain boring and a joke. Many stations have returned to the old "Hold the Line" mentality where you sit in a static location for your entire 8hrs shift and we don't do any interior enforcement.

I had some really good years in the Patrol and met and worked with some of the best Agents you could ever want to meet, with AUO almost gone and no clear picture if it will be replaced with LEAP or "Pay Reform" its time for me to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                I only joined this forum to research another agency, and when I saw this post I thought I would add my 2 cents. I've been with the USBP for 11yrs and the first few yrs it was a lot of fun and we actually prosecuted cases and the management backed the rank and file. Hummm not so much anymore.

Now with the Patrol and the US Gov. bending over at the waist of the illegal immigrants special interest groups and the current administration wanting to grant citizenship to the 11+ million aliens here, the job is just not rewarding or satisfying anymore, and in a lot of places its just plain boring and a joke. Many stations have returned to the old "Hold the Line" mentality where you sit in a static location for your entire 8hrs shift and we don't do any interior enforcement.

I had some really good years in the Patrol and met and worked with some of the best Agents you could ever want to meet, with AUO almost gone and no clear picture if it will be replaced with LEAP or "Pay Reform" its time for me to move on.
                It's sad really.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    I think he believes SDC is all like IB with double fencing and razor wire. lol
                    pict49.jpg
                    well coming from the busiest sector and having exactly 0 feet of fence, zero flood lights and i think two cameras total in our AOR, that picture alone dwarfs our resources. id kill to have that crappy beach fence you have haha.

perspective is always relative

honor first

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        We don't work at the beach. We work in the mountains where we have no cameras, no flood lights but we do have a fence that 6 year olds can climb over or under.
                        Hell, the softest spot on the border are the POEs where we have the most infrastructure.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• 10247447_229342783933857_6866605562967401887_n.jpg
                            funniest thing ive seen so far today. comes at perfect timing with more talk about the pay reform act of 2013

honor first

Comment

• and here is just another reason why I'm trying to leave the Patrol. This is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25...atrol-academy/

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                                and here is just another reason why I'm trying to leave the Patrol. This is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25...atrol-academy/
                                I saw that. At least they won't need role players haha. They should use them, and since the aliens have no clue what's going on and neither do the trainees, it would create real world scenario training ha.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9996 users online. 478 members and 9518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X