Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any agents out there familiar with BORTAC qualifications. I just read that you have to float in the water for 45mins then tread water for 30mins. I'm ok with regular land-based PT, but 1hr 15mins in the pool sounds almost Navy Seal like to me. Does anyone have a particular workout regiment for this type of water qualification? Can an average swimmer qual with those type of requirements?
    Last edited by TopGun87; 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM.
    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
      Any agents out there familiar with BORTAC qualifications. I just read that you have to float in the water for 45mins then tread water for 30mins. I'm ok with regular land-based PT, but 1hr 15mins in the pool sounds almost Navy Seal like to me. Does anyone have a particular workout regiment for this type of water qualification? Can an average swimmer qual with those type of requirements?
      Why don't you work on getting a job first before you worry about BORTAC stuff. You will become familiar with the qualifications when you are an agent. Worrying about BORTAC before even getting an offer kills me...you don't even know how to cut sign yet you want to be BORTAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
        Why don't you work on getting a job first before you worry about BORTAC stuff. You will become familiar with the qualifications when you are an agent. Worrying about BORTAC before even getting an offer kills me...you don't even know how to cut sign yet you want to be BORTAC.
        Sir, please don't respond to my post with negative comments. move on......

Comment

• That's not a negative post, its the truth. The first requirement for BTC is at least 2 years learning how to be a PA. Start there

Comment

Any agents out there familiar with BORTAC qualifications. I just read that you have to float in the water for 45mins then tread water for 30mins. I'm ok with regular land-based PT, but 1hr 15mins in the pool sounds almost Navy Seal like to me. Does anyone have a particular workout regiment for this type of water qualification? Can an average swimmer qual with those type of requirements?
            I understand your desire to know the requirements as they may play into your decision to apply. However, You have to wait at least 2 years before applying to bortac. If you aren't in shape at first you will have plenty of time to get there.

Comment

Sir, please don't respond to my post with negative comments. move on......
              First off, my comments are not negative. That was the straight truth. You should not be worried about any speciality unit until you actually have a job. Once you have a job you can worry about passing the academy, FTO, learning a huge AOR (depending where you get stationed), how to cut and track sign, processing and the list goes on.

Second, you joined a month or so ago and have been present in almost every thread in this sub-forum"sharing your knowledge". There is nothing wrong with applying to multiple jobs ,but coming in here and asking about being a sup and bike patrol and bortac is a waste of this thread.

Tell you what, IF you get to the academy why dont you ask your lead PT instructor about being bortac...see if you get a "negative comment". Then you can tell him to move on.

Lastly, where are you in the process?

Comment

• You asked your question and he gave you the truth. If you have a problem with the manner in which he replied, this job is not for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  You asked your question and he gave you the truth. If you have a problem with the manner in which he replied, this job is not for you.
                  Let me first, start by apologizing to everyone on this forum. I had no idea my question would generate this type of response. I'm aware that it takes 2 yrs as a PA before you can apply to BORTAC and I'm already familiar with the qualifications requirements for PA and BORTAC. My question was in reference to a water-based physical training regime that would increase my overall fitness in the pool. Listen, I'm a former special operator myself and I understand the "espirit de corps" among agencies and I in no way meant to insult anyone. I want to keep the conversation civil and I consider my question answered. Thanks, Semper fi

Comment

Let me first, start by apologizing to everyone on this forum. I had no idea my question would generate this type of response. I'm aware that it takes 2 yrs as a PA before you can apply to BORTAC and I'm already familiar with the qualifications requirements for PA and BORTAC. My question was in reference to a water-based physical training regime that would increase my overall fitness in the pool. Listen, I'm a former special operator myself and I understand the "espirit de corps" among agencies and I in no way meant to insult anyone. I want to keep the conversation civil and I consider my question answered. Thanks, Semper fi

As a prior "Special Operator" its hard to believe that you did not have to do any water training.

Comment

• Were you MARSOC or FORCE? PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                        Were you MARSOC or FORCE? PM me.
                        Sure thing. I have F.A.S.T. Team experience.

I will keep any future detailed post in the PM. Sorry for the distraction, gents.

Comment

• FAST are not SOF.

Comment

• Good evening Gentlemen,

Just giving my current update with BPA... Applied back in 2010, medical was officially accepted 5 days ago and I was emailed last Friday to begin my E-Qip. For those who are new to the federal hiring process, I highly recommend printing off an SF-86, filling it out completely and keeping it on record. Using my saved hard copy SF-86 from my DEA app has saved my plenty of time--- just had to update a few things.

As for TopGuns post... The reason why people get annoyed and upset is mainly because your asking a lot of questions that could easily be answer by using google, other forums, or searching this forum site. When I first got on this site, I learned quickly that the best way to find out information is to do some good investigating and find it yourself. At some point on one of these pages, all the questions you have asked on here and other topics have been discussed. People on this site tend (and should) get annoyed with newbies who are impatient and want all the answers. Patience is a virtue and you will DEFINITELY learn that in law enforcement. Many of these old timers ;-) and high count posters have spent many hours reading these forums and learning about the process through independent research. I think that the ability to post on these forums is sort of a rite of passage... meaning you post good/quality info pertaining to the application process and not just random questions and aspects to the job that may never ever pertain to you. Your ability to post good info and actual years as a member of this forum will give you more credibility from other users. Thats just my .2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                              FAST are not SOF.
                              Some things are better left not spoken.
                              Last edited by TopGun87; 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Some things are better left not spoken.
                                Ahhh yeah right. I believe that you have been called out.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8633 users online. 399 members and 8234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X