300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Interdiction View Post
    I recently applied for the Border Patrol and took the test on March 16, 2013 in Atlanta. During the test, the recruiter stated we would get the results in 4-6 weeks but still have not heard anything. I just want to know if anyone else took it and how long did it take for the results.
    Don't hold your breath when it comes to the hirng process... You will probably get your results soon and then who knows how long you will have to wait. I applied in 2010, got my results back 4-6 weeks later.... Then in Fall of 2012 I got a email to set up a interview

Comment

• Be ready for a long process. It only took me 16 months to hear back from the them. I got the NOR letter sometime on 11/11 and I got TSL1 on 01/13. At the end, I withdrew my application because I went to a local agency. Keep your options open and live your life like you never applied.
      Go wildcats!

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Lol man you guys make this job sound terrible.

I appreciate the wise words you guys give here. I've been enlightened. Maybe i won't take the BPA exam on the 29th.
          New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• It is a great job! But the feds do things their own way I guess. Take the exam in the 29th, You really have nothing to lose.
            Go wildcats!

Comment

• I'd love to see the usajobs usage from CBP computers...

Comment

• How likely is it for a new recruit to end up in San diego?

Comment

• That's what i chose but im not sure it even matters..

Comment

• Originally posted by joseam53 View Post
                    How likely is it for a new recruit to end up in San diego?
                    0% chance.

Comment

• "I am not sure what you mean by "advance to the Feds." If you are refering to an 1811 spot, I can assure you that the Border Patrol will do very little to help you achieve that goal."

Having met former PAs who are current 1811s for a variety of agencies, I disagree. Actually, the more I think of it, a well-rounded PA with a good reputation stands a better chance than many seemingly otherwise qualified candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                        0% chance.
                        Well, that's discouraging. haha thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          "I am not sure what you mean by "advance to the Feds." If you are refering to an 1811 spot, I can assure you that the Border Patrol will do very little to help you achieve that goal."

Having met former PAs who are current 1811s for a variety of agencies, I disagree. Actually, the more I think of it, a well-rounded PA with a good reputation stands a better chance than many seemingly otherwise qualified candidates.
                          I agree. Any experience in law enforcement that reflects your good moral standards as well as more "experience" will always be a plus on your resume.

Comment

• The Border Patrol recently placed a great emphasis on raising the amount of agents deploying on the Southern Texas border. Apparently they finally realized were getting overran and are in dire need of some help.

Comment

• I applied to USBP (local cop right now)...and I keep hearing conflicting answers on the take-home/assigned car issue. Some say they ARE issued and some say NO WAY... I love the perk with my dept (especially in a "special unit") and it would be nice with the USBP, but I see both answers being reasonable.
                              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                              that we are all that stands between
                              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• No take home ride for BP unless you are BORTAC. You do not want a take home anyways. Cartels have put a price on our heads and have been known to follow agents home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12443 users online. 431 members and 12012 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X