300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
    NORs email came today with test results from the March exam.
    Strange I received my NOR for this new announcement back on April 10. I am applicant from 2010 announcement though. My file has been at the security office since July 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by demo2287 View Post
      just got an email scheduling me got the polygraph exam........if you guys don't like the BPA job why don't you guys quit and find something else ....
      Did you apply to this recent announcement or the 2010 announcement? Ive been waiting on my background to get adjudicated for the 2010 announcement. I reapplied to the new announcement, my score was reused. I already received my TSL and submitted the required documents again. Havent heard anything back since.

Comment

• I think it was 2010.....I had to re-apply because I had failed the Oral and had to wait 6 months...took it again and passed, then took the physical and the fit test after that I submitted my Background paper work like 3 months ago and now I just got scheduled for the poly exam......
        Exam:1302
        List:8XX
        APD 5:Done
        Medical:Done
        Written Psych:Done
        Oral Psych:Done
        Meet w/BI:Done
        Background Investigation:In Process
        JST:Done
        Mini Med:Done
        The call:7/7/13 @10:22

Comment

• I wonder how many people are actually passing the test and is starting to receive TSL.... Anyone from the new announcement received a TSL yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
            I wonder how many people are actually passing the test and is starting to receive TSL.... Anyone from the new announcement received a TSL yet?
            I received mine on 04/10. They reused my score from the 2010 announcement. I score a 100 and I am a 10pt vet.

Comment

• Since last July I failed the vbt for CBP, can I apply for this position? I'm in the process of applying, but got to a question concerning debarment from entry level positions by CBP.

Comment

• Honestly, I can't say I would recommend this job to anyone. It is thankless, and overly politicized.

ATF, FBI, HSI, DEA, US Marshals, etc.
                Absolutely none of those agencies is cutting LEAP for it's agents, and none of them are being furloughed.

Meanwhile we are being shuttled 4 of us in a van around the desert. We have no gas budget, we have no training budget, we have no uniform budget. We have no transfers, we have nothing. To make matters even worse, management isn't happy with us only going down to 20%, but they make it almost impossible for us to work AUO ever. Believe me, most agents at my station will probably end up at 10-15% MAX AUO and a lot of guys will probably completely decertify.

Meanwhile furloughs are still on the table for us agents. This agency is horribly mismanaged, and to make matters worse, the union fights anything that would benefit the majority of agents.

The worst part about losing AUO is that we will take a hug hit on retirement. It would basically make it so that my pension is significantly smaller. Remember that your pension is based upon Base pay + AUO. At 20 years you get 34%. So Let's say that the average of your high 3 is $100,000/yr with base pay and auo. You would get a pension of $34,000/yr. Now if we lose AUO, the average of my high 3 with only base pay is $75,000/yr and you would only get $25,500/yr.

Not only that but you also get agency matching TSP contributions based on your base pay + AUO. The agency matches 5% or in the case of someone who makes 100,000/yr about $5000. For a person who makes $75,000/yr the agency only has to match $3750. As you can see, losing AUO would not only majorly effect your pay now, but would result in a huge loss in retirement.

Keeping that in mind, it will not benefit anyone to take this job over any 1811 position that pays LEAP.
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• A note on agencies not cutting LEAP. Agencies can't cut it - it was structured that way. Basically, it is a "get less with more security" deal. Conversely, the AUO deal is basically a "get more with less security" deal. And agencies can cut it - it was structured that way.

Regardless, hang tough PAs.

Comment

• Screw hanging tough, I am out of here as soon as possible.
                    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• I hear you. The good news is that journeymen PAs typically do well in moving to other agencies. Best of luck.

Comment

• The good news is even though the AUO is decreasing, you still have a chance to make a great salary. Well it's definitely more than what I make now. If you start out as a 7 you'll make 12 in 2 years. That salary is still not bad.

Comment

• Just received a call to set up my poly. Packet has been in the security office for almost 2 yrs! I have NG training to complete this month and then the poly. Hopefully this is the last step. I would love to move to the SD area soon

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              The base might be great where you live now but in San Diego, even with the 25% AUO/FLSA with a family you would be living paycheck to paycheck.
                              Fortunately for him, there is almost no chance of starting off in San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                                Screw hanging tough, I am out of here as soon as possible.
                                Mortals are so weak...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10493 users online. 384 members and 10109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X