300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
    Does BP use their own Poly's or do they reuse the one from the CBPO process? I took the poly for CBPO and was wondering if BP will reuse it or make me take a new one?
    I am pretty sure they are shared.

Comment

• Hello All,

BPA applicant here and slowly, but surely, moving through the process. I applied Fall 2010, tested Nov 2010, Panel September 2012, and just received a call to Poly this month. This is a long process. Do not put your eggs in one basket. When people say apply and forget... You really need to forget and eventually you will get calls to progress your way through the hiring process. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Scored a 96 on my exam in 2009. Passed my oral interview(on the canadian border), medical, physical. Went to DC for my polygraph, failed based on "hiding contacts with foreign nationals" and "divulging classified information." A lot of people who never have had a security clearance, such as myself, seem to fail on these questions.....

Comment

• any idea when the next exam will be?

Comment

• So finally took the polygraph. Passed it, everything is clear now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC0072 View Post
                Wow, sorry to hear about that, my 3 year mark from the original application will be August of 2014. February of 2014 will be just one year being in the BI process. Have you heard anything yet?
                just finished poly. Waiting for Cass to show all green checks. For those that just applied, buckle down this process can take a long time. I tested October 2010. Everything went quick until BI was sent to IA. It was sent July 2011. I was just contacted for poly last month. So, it took roughly 3yrs 4 months to complete everything. Just waiting for the call any year now lol

Comment

• Here is my timeline:

Written Exam: 10/13/2011
                  NOR's: 10/21/2011 (score: 73)
                  TSL: 02/04/2013
                  Health Screening: 12/06/2012
                  Oral Board Interview: 03/12/2013

...I turned my SF 86 and all other required paperwork ASAP, so I'm assuming I have been in BI for 12 months now? Haven't been called for Polly or drug yet, and that's all I have left to check off on CASS. How much longer should I expect it to take? Also, if I complete everything, how long until I get a job offer?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC0072 View Post
                    Here is my timeline:

Written Exam: 10/13/2011
                    NOR's: 10/21/2011 (score: 73)
                    TSL: 02/04/2013
                    Health Screening: 12/06/2012
                    Oral Board Interview: 03/12/2013

...I turned my SF 86 and all other required paperwork ASAP, so I'm assuming I have been in BI for 12 months now? Haven't been called for Polly or drug yet, and that's all I have left to check off on CASS. How much longer should I expect it to take? Also, if I complete everything, how long until I get a job offer?

Thanks.
                    Hard to say. I scored a 100 on the exam and am a 10pt vet, yet it still took forever. I knocked out everything except poly and BI within 3 months from taking the exam. So my guess is there is no method to the madness. My. 02 is carry on with your life. Eventually they'll call, that's what I told myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                      Hard to say. I scored a 100 on the exam and am a 10pt vet, yet it still took forever. I knocked out everything except poly and BI within 3 months from taking the exam. So my guess is there is no method to the madness. My. 02 is carry on with your life. Eventually they'll call, that's what I told myself.
                      Thanks for sharing. Yeah that's crazy that you had such a good score and they still took forever. They didn't want to accept my Reserve service for veterans points. I also have some friends who applied recently, got various scores, and all are already in background process, where I had to wait quite some time before I got a TSL. There really is no organization here. Seems like they are just drawing names out of a hat.

Oh well though, if I eventually get called it will have been well worth the wait, such a rewarding career.

Comment

• Questions guys. I am wanting to join the border patrol. I am 30 years-old and I am wanting to stop my clock. I was thinking that joining the BP was going to be my fastest way into Fed LE. However, from reading the forms it seems like the process to joining the BP has slowed down to a snails pace, what happened? The process use to move very fast and people would fly through the process.
                        The pain you endured yesterday and today makes for a great tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BravoPopo View Post
                          Questions guys. I am wanting to join the border patrol. I am 30 years-old and I am wanting to stop my clock. I was thinking that joining the BP was going to be my fastest way into Fed LE. However, from reading the forms it seems like the process to joining the BP has slowed down to a snails pace, what happened? The process use to move very fast and people would fly through the process.
                          A few years ago there was a big hiring push because the Border Patrol was required to grow it's ranks by several thousand agents. Now, the hiring push is over and, to make matters worse, the .gov is discovering that it really can't even afford all the new agents that were hired. So hiring now is to cover attrition at best and not much more than that.

Comment

• Thank you. Now it all make senses. Well, I guess I will put in for the next round of testing and just wait and see. Let things play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BravoPopo View Post
                              Thank you. Now it all make senses. Well, I guess I will put in for the next round of testing and just wait and see. Let things play out.
                              It certainly doesn't hurt to try, just don't expect it to happen overnight. And study for the test, your score determines your place in line.

Comment

• Which study guide should I purchase? I see that there are a few. Not sure which one is the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10080 users online. 501 members and 9579 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X