Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco - Sounds like fun, minus the diseases.. thanks for the info

Comment

• Have anyone heard or have received a TSL for scoring in the mid 80's to mid 70's range on the exam? Thanks.

Comment

• Tsu offer

I was offered Nogales or Ajo, Arizona this morning with an academy date of December. Anyone else been offered anything else recently? Also, I'm not going to take either of these locations. They said I could defer for 30 days and might get a shot at another location... That's why I'm asking about where others have been offered.

On a side note, are BPAs still receiving AUO? Heard that it was in the process of being taken a while ago.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
          I was offered Nogales or Ajo, Arizona this morning with an academy date of December. Anyone else been offered anything else recently? Also, I'm not going to take either of these locations. They said I could defer for 30 days and might get a shot at another location... That's why I'm asking about where others have been offered.

On a side note, are BPAs still receiving AUO? Heard that it was in the process of being taken a while ago.

Nogales is the better location, but I understand why you are waiting. I assume you are trying to get California?
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post

Nogales would definitely be the better choice, hands down. As far as AUO, we're still getting it for now. I've heard that some stations have been "managed" down to 20%, but my station hasn't dealt with anything like that so far.

Comment

• No, I just have personal stuff that won't allow me to move at the moment. Plus I work for a local LE agency that I'm happy with. I guess it would have made it more tempting if they offered San Diego or similar. That AUO thing is a big deal too.

Comment

• Should I contact anyone? I took the test in February of 2013 and scored a 92 and even set my preference to Ne Mexico (figured it would be the least popular one). I uploaded all of the needed documents months ago when required and have not heard ANYTHING since getting my test score. Is there something I can do to "see where I am at" and get an interview?

Comment

• You can call the MHC. I don't think it matters which preference you chose, if they need you they will call you.

Comment

• I have a question regarding GS-5. I am a bit confused whether I qualify for GS-5.

I have 89.5 Semester Units at community college
                    Earned my Associates degree

I've been a volunteer at the local sheriffs department as Citizen On Patrol(similar to Auxiliary) for 1.5 years. I do a minimum of 8 hours a month sometimes more.

I worked at Staples Retail store for about 1.4 years doing around 15-30 hours a week (Part time) depending on the season. I left in good terms for the current job i have now.

I currently now work at a private prison as a correctional officer. I've been here a month now working full time with a lot of overtime.

I plan to apply to multiple law enforcement agencies next year. I've been looking into CBP and BPA, but i'm a bit confused if i meet GS-5.

If anyone could help me, i'd greatly appreciate it.
                    knowledge equals confidence

Comment

• It sounds like you definitely qualify for the GS-5, now all you have to do is wait till OBP or OFO are actually hiring.

Comment

• FINALLY got my interview in December after 9 months of waiting! I scored a 92 on the test/artificial language and qualify for a GS-7. We will see what happens.

Comment

• Good job guy! wear a suit and be yourself. Oral boards are lots of fun, not! just one of many obstacles to climb on the way to become a Border Patrol Agent. Get some!

Comment

• I have my oral board coming up in December also. Relatively quick turnaround for me. Tested a few months ago.

Comment

• Hello, I have a question if anyone can kindly shed some insight for me,

I originally applied for a position as a Border Patrol Agent (only having the option of selecting the south west region or the east) back in August of 2011 and passed "the test" October 21st 2011 with a score of 73. I received the tentative selection letter in late January 2013 and turned in everything requested of me. The only thing I have yet to have marked "completed" on the CASS website is the Background investigation and drug screening....

How long does the Background process really take? I have only submitted the SF-86 so far, nothing else happened regarding the BI.

Also, what else can I expect in the BI process? what kind of questions (if allowed to disclose) will they ask on the polly?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                                Well, I hit the 3yr mark on August 30th. My BI has been in the security office for 2yrs and 3months. Its probably propping up some fat secretary's desk . Lets see when I get the call for the voodoo science test. I cant reach IA, so ill continue to email the main applicant email.
                                Wow, sorry to hear about that, my 3 year mark from the original application will be August of 2014. February of 2014 will be just one year being in the BI process. Have you heard anything yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9261 users online. 431 members and 8830 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X