300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
    Fortunately for him, there is almost no chance of starting off in San Diego.
    I said nothing about San Diego. You still have Arizona. There is affordable places in SD, if you outside of SD it will be cheaper. Guys I appreciate all the advice but negativity, please keep this off the forum. Yeah, I understand you guys are not happy about CBP but that does not mean that someone else will feel the same. Let them find out on their own... By the time they get in (if they get in) things will be different. Federal agencies always change. I'm in LE now and know I can make way more with CBP and do way less than now.

Comment

• SHU,

I'm sorry you mean that's where your working now. I have friends from SD, there is affordable places out there. It just depends on how you doing your homework.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
        SHU,

I'm sorry you mean that's where your working now. I have friends from SD, there is affordable places out there. It just depends on how you doing your homework.
        Yeah, those affordable places would be where our gotaways live

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by braz989 View Post
            Hmm this is a very tough choice. I tested for my 9th department today. I just feel like the experience and Spanish language (learned in academy) would be VERY beneficial down the road. I will keep trying for local PD's, I am on one list and I am awaiting results from a few others. If offered BP, I will most likely accept. I am assuming that the whole process would take close to a year before I would be given an offer, so maybe I will get on a local PD by then? I have such a strong passion for policing, I wish it was easier to show that during an interview or test.

I have nothing holding me back to my home state, I am willing to move ANYWHERE in the U.S. I am young, educated, and healthy, what is there to lose??? Maybe I should look into out of state testing.

Thank you for the feedback, stay safe.
            I tried to PM you but i couldnt. You said you wouldnt mind moving anywhere in the country. (you even wrote anywhere in all caps. Might i make a few suggestions for you?

The following agencies are currently hiring.

Santa fe NM PD
            Maryland State police
            Atlanta PD
            Baltimore PD
            Alaska State police
            Orlando PD
            philadelphia PD
            Los Angeles PD
            Maine state Police
            Florida highway Patrol
            Also a few PD's in Tx are hiring but im a NYC guy so i dont know much about the south.

Most of these agencies have expedited hiring for out of state applicants. Maryland state police and baltimore city police, the process takes about 2-6 months. Good luck.

P.S. not trying to thread jack...Just trying to help the guy put.
            New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post
              Just received a call to set up my poly. Packet has been in the security office for almost 2 yrs! I have NG training to complete this month and then the poly. Hopefully this is the last step. I would love to move to the SD area soon
              I think I am in the same boat as you. My BI was forwarded to the security office in June of 2011. Some lady called me about two months ago, said she was adjudicating my background. She asked if I had any speeding tickets since my file was forwarded to them. I told her no, and she said great. That's the last I have heard from them. I reapplied to this new announcement just to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                We don't receive any honest information from any of our so called leaders but they frequently lie to our faces. If I were a betting man, I'd say we will no longer have any AUO 12 months from now. The agency's ultimate goal is to take our AUO/FLSA and use it to fund raises for customs management staff. CBP does not care one bit about the safety and security of the border or whether the PAs stay or go. That is why I urge all applicants to cut bait and go elsewhere before you up root your life and move to some third world location. This use to be a great job but it has changed for the worst and do not ever see it coming back. This job is dead.
                Not all border towns are third world locations. I currently live in one, and its not so bad.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                    I think I am in the same boat as you. My BI was forwarded to the security office in June of 2011. Some lady called me about two months ago, said she was adjudicating my background. She asked if I had any speeding tickets since my file was forwarded to them. I told her no, and she said great. That's the last I have heard from them. I reapplied to this new announcement just to see what happens.
                    Did you call MHC before you reapplied to make sure things wouldn't get screwed up? They explicity say on the announcement and FAQs that the most recent application is the one they go by and reapplying while you are currently in process will slow you down. You may have just thrown a major wrench in your process. Especially if you were in adjudication. I test in Aug 2010, received my TSL in Sept 2010, my BI spent almost 2 years in the security office, but I was adjudicated, cleared, and now in TSU waiting for funding for more classes. If I were you and you haven't already, I'd be calling MHC and having them remove the latest application. They won't be doing any classes for a while, so you have plenty of time to wait if your adjudication takes another few months.

This is quoted from the announcement:

"If you have already been tentatively selected for a Border Patrol Agent position and you reapply under this announcement and are subsequently referred and selected for a position, your referral and selection will replace any existing Border Patrol Agent selection for which you are currently in process, and may delay your pre-employment processes."

Once your current (or old now) process is done, you would be put on the TSU list based on your TSL of 2010, now you may have just replaced that with a 2013 TSL date....
                    Last edited by Longrnge; 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Oh I agree with those place you mentioned. I am currently in El Paso and its not a bad place. Deffinitely not as ****ty as those places you mentioned.

Comment

• Great information on BPA positions! Thank you all PA s for insight!
                        Just received NORS for March 2013 testing!
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Originally posted by CooperTSB View Post
                          Great information on BPA positions! Thank you all PA s for insight!
                          Just received NORS for March 2013 testing!
                          You just now got your results? I tested in April and got my results three weeks ago. Now just waiting for TSL.

Comment

• I took my BPA exam June 3rd and got my NOR June 7th

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                              You just now got your results? I tested in April and got my results three weeks ago. Now just waiting for TSL.
                              I applied Feb.20 Th., tested March 20th , received results in May 17. Just waiting on TSL. I guess they took long due to excessive applicants. There were over 300 testing at my location.
                              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• I tested on June 4 and received my NOR on June 7. Thought it was kind of funny since the test admin told us it would take 8 to 10 weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10243 users online. 323 members and 9920 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X