300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melson View Post
    Got called for a polygraph today after a year waiting around. I have gotten a new part time job though since the initial app. Anyone know if I need to do a notice of change for employer and where I might find that form?

I know there is a change of address but I can't seem to find anything on employer.
    Just tell the polygraph examiner. He/She will make a not of it and pass it on to IA with your polygraph report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
      That sounds good but with this failing rate of 60 to 80% it will be hard to get that 20k. So I'm thinking it lighten up a little bit. Or by BP hiring contractors, it will allow people to get through I'm assuming. What you think?
      How would they "lighten up?" The questions are standard questions, so I doubt they could change that. They are definitely not going to change a policy they just instituted less than two years ago, specifically one they passed to guard against corruption and to bring BP up to the same "standard" as the rest of the federal LEAs. They especially can't change things using the reason, "we would never be able to hire enough," as the public would go bat**** over that.

They will have eight years to build up the 20,000 new agents(providing the bill is passed). That's only 2500 more a year than they already process to keep BP full of the 21,000 currently. Sure, it won't be an easy task, but I assure you, relaxing the polygraph will not be how they approach the issue.

They could hire 19,999 perfect employees, but if just one person is caught working for a cartel and it comes to light they were not given a polygraph or were given a watered down version, the media and public would crucify the government. (especially after they have instituted a 100% polygraph policy)

Again, I'm not defending polygraphs, but the public/government are of the opinion they are working. Until that opinion changes, don't expect any relaxed polygraph policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
        Congrats and good luck.
        Thanks!

Comment

• Longrnge,

First off congrats on the successful ending to a long journey, and good luck with the new one you are just starting.

Did they give you any choices on the duty station?
          Last edited by SeaSpider; 06-26-2013, 08:03 PM.
          BPA
          Application Date: 09/11/2011
          Examination Date: 11/18/2011
          NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
          TSL: 04/05/2012
          PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
          Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
          SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
          EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
          BI: Clear
          PFT2: ?
          EOD?

Comment

• Is anybody in TSU with a TSL date in 2011?
            BPA
            EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Longrnge View Post
              Just got called this morning. I report Aug 5th. Rio Grande City will be my eventual duty station. Aug 29th would have been 3 years since I tested.
              Fantastic news! Congratulations and all the best to you!

Comment

I'm sure they won't change the polygraph much. It was put into place due to corruption and to because most every other federal LE agency has a mandatory polygraph. Going back on this policy because of a hiring surge would be a huge PR **** storm the first time someone got caught taking a bribe, shooting someone unjustifiably, or getting in big trouble outside of work. There's no way they take that chance. (not that I believe polygraphs are legitimate tools for hiring, just giving the point of view the government will probably take)

What will likely happen is large amounts of contractors will be hired to perform background investigations and polygraph exams. Similar to the big hiring push during the Bush administration, except they will need contractors to perform polygraph exams as well to process enough people to hire 20,000 extra over an eight year period.

Agreed completely! The polygraph was instituated as a tool to weed out and/or discourage corrpution. Even with a high failure rate, I am sure CBP won't have a difficult time reaching it's hiring goals. There are thousands upon thousands of applicants and it will only increase as these jobs do promise a better start up for someone interested in Law Enforcement. I highly doubt we will see any amount of lax in polygraph procedures. As Longrnge noted, all it will take is ONE negative incident for fire and brimstone to rain down on CBP.

Comment

• I took the test at the end of 2011, I began the process earlier this year, I am now waiting for the BI, drug test and polygraph. Last I heard it was the qualification for GL-7 yesterday.
                  Maryland State Police:
                  Written: Nov/2012-Passed
                  Poly: Nov/2012 - Passed
                  FAT: Re-Test
                  Oral: 01/28/13- Passed
                  Phys: 01/30/13- Passed
                  Med: 01/29/13- Passed
                  BI: 01/28/13- Pending
                  Process: Stopped

PA State Police:
                  Written: 5/18/13-Passed
                  Oral: 09/2013- ???

Border Patrol South Texas:
                  Written: 12/2011-Passed
                  FIT 1: 02/04/2013 -Passed
                  Oral: 03/2013 – Passed
                  Med: 05/2013 – Passed
                  Qual: GL-7- 06/2013
                  BI: 06/2013 – Waiting
                  Poly: 02/07/2014-JFK
                  Drug Test: ???
                  FAT 2: ???

Comment

How would they "lighten up?" The questions are standard questions, so I doubt they could change that. They are definitely not going to change a policy they just instituted less than two years ago, specifically one they passed to guard against corruption and to bring BP up to the same "standard" as the rest of the federal LEAs. They especially can't change things using the reason, "we would never be able to hire enough," as the public would go bat**** over that.

They will have eight years to build up the 20,000 new agents(providing the bill is passed). That's only 2500 more a year than they already process to keep BP full of the 21,000 currently. Sure, it won't be an easy task, but I assure you, relaxing the polygraph will not be how they approach the issue.

They could hire 19,999 perfect employees, but if just one person is caught working for a cartel and it comes to light they were not given a polygraph or were given a watered down version, the media and public would crucify the government. (especially after they have instituted a 100% polygraph policy)

Again, I'm not defending polygraphs, but the public/government are of the opinion they are working. Until that opinion changes, don't expect any relaxed polygraph policies.
                    We already scraped the bottom of the barrel, watered down the academy, and completely neutered the post academy and field training programs with the no trainee left behind hiring push.

What's another 20K new trainees rammed down the throat of an agency that is already overstaffed. We don't need more agents, we need to just be allowed to do our job.
                    Last edited by madchiken; 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

100% polygraph is not a policy. It is now contained and mandated by Federal Law for all new hires. They can't just decide to not do them.

FB

Comment

• anyone take the exam in sommerville mass?

Comment

• To agents that have graduated the academy in the recent years:

How is physical training at the academy? typical exercise routine? is it the same exercises everyday making you sore as hell next morning, or do they start you easy progressing as you go?

Do you ever get to see family while in the academy?

Cell phone reception in Artesia?

If need to, can you take any days off and make up the work? (family issue or maybe sick)

Thanks in advance.
                          BPA
                          EOD?

Comment

• Can someone please clarify what they mean by "You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday"

When they say "referred for selection" is this the step when they send you the Tentative Selection Letter before you complete the interview, background check, medical and physical exam?

Or does "referred for selection" mean when you complete all the above hiring steps?

Direct quote from USA Jobs posting for Border Patrol Agent:
                            "Age Requirement: You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday."

Comment

• Originally posted by josssv View Post
                              Can someone please clarify what they mean by "You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday"

When they say "referred for selection" is this the step when they send you the Tentative Selection Letter before you complete the interview, background check, medical and physical exam?

Or does "referred for selection" mean when you complete all the above hiring steps?

Direct quote from USA Jobs posting for Border Patrol Agent:
                              "Age Requirement: You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday."
                              Means after you complete all the steps in the hiring process and are referred to the training and scheduling unit aka TSU.
                              BPA
                              EOD?

Comment

• Did not fare so well on the Poly, kept saying that the machine was getting a response from me regarding foreign nationals...lol I have family overseas and that is it.

He said he would submit it to his higher ups and see what they say. Oh well, best of luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7672 users online. 396 members and 7276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X