Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
    Some things are better left not spoken.
    Alright I was going to leave this "special operator" stuff alone because it is taking away from the thread, but this is ridiculous. You failed to even answer my simple question of "where are you in the BPA process", which apparently you are not in. My good friend and fellow PA was an officer in Force Recon for a number of years and has done all kinds of "special" stuff. Not once has he EVER referred to himself as a "special operator". In fact, he laughed his *** off when I told him about the FAST comment. You also for some reason consider Blackhawk products as "specialized gear" which continues to lead me to believe you were not in Special Operations. You get issued Blackhawk crap while at the academy. TopGun87, you are failing on all fronts. Best you keep your mouth shut from now on and let the adults who are actually in the BPA hiring process do the talking. Go back to the other thread and get yelled at by the FAMs some more.

    I'll give you another chance here, where are you in the BPA hiring process???

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
      Alright I was going to leave this "special operator" stuff alone because it is taking away from the thread, but this is ridiculous. You failed to even answer my simple question of "where are you in the BPA process", which apparently you are not in. My good friend and fellow PA was an officer in Force Recon for a number of years and has done all kinds of "special" stuff. Not once has he EVER referred to himself as a "special operator". In fact, he laughed his *** off when I told him about the FAST comment. You also for some reason consider Blackhawk products as "specialized gear" which continues to lead me to believe you were not in Special Operations. You get issued Blackhawk crap while at the academy. TopGun87, you are failing on all fronts. Best you keep your mouth shut from now on and let the adults who are actually in the BPA hiring process do the talking. Go back to the other thread and get yelled at by the FAMs some more.

      I'll give you another chance here, where are you in the BPA hiring process???

      When BPA updates me on my status, I'll let you know. Please stop sending me these post. If you want to talk special operator stuff, PM me. I'm not into chest beating and I've done my share of time foreign and domestic. I don't consider myself better than anyone else, so bragging is not my forte. At this point it seems like you're trying to pick arguments. If you're trying to intimidate me it's not working. If you're trying to diminish my military service that's just not what vets do! You should really find better use of your time. I would rather be posting status updates, but instead I have to deal w/ someone who has a PhD in cyber bullying.
      Last edited by TopGun87; 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM.
      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
        When BPA updates me on my status, I'll let you know. Please stop sending me these post. If you want to talk special operator stuff, PM me. I'm not into chest beating and I've done my share of time foreign and domestic. I don't consider myself better than anyone else, so bragging is not my forte. At this point it seems like you're trying to pick arguments. If you're trying to intimidate me it's not working. If you're trying to diminish my military service that's just not what vets do! You should really find better use of your time. I would rather be posting status updates, but instead I have to deal w/ someone who has a PhD in cyber bullying.
        You came to this forum and made claims publicly concerning your time in the Military. You were called on it because your claims don't make sense. You claim to be a special operator and state to not be into chest beating? Why then did you mention it? The operators that I know would never advertise it in the manner that you have. Further as someone else has already mentioned FAST is not special operations. This is the time that you should show some character and admit that you were exaggerating. It would not be the first time that has happened on this forum.

        You also don't get to dictate how people respond to your posts. If you don't like the responses I suggest to stop exaggerating the truth or go somewhere else. If you can't interact with anonymous people on a internet forum, how do you think you are going to fair in the general hiring process let alone BORTAC selection. They can all smell the BS from miles away.

        FB

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          You came to this forum and made claims publicly concerning your time in the Military. You were called on it because your claims don't make sense. You claim to be a special operator and state to not be into chest beating? Why then did you mention it? The operators that I know would never advertise it in the manner that you have. Further as someone else has already mentioned FAST is not special operations. This is the time that you should show some character and admit that you were exaggerating. It would not be the first time that has happened on this forum.

          You also don't get to dictate how people respond to your posts. If you don't like the responses I suggest to stop exaggerating the truth or go somewhere else. If you can't interact with anonymous people on a internet forum, how do you think you are going to fair in the general hiring process let alone BORTAC selection. They can all smell the BS from miles away.

          FB
          Sir, you'll never get anywhere insulting someone. A kind word always turns away anger. If you think FAST Company Marines aren't Special Operations Capable just enlist. If you think 0311 grunts are so soft just visit Camp Pendleton. I'll take a group of 0311 grunts anywhere with me w/o all the fancy gear. I'm not sure where you derive your Marine Corps knowledge from, but the Marine Corps didn't join SOCOM until 2005. I guess all the grunts before 2005 where just weak right? Prior to 2005 the Marine Corps augmented its special operations capabilities from within for years. I'm not quite clear why you keep interjecting your comments into this conversation. You're starting to become like one of those flies in Iraq, that just won't leave me alone. My mother always told me if you see two people arguing, you won't know which one is the idiot. So, I'm not responding to your post anymore. If you need anymore information on FAST Company PM me, but stop putting it in a BPA thread.
          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
            Sir, you'll never get anywhere insulting someone. A kind word always turns away anger. If you think FAST Company Marines aren't Special Operations Capable just enlist. If you think 0311 grunts are so soft just visit Camp Pendleton. I'll take a group of 0311 grunts anywhere with me w/o all the fancy gear. I'm not sure where you derive your Marine Corps knowledge from, but the Marine Corps didn't join SOCOM until 2005. I guess all the grunts before 2005 where just weak right? Prior to 2005 the Marine Corps augmented its special operations capabilities from within for years. I'm not quite clear why you keep interjecting your comments into this conversation. You're starting to become like one of those flies in Iraq, that just won't leave me alone. My mother always told me if you see two people arguing, you won't know which one is the idiot. So, I'm not responding to your post anymore. If you need anymore information on FAST Company PM me, but stop putting it in a BPA thread.
            Ok, this is how this goes. Do you see my join date on this forum? Compare that to yours. Again, you don't get to dictate how anyone responds to your posts and you sure as hell don't get to dictate to me where I post or how I post. I have 15 years experience as a FLEO, currently a Supervisor, and sit on a Structured Interview panel for my agency. I did not insult you at all. I called it like I see it.

            You are the one that came to this forum stating that you are a special operator and what are the requirements for BORTAC before you even got the job. All things that a special operator would not do. You have been asked some specific questions that you have avoided answering such as exactly where in the process you are, what special operations unit you were in (you responded FAST which is NOT special operations). You accuse me of insulting you but you have no problem calling others in this forum bullies.

            There are quite a few folks in this thread that have been law enforcement officers for quite some time. From your above post, it is very clear to anyone with any amount of time listening to lies and half-truths that you have not been in any special operations group.

            I will be really clear with you. You are a liar. Put up or shut up. You publicly made the claims now publicly answer the questions. Where are you in the process and what special operations group were you a member of? You surely can remember what steps in the process you have completed and I am quite sure you should remember what group you served in special operations. After all that would be required for the SF-86.

            FB

            Comment


            • Just saw the announcement for Border Patrol Agent, and it seems like they extended the announcement by almost 2 months and they estimate the whole process takes up to 12-18 months, at least under this announcement. It seems like they are expecting a lot of Agents to leave or making more room for new Agents. Either way, I hope I make it through the process without a problem because I've heard quite a few horror stories. My long journey starts tomorrow!

              Comment


              • ........................
                Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:25 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  All of you considering a career in the USBP should reevaluate your choice. As a PA you will likely be put in a remore location far away from the normal world where you will be stuck for years before you can escape to to a less crappy location. But that is not the worst of it.

                  As of late the agency the Patrol falls under, cbp, has started to attack our pay. They want to permanently cut our pay to fund increases for the legacy customs service management who run cbp. Its just not worth it anymore. Its not worth the constant fight you will be in with the Patrol's management and cbp. Look for a job where the management supports you and lets you do your job. And by all means get a job where you don't have to worry about your paycheck every month.
                  This

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                    Sir, you'll never get anywhere insulting someone. A kind word always turns away anger. If you think FAST Company Marines aren't Special Operations Capable just enlist. If you think 0311 grunts are so soft just visit Camp Pendleton. I'll take a group of 0311 grunts anywhere with me w/o all the fancy gear. I'm not sure where you derive your Marine Corps knowledge from, but the Marine Corps didn't join SOCOM until 2005. I guess all the grunts before 2005 where just weak right? Prior to 2005 the Marine Corps augmented its special operations capabilities from within for years. I'm not quite clear why you keep interjecting your comments into this conversation. You're starting to become like one of those flies in Iraq, that just won't leave me alone. My mother always told me if you see two people arguing, you won't know which one is the idiot. So, I'm not responding to your post anymore. If you need anymore information on FAST Company PM me, but stop putting it in a BPA thread.
                    look kid, FAST is not SOF. Stop posting your nonsense already. Grunts are not SOF. Leave it at that. Only an idiot would argue other wise. Youve derailed the thread with your nonsense. Like the agents on this thread have said, get the job first, then worry about being special.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      All of you considering a career in the USBP should reevaluate your choice. As a PA you will likely be put in a remore location far away from the normal world where you will be stuck for years before you can escape to to a less crappy location. But that is not the worst of it.

                      As of late the agency the Patrol falls under, cbp, has started to attack our pay. They want to permanently cut our pay to fund increases for the legacy customs service management who run cbp. Its just not worth it anymore. Its not worth the constant fight you will be in with the Patrol's management and cbp. Look for a job where the management supports you and lets you do your job. And by all means get a job where you don't have to worry about your paycheck every month.
                      but what if I like the desert I live in the southwest border so it isnt a new world to me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                        but what if I like the desert I live in the southwest border so it isnt a new world to me.
                        If you're serious here, look for Forest Service LEO or BLM openings. I would rather be a GS-9 with either of them right now than my current 12 step 2. That being said, both of those gigs are very hard to land...

                        Don't get me wrong, this job is awesome. It's the morons at cbp and BP HQ who are ruining it. I have been fortunate to do A LOT of cool things with the patrol. Where else can you ride in blackhawks looking for groups of IA's??? Or arrest 20 people at once? If you want to roll the dice and suck it up with whatever cbp plans to do with BP, its an awesome job (depending what station/sector you get). DO NOT take this job to "get your foot in the door" so to speak. General PA experience WILL NOT help you more to a 1811 position, trust me. It's definately a fun job though...
                        Last edited by ccia84; 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM.

                        Comment


                        • If BPA experience doesn't help someone obtain a future 1811 position, what kind of LE positions does it give you an advantage for? Local LE? etc?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                            Ok, this is how this goes. Do you see my join date on this forum? Compare that to yours. Again, you don't get to dictate how anyone responds to your posts and you sure as hell don't get to dictate to me where I post or how I post. I have 15 years experience as a FLEO, currently a Supervisor, and sit on a Structured Interview panel for my agency. I did not insult you at all. I called it like I see it.

                            FB
                            Sir, in 2001 I was serving my country while you were joining forums. It amazes me that you sit on any panel and spend as much time as you do in this forum. It's not a very good use of your time as a supervisor, I would imagine. If you were on a panel with me and you called a veteran a liar and told him to shut up, I would relieve you of your duties. Why don't you use your experience as a "panelist" to help some of these unemployed veterans get hired! Instead you're spending all your time criticizing applicants. Now, what wars have you served in? It appears you're not in the hiring process, so what's your purpose here?

                            For your situational awareness:

                            BPA Test: Mar 2011
                            Passed: Apr 2011

                            PCS: July 2011.....didn't continue process

                            BPA Test: Mar 2013
                            Waiting on results...
                            Last edited by TopGun87; 04-10-2013, 06:06 PM.
                            The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                              look kid, FAST is not SOF. Stop posting your nonsense already. Grunts are not SOF. Leave it at that. Only an idiot would argue other wise. Youve derailed the thread with your nonsense. Like the agents on this thread have said, get the job first, then worry about being special.
                              Sorry, I'm trying to improve the quality of my post by ignoring you.

                              Side note: I never said FAST was SOF. I think that's the terminology you used "SOF." Also, I'm sure you're aware no one owns the term special operator, but you can have it if it makes you feel better. Why don't you use your critical skills to figure out when BPA will send our test results back. I don't look at BORTAC as being special, I look at it as a chance to serve. No disrespect.

                              Credentials
                              10yrs Marine Corps (grunt)
                              2yrs Local cop
                              2yrs Fed (intel) - SOD

                              Still waiting on BPA test results.......
                              Last edited by TopGun87; 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM.
                              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hangman View Post
                                If BPA experience doesn't help someone obtain a future 1811 position, what kind of LE positions does it give you an advantage for? Local LE? etc?
                                Id like to know as well. Hopefully some of the more experienced people here can help us out.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4631 users online. 177 members and 4454 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X