300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi SHU
    Well I have just over 1 year in green. I no longer have the (T) after BPA :-)
    While I was applying for CBPO they asked if I wanted to use my current BI and I choose YES.
    So you think that when the time comes they won't ask or make me take the poly?
    If you don't mind me asking where you read about current employees not having to take the poly.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cloudbuster; 09-21-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Well, I hit the 3yr mark on August 30th. My BI has been in the security office for 2yrs and 3months. Its probably propping up some fat secretary's desk . Lets see when I get the call for the voodoo science test. I cant reach IA, so ill continue to email the main applicant email.

Comment

• Since you have waited 3 yrs with no end in sight, do you think it has been worth it?

I'm sure some current and former BPA's will tell you it's not but then again what do I know.

Is the BP an agency worth waiting for?

Comment

• Thanks SHU!

Hangman:
            This is only my personal experience. It depends, on what you would ask well it all depend on the location that they would offer you. Now imagine driving about 3 to 4 hours to the nearest walmart I do miss walking around walmart sometimes.
            Not having a 24hour medical clinic and such other stuff you have in big cities.
            If you don't mind living in cities with about 3k population or less then by all means it would be worth it.
            I seen some people leave is not easy on you or your family I mean Family.
            They suffer the most, no jobs for them so they stay at home all day there no entertainment for the kids. I definitely want out of here, but this is better than being unemployed.

Say goodbye to your favorite fast food, and say viva Mexico you will have tacos and burritos of every type and size.

If you have any other question ask right away.
            I don't mean to discourage you I'm just being as real as I can you don't think about this during the hiring process. At least you be ready to live in the Mexico of USA, some cities look like they belong to Mexico.

Comment

• @CriticalOperator: I am also about to hit the 3 year mark in November. Everything went so fast at the beginning and since then my BI has been on the security desk for 2 years and 3 months. Glad to see I am not the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                Thanks SHU!

Hangman:
                This is only my personal experience. It depends, on what you would ask well it all depend on the location that they would offer you. Now imagine driving about 3 to 4 hours to the nearest walmart I do miss walking around walmart sometimes.
                Not having a 24hour medical clinic and such other stuff you have in big cities.
                If you don't mind living in cities with about 3k population or less then by all means it would be worth it.
                I seen some people leave is not easy on you or your family I mean Family.
                They suffer the most, no jobs for them so they stay at home all day there no entertainment for the kids. I definitely want out of here, but this is better than being unemployed.

Say goodbye to your favorite fast food, and say viva Mexico you will have tacos and burritos of every type and size.

If you have any other question ask right away.
                I don't mean to discourage you I'm just being as real as I can you don't think about this during the hiring process. At least you be ready to live in the Mexico of USA, some cities look like they belong to Mexico.
                Luckily for me I got one of the better stations where the nearest wal-mart is only 35 miles away.....lol
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Can someone tell me how the PFT2 is conducted. Specifically the 220 yard run. Is it a straight 220 yard sprint or is it a course with cones that must be circled and then repeated. Also do you start from a lying position or do you start standing? Just want to make sure that I am training for it correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmpdhopeful View Post
                    Can someone tell me how the PFT2 is conducted. Specifically the 220 yard run. Is it a straight 220 yard sprint or is it a course with cones that must be circled and then repeated. Also do you start from a lying position or do you start standing? Just want to make sure that I am training for it correctly.
                    It's a sprint, no cones.
                    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• ok so really just a jog then. Not exactly a sprint considering the time that we are given to complete it.

Comment

ok so really just a jog then. Not exactly a sprint considering the time that we are given to complete it.
                        No, it is a sprint. That time you quoted is the bare minimum, and if doing the bare minimum is satisfactory to you, this job might be a good fit

Comment

• 71 badge and gun, lol.

Comment

• what does that mean?

Comment

• ugh I never got my score

Comment

what does that mean?
                                It means that Border Patrol is filled with people with that attitude of doing as little as possible to succeed and collecting a check. I would discourage people with that attitude, but the truth is that they outnumber the hard workers in this agency, and many of them are my bosses. So they must be doing something right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7758 users online. 395 members and 7363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X