300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 11BravoPopo View Post
    Which study guide should I purchase? I see that there are a few. Not sure which one is the best.
    I would not spend a lot of money on study guides. You can get the BPA study guide from the CBP website for free. You can also partially use the study guide from CBPO. Basically just focusing on logical reasoning and artificial language si es que no hablas espanol. Good luck, it can be a great high speed and exciting job if you make the best of it. A days work could be as extreme and exciting as assisting in a FTY while heading to your AOR. This FTY then turns into a bailout. With the assistance of a Omaha, you and other Agents round up the bodies including the driver which thrilled the Agent that initiated the stop. Once finally arriving to your AOR, you check a "bug" that you heard taking hits during the FTY. You see that its good and track the group just a quarter mile north to find them huddled up under a mesquite tree taking a siesta. You get lucky this time and get 5 of 6. The guide was somewhere else and got away. Your fellow Agent finally gets there to help you hike the group out and even offers to transport the group for you. It's coming to the end of your shift and you start rolling out of your AOR when the camera operator sees several individuals jumping "the fence" with what appears to be large packs. Putting your four wheeling skills to the test, you cautiously respond with another Agent that was also rolling out of his AOR. After getting out on foot and just before arriving to the area where these individuals jumped the fence, you come across 3 large burlap bundles weighing 40 lbs each that you know isn't coffee. After just a few minutes of searching you put the puzzle together that the bundles were brought over by the same individuals the camera operator had observed. They had stashed the bundles and went back south over the fence while out of view of the operator. Your 10 hour day day turned into a 14 hour day but was well worth the excitement and you say to yourself "I cant believe I get paid for this". Not to burst your bubble though, other days you might get stuck on a hospital watch for 8 hours and hate life. If you're lucky, this hospital watch is your "Friday". Nonetheless, it's awesome!! Good luck to all.
    Last edited by CZ_Kid; 02-23-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BravoPopo View Post
      Which study guide should I purchase? I see that there are a few. Not sure which one is the best.
      Just use the free one from their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        I would not spend a lot of money on study guides. You can get the BPA study guide from the CBP website for free. You can also partially use the study guide from CBPO. Basically just focusing on logical reasoning and artificial language si es que no hablas espanol. Good luck, it can be a great high speed and exciting job if you make the best of it. A days work could be as extreme and exciting as assisting in a FTY while heading to your AOR. This FTY then turns into a bailout. With the assistance of a Omaha, you and other Agents round up the bodies including the driver which thrilled the Agent that initiated the stop. Once finally arriving to your AOR, you check a "bug" that you heard taking hits during the FTY. You see that its good and track the group just a quarter mile north to find them huddled up under a mesquite tree taking a siesta. You get lucky this time and get 5 of 6. The guide was somewhere else and got away. Your fellow Agent finally gets there to help you hike the group out and even offers to transport the group for you. It's coming to the end of your shift and you start rolling out of your AOR when the camera operator sees several individuals jumping "the fence" with what appears to be large packs. Putting your four wheeling skills to the test, you cautiously respond with another Agent that was also rolling out of his AOR. After getting out on foot and just before arriving to the area where these individuals jumped the fence, you come across 3 large burlap bundles weighing 40 lbs each that you know isn't coffee. After just a few minutes of searching you put the puzzle together that the bundles were brought over by the same individuals the camera operator had observed. They had stashed the bundles and went back south over the fence while out of view of the operator. Your 10 hour day day turned into a 14 hour day but was well worth the excitement and you say to yourself "I cant believe I get paid for this". Not to burst your bubble though, other days you might get stuck on a hospital watch for 8 hours and hate life. If your lucky, this hospital watch is your "Friday". Nonetheless, it's awesome!! Good luck to all.
        Or if you are at my station, and you spend all day standing at a checkpoint asking people if they are US citizens. Suddenly one responds that they are not a US citizen, they are in fact tourists from Germany who came to see the "Old West". After checking out their German passports, they smile happily as they drive away.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Haha, true... At least after stating they are not US citizens, they don't respond with "I'm Native American". But I'm sure you get that too and you understand what I'm talking about. Stay safe.

Comment

• I took the test last year still didnt get my scores. wth

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
              I took the test last year still didnt get my scores. wth
              Sent you a pm.

Comment

• Had a polygraph with CBP in January and failed. Was called back, and had another one today and passed. Keep your heads up guys and stay persistent!

Comment

• Originally posted by danheller88 View Post
                  Had a polygraph with CBP in January and failed. Was called back, and had another one today and passed. Keep your heads up guys and stay persistent!
                  Dan - Did they tell you that you failed the firsy poly right then and there? How long before you heard anything back about it? That's the boat that I'm currently in - he told me I failed, tried to get me to confess something for 45 minutes, then I left thinking I failed...

Comment

• Originally posted by JS13088 View Post
                    Dan - Did they tell you that you failed the firsy poly right then and there? How long before you heard anything back about it? That's the boat that I'm currently in - he told me I failed, tried to get me to confess something for 45 minutes, then I left thinking I failed...
                    They told me I failed on spot. It took me about 2 months before I went back for another poly. Where did they send you to take yours? Just asking because I am in NY as well.

Comment

• hello dan
                      I just recently took the polygraph test was also told that I have failed. I have never did drugs or anything that I was accused of. I still don't understand how this could of have happened to me. it seems like a big nightmare. Anyway, after they told you that you failed on the spot, did you take any action or did you just forget about cbp and they called you to take another polygraph?

Comment

They told me I failed on spot. It took me about 2 months before I went back for another poly. Where did they send you to take yours? Just asking because I am in NY as well.
                        hello dan
                        I just recently took the polygraph test was also told that I have failed. I have never did drugs or anything that I was accused of. I still don't understand how this could of have happened to me. it seems like a big nightmare. Anyway, after they told you that you failed on the spot, did you take any action or did you just forget about cbp and they called you to take another polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
                          hello dan
                          My examiner forwarded my paperwork to quality control for a review, and I was later contacted to re process.

Comment

My examiner forwarded my paperwork to quality control for a review, and I was later contacted to re process.
                            How did they contact you? mail, phone, or email?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
                              How did they contact you? mail, phone, or email?
                              Email.

Comment

• I applied last year in 2013, do you have to keep applying once you have reached a certain point, or do you just have to wait for the call????
                                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6687 users online. 352 members and 6335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X