Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the possible exodus of BPAs and the high poly failure rate, will BP have to lower it's standards to hire new agents?

Comment

• They can't get much lower...

Comment

• Just applied last night and scheduled myself for the written exam on april 10th. Hopefully all will go well through this new beginning of a long journey.

Comment

• Is it harder than the cbpo test?
          Geo: swb
          App: 3/26/12
          Written : 6/12 82%
          TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
          Med: 9/12
          VBT: 9/12
          Quals: 10/12 gs7
          Poly: 11/12 passed
          Drug test: 12/12
          BI: 12/12
          TSU: 12/27/12
          The call: 2/06/13
          EOD: 3/11/13
          Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
            Is it harder than the cbpo test?
            I took both (CBPO and BPA), in my own opinion BPA is a little harder but CBPO I had more fun because the math and grammar portion. For some people the language portion in the BPA test is the difficult part.
            Go wildcats!

Comment

• Anybody still waiting on there results from the test?
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Good morning everyone,

Just thought I would drop in here and let everyone know that it appears furloughs for Border Patrol are being stopped. AOU is still go to be ganked, but furloughs are gone. Of course its not official yet from CBP, and nothing about OFO, but this comes from here and is being quoted from the vice pres of the border patrol council(union for BP).
                CBPO:
                Test- 05/12
                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                TSL1/2-08/12
                PFT1/Med-09/12
                VBT/SI-10/12
                Poly-11/12
                BI-12/12
                TSU-01/24/13
                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                Applied- 06/12
                PFT-07/12
                CJBAT- 12/12
                Panel Interview- 01/13
                BI- in process

FBI
                Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Does anybody know if I can apply for this position if I failed the vbt for CBP last July?

Comment

• Totally different things strkr, you can apply. CBP failed me at the VBT and took BPA test

Comment

• I guess LEAP pay doesn't look so bad, now that AUO & FLSA are gone? I'm currently a GS-09/03 in D.C. making 55K. Hopefully, that means my steps will digress from 7/10, 9/08, 11/04, 12/02. GS-12/01 pay on the border is 68K while a GS-11/04 in D.C. makes 68K also. Just my observation it seems a little unfair that the SWB isn't considered a hardship post. I tested for the BPA last month in March and haven't got my results yet either. I must say compared to the ATF & USMS exam the BPA artificial language portion made the test a little more difficult than other agencies. I speak some Spanish but didn't want to take a chance on failing the Spanish part. When I joined the military they used the DLAB to test my baseline for learning a language. However, the BPA artificial language test appeared to be slightly more difficult than the DLAB. Anyone looking forward to 8 weeks of Spanish in Artesia, NM. Hablo espanol!
                      Last edited by TopGun87; 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM.
                      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• So, there is a memo being released today regarding AUO and furloughs and the BP's plans for them, but its not officially out yet. However Furloughs are done, and AUO is being kept at least for now.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13
                        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI
                        Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I wonder if that has anything to do with Sen. McCain and Sen. Schumer visiting the border and tweeting about an illegal jumping over an 18 ft. fence. Hopefully, immigration reform involves border security too. I would hate to get out to a sector and all the illegals stop illegally entering because they all have work visas. If this is the bread and butter of BPA what else is there left to do on your shift? That's why I like Local PD work because you can pretty much control your shift and hit the streets hard. I hope the BP will keep me busy!
                          The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Is the artificial language test similar to the study guide? Meaning is it the same concept? I know it said on the study guide that a vocabulary list and the rules will be provided to you on test day. For you guys that tested, did you study? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                              I guess LEAP pay doesn't look so bad, now that AUO & FLSA are gone? I'm currently a GS-09/03 in D.C. making 55K. Hopefully, that means my steps will digress from 7/10, 9/08, 11/04, 12/02. GS-12/01 pay on the border is 68K while a GS-11/04 in D.C. makes 68K also. Just my observation it seems a little unfair that the SWB isn't considered a hardship post. I tested for the BPA last month in March and haven't got my results yet either. I must say compared to the ATF & USMS exam the BPA artificial language portion made the test a little more difficult than other agencies. I speak some Spanish but didn't want to take a chance on failing the Spanish part. When I joined the military they used the DLAB to test my baseline for learning a language. However, the BPA artificial language test appeared to be slightly more difficult than the DLAB. Anyone looking forward to 8 weeks of Spanish in Artesia, NM. Hablo espanol!
                              Your way off on your pay projections. They will be lower. Think 7/8 9/4 11/1 etc. Leap is not going to happen. No work is better than working for free on your RDO.
                              Last edited by SHU; 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• lol, at a guy complaining about LEAP for BP then saying he is applying for 1811 positions. If you feel that way I suggest you withdraw any 1811 applications you have submitted.
                                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9568 users online. 351 members and 9217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X