X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Longrnge
    Forum Member
    • May 2013

Originally posted by SeaSpider
    Means after you complete all the steps in the hiring process and are referred to the training and scheduling unit aka TSU.
    That's actually not what it means. The tentative selection letter is the age cutoff. They have had trainees at the academy with not military or federal service prior who are over the age of 40. They allow them to work a couple years past 60 to get their 20yrs for retirement. As long as you have a TSL, you are g2g providing you pass everything.

Comment

• Mferrell
      Forum Member
      • May 2013

Hey whats going on everyone? Hope all is well. Question, so i'm looking over the package that I printed out when I first submitted my application. The biggest thing I was concerned about is that I don't know Spanish and that artificial language is horrible and i'm sitting here staring it looking at it saying to myself "I cant learn this because it doesn't make sense" lol any tips for the test? Only thing I see that could help me is my vet. preference and that's only what 5 points? lol. Any Advice would be great. Thanks everyone have a happy friday.
      Dad i'll follow in your footsteps

Pittsburgh Boy

Comment

• SeaSpider
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Longrnge
        That's actually not what it means. The tentative selection letter is the age cutoff. They have had trainees at the academy with not military or federal service prior who are over the age of 40. They allow them to work a couple years past 60 to get their 20yrs for retirement. As long as you have a TSL, you are g2g providing you pass everything.
        I stand corrected! Sorry Josssv for the misguiding info, and thanks Longrnge for correcting me.
        BPA
        Application Date: 09/11/2011
        Examination Date: 11/18/2011
        NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
        TSL: 04/05/2012
        PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
        Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
        SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
        EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
        BI: Clear
        PFT2: ?
        EOD?

Comment

• SeaSpider
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mferrell
          Hey whats going on everyone? Hope all is well. Question, so i'm looking over the package that I printed out when I first submitted my application. The biggest thing I was concerned about is that I don't know Spanish and that artificial language is horrible and i'm sitting here staring it looking at it saying to myself "I cant learn this because it doesn't make sense" lol any tips for the test? Only thing I see that could help me is my vet. preference and that's only what 5 points? lol. Any Advice would be great. Thanks everyone have a happy friday.
          With the artificial language you have to be careful. You don't want to "learn it" because it will be different on the test. You just want to get familiarized with the concept and be able to adopt to the pattern that is given to you on the test. Basically, don't memorize, just come up with a strategy. I hope this helps and I didn't confuse you.
          BPA
          Application Date: 09/11/2011
          Examination Date: 11/18/2011
          NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
          TSL: 04/05/2012
          PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
          Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
          SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
          EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
          BI: Clear
          PFT2: ?
          EOD?

Comment

• Longrnge
            Forum Member
            • May 2013

Originally posted by SeaSpider
            I stand corrected! Sorry Josssv for the misguiding info, and thanks Longrnge for correcting me.
            No sweat. The only reason I know is because it was recently talked about on another forum. Even a current agent or two thought one had to EOD by 40, until a couple agents reported people at the academy around age 43ish with no prior military or federal service.

A few other guys who are waiting on phone calls for EOD dates who have turned 40 or over during the process have been advised by MHC they are g2g, and will be allowed to work their full 20.

Comment

• CriticalOperator
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2013

Still waiting for my BI to get adjudicated. Was sent up to IA in July 2011.

Comment

• Longrnge
                Forum Member
                • May 2013

Originally posted by CriticalOperator
                Still waiting for my BI to get adjudicated. Was sent up to IA in July 2011.
                When was your polygraph?

Comment

• CriticalOperator
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2013

When was your polygraph?
                  Havent been contacted for it yet. Some lady called me about 2 or 3 months ago saying she was my adjudicator. She just asked if I have had any speeding tickets since my BI was submitted to IA.

Comment

• Blue Steel
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2010

Maybe someone can chime in here and give me some advice. I was rejected last year for CBP Border Patrol for back issues in my medical, but I appealed and again was rejected. I then receive an email a week ago saying that my file was reviewed again and CBP wants me to come back in for another medical. I scheduled the medical but is there a way I can postpone it for a little longer? I was given a limited timeframe to complete it but I just received surgery (minimally invasive) for my back 3 months ago and think I should postpone it a little longer. My healing is going great and I am back being active just not over doing it for at least 6 months postop. Would I ultimately be dropped from further processing if I turn down the medical for another couple months?
                    Last edited by Blue Steel; 07-02-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Longrnge
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2013

That's odd. They won't completely adjudicate your file until after the poly since a failure on that gets you cut from the process. They also will include anything extra or contradictory that comes up during the polygraph in a NOPA if your adjudicator feels the need.

I'd bug IA a little if I were you and see if they can get you scheduled for a polygraph. Sounds like your file is just sitting on on adjudicator's desk in the pile for applicants still needing a polygraph.

The good news for you is they are very actively calling people in TSU who have 2010 TSLs to EOD, so once you go all green, you probably won't wait round in TSU long. (though if you haven't already, they will send you for a new medical as it expires after two years)
                      Last edited by Longrnge; 07-02-2013, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• CriticalOperator
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2013

Do you happen to have the number for IA? I can't find it.

Comment

• Longrnge
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2013

Try 1-202-325-7500. You may have to call several times to get a live person. I've heard they aren't the best at returning voicemail.

Comment

• Longrnge
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2013

If that number doesn't work for you, PM me. I have another number, but I think its an adjudicator's direct line and I don't think I should post it publicly.

Comment

• CriticalOperator
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2013

Try 1-202-325-7500. You may have to call several times to get a live person. I've heard they aren't the best at returning voicemail.
                              I tried that number. Some ****ed off lady answered lol. I found the number through honorfirst. I called, and left a message this morning. Let's see if they call me back. Oh and I think my file is probably holding some secretary's desk up somewhere lol. Thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

• StoneFace
                                Forum Member
                                • Apr 2013

I tried that number. Some ****ed off lady answered lol. I found the number through honorfirst. I called, and left a message this morning. Let's see if they call me back. Oh and I think my file is probably holding some secretary's desk up somewhere lol. Thanks for the help anyway.

I read a few times on the CBP forum that calling IA on Friday might get you a call back that same day. It's not a given, but worth a try. I hope it all works out for you. I can certainly identify with having to wait multiple months before hearing from IA. Just live your life as if you've never heard of Border Patrol or try not to give it much thought otherwise it will consume you...good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9261 users online. 28 members and 9233 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...