Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Hello all,

Question: will CHS (Comprehensive Health Services?) continue to call to schedule drug screening and what not even after the hiring process has been supposedly stopped?

I received a phone call today saying I needed to come in for my drug screening for DHS, I haven't heard anything from CBP since after my polygraph exam.

Is this normal? Am I still in the hiring process or is this just a glitch?
      BPA
      App Date: 09/03/2011
      Exam Date: 11/21/2011
      GEO: San Diego
      TSL: 05/30/2012
      PFT1: Passed
      Med: Passed
      TSL2: 08/17/12
      OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
      Drug Screening: Passed
      Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
        Hello all,

Question: will CHS (Comprehensive Health Services?) continue to call to schedule drug screening and what not even after the hiring process has been supposedly stopped?

I received a phone call today saying I needed to come in for my drug screening for DHS, I haven't heard anything from CBP since after my polygraph exam.

Is this normal? Am I still in the hiring process or is this just a glitch?
        I'm confused. In your signature you says you've passed your drug screening. Typo?

Comment

• Sorry about that, I had initially been scheduled for a drug screening when I created that signature, it was postponed due to some storm and the kit DHS sends was never received. I had updated that in anticipation because I knew that I wouldn't be failing any drug tests (I'm a teacher...pretty much as squeaky clean as you get).
          BPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
            Sorry about that, I had initially been scheduled for a drug screening when I created that signature, it was postponed due to some storm and the kit DHS sends was never received. I had updated that in anticipation because I knew that I wouldn't be failing any drug tests (I'm a teacher...pretty much as squeaky clean as you get).
            Gotcha. No need to apologize or anything, I was just confused and thought maybe you were listing your progress for more than one hiring process or something. Anyway, I would just go ahead and get the drug screening scheduled and done regardless of whatever else has happened. The hiring process isn't really an exact science. A buddy of mine failed his eye exam. He was told to retest with his own doctor, and he failed the retest. He called MHC and told them that he failed the retest, and they said that the system showed that he passed the original test. He explained that he didn't pass, and they pretty much said that the glitch worked out in his favor and to not worry about it.

Comment

• From my experience thus far with this process, it's a total cluster haha.

I made it to my drug screening this afternoon, all went well. I have no doubts at all about passing so I guess this checks off one more thing on CASS.
              BPA

Comment

• Got called to take a polygraph for the second time. To be honest I am slightly insulted.

I have just started training as a deputy and I've been a reserve for over a year and a half. However your examiners think I was using "countermeasures" and have stated I "did not quite pass quality control," So I will have to retake it?

I told them I would have to call after training but I am starting to think I should just withdraw my app. Between the second taking and hearing about US BP's problems, I don't know if it is worth it. Plus this new job has more advancement than I can dream of so what is to entice me now?

I realize my post seems selfish and very "hand me this job on a platter" but my point is is that I clearly am not a cartel member or bad person. Furthermore I can pass a background if Border Patrol ever decides to do one.

And no I was not using countermeasures or being dishonest. Nor am I expecting a pass because I am now a LEO. I am simply stating that a department needs to do an honest to God background investigation instead of doing the cop out polygraph route.

/rantover
                Last edited by Melson; 09-12-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• It's fine to not like the polygraph or not believe in its application or use, but you shouldn't take it personally, nor should you let it influence your opinion of the Border Patrol.

With that said, no BPA will ever blame someone for deciding not to join the Patrol.

Comment

• Yes I suppose I did take it as a personal insult.

Point taken.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melson View Post
                        Yes I suppose I did take it as a personal insult.

Point taken.
                        Take it from SHU and if you do decide to stay in the process and make it out of the Academy you can probably kiss AUO bye bye by the time you hit your first duty station. Not trying to discourage anyone but the big "G" bank account is running on fumes. Good luck either way and I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Long time lurker here. I just got my NOR today..86. I thought I did much better. Oh well

Comment

• Thanks for the input SHU.

I think a lot of applicants have a romanticized view of this job and it was disappointing hearing that I had to take the poly again. I have done so well at other agencies in terms of background/processes that it left me scratching my head.

I think I made up my mind in regards to what I am going to do.

Comment

• Congrats wolfpack, a pass is a pass. keep working out and running every day, you never know how fast or slow this hiring process might go. As far as the Patrol goes, as SHU said the AUO situation sucks. As far as work goes, I love what I do and would recommend you give the hiring process 100% of your abilities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8175 users online. 184 members and 7991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X