300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
    I applied to USBP (local cop right now)...and I keep hearing conflicting answers on the take-home/assigned car issue. Some say they ARE issued and some say NO WAY... I love the perk with my dept (especially in a "special unit") and it would be nice with the USBP, but I see both answers being reasonable.
    The only people who get take home rides are:
    1). Select members of upper management.
    2). Canine handlers.
    3). Select members of specialty units like BORTAC, BORSTAR, etc. Even in those specialty units most do not get take home rides.

I believe those few remote locations on the northern border where they have "resident agents" that work from their home instead of from a station also get take home rides.

The budget problems of late have caused them to be much more judicious about issuing take home rides.

Comment

• Question for anyone who is far in the process... I submitted my prints and background papers two weeks ago. I know that timelines are different per person and based on budget issue but Can any of you guys tell me how long it took you to get a response to start the background investigation? Also is there a certain order on what comes first as far as poly, psych test, background, etc?
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ne.fitness View Post
        Question for anyone who is far in the process... I submitted my prints and background papers two weeks ago. I know that timelines are different per person and based on budget issue but Can any of you guys tell me how long it took you to get a response to start the background investigation? Also is there a certain order on what comes first as far as poly, psych test, background, etc?
        Thanks
        When did you take the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by ne.fitness View Post
          Question for anyone who is far in the process... I submitted my prints and background papers two weeks ago. I know that timelines are different per person and based on budget issue but Can any of you guys tell me how long it took you to get a response to start the background investigation? Also is there a certain order on what comes first as far as poly, psych test, background, etc?
          Thanks
          Just fyi, there is no psych eval in the BPA hiring process.

Comment

• I wonder why the MHC keeps extending the deadline to apply for the BPA announcement? It's now open until 8/9.

I guess they figure the poly will get rid of 98% of applicants.

Comment

• No, I bet it's because a lot of folks are not applying to BP or not showing up to the testing. At my test there was supposed to be 200, only like 65 showed up.

Comment

• How many years until one can move from the south west? Does anyone know?
                New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                  No, I bet it's because a lot of folks are not applying to BP or not showing up to the testing. At my test there was supposed to be 200, only like 65 showed up.
                  I tested last March in Maryland and I was surprised to see only around 40 applicants show up for the test.
                  The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by joseam53 View Post
                    How many years until one can move from the south west? Does anyone know?
                    Dude if that is a concern for you then do not apply. I do not mean to be a dick, but it'll take 10-15 years to leave the southwest for a good spot. There are opportunities to VRP and my classmate got one with only 3 years in but he went to the middle-of-nowhere Montana. With the way things are going now I do not foresee there being any VRP's in the near future. Please do not join if you are going to want to move closer to home within 10 years, you will only be disappointed.

Honestly I am shocked how many people are still applying and asking questions about the process after all the stuff Shu, the other PA's, and I have been saying about the way things are going for us as an agency. If you are thinking about applying, PLEASE reconsider. No federal agent, especially BP, should have to put up with the amount of BS we have to deal with.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseam53 View Post
                      How many years until one can move from the south west? Does anyone know?
                      Dude, take a job with a local/state agency in a place where you can see yourself living for a long time. I've been in the Border Patrol for five years. I won't be able to transfer to a better station for years. Unless you are from the border and are okay living here for 10+ years, then don't take this job. On top of it, this agency is a circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                        Dude, take a job with a local/state agency in a place where you can see yourself living for a long time. I've been in the Border Patrol for five years. I won't be able to transfer to a better station for years. Unless you are from the border and are okay living here for 10+ years, then don't take this job. On top of it, this agency is a circus.
                        I second all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
                          I second all of this.
                          + 1
                          LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

Comment

• So you guys think it would be a big wait to transfer to the Detroit sector? There are so many agents here...I was hoping it would be a matter of a couple of years.
                            BPA
                            Application Date: 09/11/2011
                            Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                            NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                            TSL: 04/05/2012
                            PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                            Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                            SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                            EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                            BI: Clear
                            PFT2: ?
                            EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaSpider View Post
                              So you guys think it would be a big wait to transfer to the Detroit sector? There are so many agents here...I was hoping it would be a matter of a couple of years.
                              Yes. You are eligible for transfer after 3 years at your assigned post, however, that 3-year time frame is NOT guaranteed at all. I would say hope for longer so that you are not sorely disappointed when it will be a heck of a lot longer than a couple of years.

Choose wisely, Grasshopper...before you leap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
                                Dude if that is a concern for you then do not apply. I do not mean to be a dick, but it'll take 10-15 years to leave the southwest for a good spot. There are opportunities to VRP and my classmate got one with only 3 years in but he went to the middle-of-nowhere Montana. With the way things are going now I do not foresee there being any VRP's in the near future. Please do not join if you are going to want to move closer to home within 10 years, you will only be disappointed.

Honestly I am shocked how many people are still applying and asking questions about the process after all the stuff Shu, the other PA's, and I have been saying about the way things are going for us as an agency. If you are thinking about applying, PLEASE reconsider. No federal agent, especially BP, should have to put up with the amount of BS we have to deal with.
                                At the risk of sounding insensitive to your situation and certainly no offense to you or any other BPAs on this forum...try working in the corporate world. It's not a bed of roses either, my friend. Just remember one thing, the grass is always greener on the other side... until you have to mow it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8593 users online. 443 members and 8150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X