• Show
Clear All

• Here's my time line:

C.B.P. application- 2/20/2013
    Written exam - 3/20/2013
    N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
    Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
    Tentative letter. - ??
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Originally posted by CooperTSB View Post
      Here's my time line:

Written exam - 3/20/2013
      N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
      Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
      Tentative letter. - ??
      I took my test in 2009, and just finished my polygraph....

Comment

Here's my time line:

Written exam - 3/20/2013
        N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
        Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
        Tentative letter. - ??
        I took my test in 2009, and just finished my polygraph....

Comment

• Originally posted by danheller88 View Post
          They told me I failed on spot. It took me about 2 months before I went back for another poly. Where did they send you to take yours? Just asking because I am in NY as well.
          Mine was in Buffalo - congrats on passing the second one. You should be on your way soon hopefully.

Comment

• Hello fellow applicants,

Well after years of hearing about this so-called "the call"... I finally got the call. Very excited and looking forward to this opportunity. I applied for this position in the Fall of 2010 and will be attending the next class in the beginning of May.

Comment

• wow ! Congrats! Looks like I have some waiting time ahead of me! Thank you!
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

Here's my time line:

Written exam - 3/20/2013
                N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
                Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
                Tentative letter. - ??
                Remember it's at least two years pretty much.

Take everythingyou read here with a grain of salt. I have been in a Very short period Of time so I can't comment on how things used to be but I can comment on how it is now for a new guy. I am at a very busy stations so there is plenty of work. Yes the new guys do a lot of processing which sucks and a lot of skybox duties, to keep in mind how much you are getting paid to do those mundane taskS. if you get hired at the lowest possible grade like I did you will be making $70,000 base in 3.5 years. with all the extra pay such as aUo (which is still here, and at 25% still, the max) that is close to 100 grand a year. I would do janitorial work at the station full time for that kind of pay.

living on the border isn't that great like someone said earlier if you're not from the border you won't like it that much. But I bought a house hereand I am committed to the area until I'm not for whatever reason. It isn't that bad at least for me, most of the guys in the patrol are awesome and give you a lot of advice and help. Very few are negative when it comes to answering questions. Everyone however will complain about the direction the patrol it going, & I don't blame them the stories from the that senior agent tell me make it sound like the job was a lot more fun with less restrictions on on day-to-day operations. But I don't live in a past I wasn't a part of.

I Am sitting in a skybox now. It's not that bad. yesterday I had 8 hours of unsupervised fun working with fellow agents and chasing groups while calling in to our helicopter unit flying twenty yards above my head. The job is fun and all I can say is it is exactly what you make of it and that depends on your attitude. There is a bunch of paperwork in the job and the more Fun you have the more paperwork you have.

but I would recommend The job to anyone looking to get into law enforcement. If you really want to get on with another agency almost all of them require at least one year federal. And you have to get that one year somewhere.

the only thing that I don't like about the job is the looming black cloud that if you mess up on duty most everyone will tell you that the patrol and cbp will hang you out to dry in terms of defending you legally and consequently financially from any legal proceedings. I've even heard stories of the patrol assisting the consulate from Mexico in prosecuting agents.

All in all I highly recommend it. if you have any questions feel free to private message me. sorry for any spelling errors or auto correct word errors my phone sucks

Edit: just looked over my post holy **** my voice to text function ****s half of what I said didn't come out right and the post has a lot of errors but it is close enough for you to get the idea
                Last edited by battlewagon; 04-26-2014, 02:49 PM.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• For any current employee with BP... Can anyone give some insight on working at either Laredo North or South Station?

Comment

• Originally posted by danheller88 View Post
                      Email.
                      I am another victim of the failure from an inconclusive polygraph. The email stated I have no rights to appeal. Is this just a "it is what it is" type of thing or can I dispute this as my examiner told me I didnt outright fail?
                      Geo- Northeast
                      CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                      NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
                      TSL - 12/16/13
                      PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
                      BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
                      VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
                      Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

Comment

• Originally posted by ne.fitness View Post
                        For any current employee with BP... Can anyone give some insight on working at either Laredo North or South Station?
                        South is the better choice. No checkpoint, more freedom.

Comment

• PM me ne.fitness. I have worked at both.

Comment

• PM sent... Thanks Liberty

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              This is true. The Patrol will turn its back on you real quick if the media portrays an FTY crash and Burn or an OIS in a negative light. I would not recommend anyone take this job anymore but if they do they damn well better have strong legal representation through NBPC/PORAC. Regardless of what you feel about the union you would have to be a fool to not have PORAC on this job. Some choose the FLEOA but that crap is second rate at best and it can take days to get an attorney through them. In the Patrol if the SHTF you are going to need a good lawyer right away and one your union dues pay for. You won't pay a dime for the lawyer no matter how many times you go to trial. PORAC covers you 24/7 nationwide.
                              I have professional liability insurance. The agency actually pays half the cost annually.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Do all new agents have to start on the southern border? Do any get to work the northern border?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8094 users online. 354 members and 7740 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X