300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cmpdhopeful View Post
    I tested on June 4 and received my NOR on June 7. Thought it was kind of funny since the test admin told us it would take 8 to 10 weeks.
    How many tested that day?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Thanks to all the current PAs for your information. I just notified CBP that I would not be continuing in the selection process. I originally applied in July of 2011 and have been poking along through the process since. Most of my hardship came from revealing I had a knee issue. After passing the written, passing the initial physical fitness test, the interview, the polygraph, and the drug test, I was again asked to go to a doctor for knee evaluation on my own dime (for a second time). Between reading what current PAs have to say, being in school to finish my Master's, and looking at the prospect of going from a local government job with good retirement/benefits paying a bit under $70K/year to a GL-5 making less than $40K/year, I decided enough was enough and bowed out of the process. Again, thanks to all the current PAs for the insight. These are definitely not things you'll hear from recruiters. Good luck to everyone else

Comment

• I cant speak for any other Agent but myself. I am very happy with the city I live in, I look forward to going to work every day, and I generally like the people I work with. I would recommend this job to anyone with an interest in law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by taque verde View Post
          I cant speak for any other Agent but myself. I am very happy with the city I live in, I look forward to going to work every day, and I generally like the people I work with. I would recommend this job to anyone with an interest in law enforcement.
          Finally some positiveness. This job can't be that bad, do you know when border patrol will start sending out TSL's?

Comment

I cant speak for any other Agent but myself. I am very happy with the city I live in, I look forward to going to work every day, and I generally like the people I work with. I would recommend this job to anyone with an interest in law enforcement.
            Thank you for the positive attitude towards the job most of us here are trying to acquire! I personally see it as a great opportunity! I served in the Marine Corps, and its like we would say in bad times " It's not the Corps that's bad! It's the people running it"! But in the end we love our job day in day out!
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Question
              I am in the hiring process right now. What is the process for EOD? Do you report to you station first and then go to FLETC or do you just go to FLETC and then to the station upon graduation? If you go to the station first how long is it typically before you go on to FLETC? I am just trying to figure out the logistics of moving across the country if and when the call comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmpdhopeful View Post
                Question
                I am in the hiring process right now. What is the process for EOD? Do you report to you station first and then go to FLETC or do you just go to FLETC and then to the station upon graduation? If you go to the station first how long is it typically before you go on to FLETC? I am just trying to figure out the logistics of moving across the country if and when the call comes.
                You'll report to the Sector Headquarters.(Del Rio, McAlllen, El Paso, Tucson, etc.) You may or may not go to your station while you're in processing at Sector, it depends on where your station is in relation to Sector and some other factors. Last I heard, there was a "New Employee Orientation" or something like that in El Paso before you went to Artesia, so everyone went from their Sector HQ to El Paso, then on to Artesia. The stay in El Paso was compensated. The stay at Sector isn't.

Comment

• Hey guys. Not trying to change topic but I wanted to ask a quick question. I am scheduled to take the exam on 7/18/13 and was curious about the medical history portion of the employment process. I had a left knee scope 6 years ago and I had a l5-s1 spinal fusion earlier this year. I have no ill effects from either procedure, no limitations, and have been cleared for all duties by my spinal surgeon. Will the medical review board even consider my application and if so, what do you think the process will look like in a situation like this? Thanks.

Comment

I don't think the job is bad. I think the locations are bad. I think the SWB is the most unattractive part of the country, but that's just my opinion.

If there's one location I could pick, and I knew I could get Tuscon off the bat, then I'd probably apply.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Have my poly this monday...

Comment

• So for the test do you HAVE to know spanish?
                        Dad i'll follow in your footsteps

Pittsburgh Boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mferrell View Post
                          So for the test do you HAVE to know spanish?
                          if you are referring to the initial test, no, you do not have to know spanish. They will supply you with a guide that will explain what you will be tested on in reference to a language

Comment

• Originally posted by Mferrell View Post
                            So for the test do you HAVE to know spanish?
                            You don't even need to know Spanish to graduate from the Spanish portion of the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
                              You don't even need to know Spanish to graduate from the Spanish portion of the academy.
                              How hard is the Spanish portion per academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post
                                if you are referring to the initial test, no, you do not have to know spanish. They will supply you with a guide that will explain what you will be tested on in reference to a language
                                Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
                                Okay thanks fellas.
                                Dad i'll follow in your footsteps

Pittsburgh Boy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5859 users online. 346 members and 5513 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X