Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TXCountySheriff View Post
    I have so far passed everything and just waiting on the background to go through. But I was wondering, I am 20 years old so does that mean they are going to have to put me somewhere until I am 21, referring to duty weapons?
    The answer to your question is "No."

    You'll go to the Academy just like anyone else and when (if) you graduate, you'll be issued your pistol just like everyone else. The Patrol issues you ammo as well.

    I've seen Agents as young as 19. They couldn't legally purchase alchohol, but they could execute a warantless arrest. Nice.

    Comment


    • word of advice though. When i was in ART, we had a guy who was 19 and one who was 40 in our class The 40 year old was doing just as good in PT as the 19 year old was and damn, did the PT instructors rag on the young guy for that.

      Make sure you're in good shape if you're that young.

      just think, you could retire after 20 years of service by the time you are 39.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
        Ok, I'm looking over at all of the ALT material in the booklet and it's scaring the living crap out of me. It's confusing as ****!

        I understand that the vocabulary list and rules will be given. Will the examples under each rule be available too or are they eliminated during the test?
        Just make sure you study and do all of the practice tests in that packet the USBP sends you. I always hear alot of people talk about how easy the ALT was, but there was no way I would have passed it if I hadn't beforehand. if I had to estimate, I'd say that only 25-30% of the people who took the ALT at my testing site passed.

        I don't remember whether the examples are given or not, but when I took the test I felt that everything I needed was provided. The only problem I faced was finishing the ALT in time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
          just think, you could retire after 20 years of service by the time you are 39.
          My understanding is that he would have to have 25 years before being eligible to retire.

          Rather than trying to explain it, here's the link. http://www.honorfirst.com/fers.htm

          Comment


          • Yep, you're correct. I was mistaken. thanks for the correction.

            Comment


            • well i just took the test today and was suprised by the little amount of time given to complete the test. that being said i suggest that anyone with an upcoming test use the study gudie and a timer to try to work through the question in a timely manner. also if you don't speak, read, AND, write in spanish you should take the alt. the spanish test goes into detail of the gammar and sturcure of a sentence(difficult to say the least). unless you are good at that, take the alt. if you have any question send me a PM i'll do my best to help you out.

              Comment


              • Thanks a lot for the info and the advise. So far every PA I've talked to has had something to say about the PT in the academy so I'm taking all the advise I can.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TXCountySheriff View Post
                  Thanks a lot for the info and the advise. So far every PA I've talked to has had something to say about the PT in the academy so I'm taking all the advise I can.
                  when did you take the written? i took it on Dec 5 in Arlington...will be finishing my background packet over the weekend and mailing it out. Good luck to you.
                  BPA - Pending BI
                  Two local depts. - Pending BI

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by low_clazz View Post
                    when did you take the written? i took it on Dec 5 in Arlington...will be finishing my background packet over the weekend and mailing it out. Good luck to you.
                    I took the written in October. Then the Med/Phis in November then the interview was December. All I'm waiting for is the background investigator to contact me, I haven't heard anything from him. Good luck to you too.

                    Comment


                    • So i got a letter today saying i am Not Medically Cleared due to my hearing test results. I must retest with an audiologist and submit additional paperwork by Jan 19th.

                      Comment


                      • Hey guys, quick question:

                        The e-mail that I used during the first phase of the application process is currently invalid. Basically, the University which I attended deactivated my account because they thought I wouldn't be using it anymore.

                        Does the Border Patrol really use e-mail as means of communication. If so, how can I update my information to input a new one?

                        My test date is on the 29th of this month. Thanks!
                        United States Border Patrol
                        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                          Hey guys, quick question:

                          The e-mail that I used during the first phase of the application process is currently invalid. Basically, the University which I attended deactivated my account because they thought I wouldn't be using it anymore.

                          Does the Border Patrol really use e-mail as means of communication. If so, how can I update my information to input a new one?

                          My test date is on the 29th of this month. Thanks!
                          send them an email with your new account and identify yourself with your social and name. Be sure to get an email back confirming this. Yes, email is important. It makes it easy for the people there AND you to communicate about issues that might come up, and cuts down the time they have to spend explaining stuff over the phone.


                          I got the call Yesterday, EOD Jan 8th and Academy for Jan 12th for Indio, CA.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                          "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            send them an email with your new account and identify yourself with your social and name. Be sure to get an email back confirming this. Yes, email is important. It makes it easy for the people there AND you to communicate about issues that might come up, and cuts down the time they have to spend explaining stuff over the phone.


                            I got the call Yesterday, EOD Jan 8th and Academy for Jan 12th for Indio, CA.
                            I guess I'll do this after I pass my compressed test. Where can I find the e-mail address? Thanks.
                            United States Border Patrol
                            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

                            Comment


                            • Hi guys-gals,

                              I've been reading through this thread and there is a lot of great information here.

                              I've decided to take the Border Patrol exam in January.

                              I just have a couple of questions...

                              How are California duty stations looking right now? Or Arizona? Do they give you an opportunity to list some stations you are interested in?

                              Also, I lived with two roommates from 2004-2005. We were in college and we all parted on good terms. Since then I haven't heard from any of them and I recently started to try and get in touch with them (tried researching their parents, siblings, etc) but have had no luck. All their info I had on them has expired. - - Will I need their info for the Background Investigation? I thought I'd ask, because if I do I won't apply until I have all the required information/documents.

                              Anyways, thanks for the information!

                              Good Luck to all of you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AirSahara View Post
                                I've decided to take the Border Patrol exam in January.

                                Do they give you an opportunity to list some stations you are interested in?

                                Will I need their info for the Background Investigation?
                                Congratulations on deciding to take the test.

                                You will not be permitted to list stations you want. You will only be able to pick California, Arizona, NM/West Texas, or South Texas. If you are offered a position, it should be within the area you selected.

                                As for your background investigation, provide the most current information you have. If you have their current information, then it will be that much easier for your investigator. If you only have their information from college, then that is better than nothing.

                                Good luck
                                BPA Status
                                TSU: 04/24/09
                                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                                Resigned: 10/28/09
                                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

                                CBPO Status
                                Applied: 06/24/11
                                Written: 07/21/11
                                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7870 users online. 409 members and 7461 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X