300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• striketm,

They might actually start making progress in getting us in the process it seems... I guess we just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Ladies and Gentleman, passed the oral board today in Ferndale, Wa. Four people no show. Very excited. Hopefully will get the job in a year if im lucky.

Comment

• Someone did a statistical calculation based off the spreadsheet timelines on Honorfirst. The average was something like 500/600 days from test to hire. In short, it takes 2 years to get hired now and for some it takes even longer. I'm sure there are some exceptions to this. Like the agents tend to tell us on honorfirst, don't sit around waiting for the border patrol.

Comment

• Anyone else get a call from Comprehensive Health Services about drug screening being delayed/backed up due to some storm 2 weeks ago?
          BPA
          App Date: 09/03/2011
          Exam Date: 11/21/2011
          GEO: San Diego
          TSL: 05/30/2012
          PFT1: Passed
          Med: Passed
          TSL2: 08/17/12
          OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
          Drug Screening: Passed
          Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Originally posted by jsu7833m View Post
            striketm,

They might actually start making progress in getting us in the process it seems... I guess we just have to wait and see.
            I finally got TSL1 today, I tested on 11/11 and scored 75.
            Go wildcats!

Comment

• Originally posted by agee
              i have a question. since i'm still in SELRES, are they going to let me drill during the academy?
              I'm in the same boat, but my unit will allow me to flex drill. You may want to ask your unit about that. If you wanted to leave and drill, you can probably do that too, but probably not a good idea incase you get delayed at airports, traffic, etc.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Welp, it was fun folks.

Got a NOPA today that I had failed the polygraph. Add me to the 60%.

Looks like it's back to teaching, since I am such a dishonest character with questionable integrity.
                  BPA
                  App Date: 09/03/2011
                  Exam Date: 11/21/2011
                  GEO: San Diego
                  TSL: 05/30/2012
                  PFT1: Passed
                  Med: Passed
                  TSL2: 08/17/12
                  OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
                  Drug Screening: Passed
                  Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Sorry to hear that man. I know how it feels. It's a kick to the chest for sure but don't give up over one failed polygraph. They are total bull**** and everyone knows it - even if they don't want to admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      Nobody in my class left for any drill time. The only guy who was granted leave from my academy class was a former cop who was subpoenaed to testify on a arrest he made with his prior department. But I have heard of one person who was granted time on sat/sun to drill. If you can defer your drill time, that would be the way to go. Most people really need time to study on the weekend. Hiring is at a stand still and is likely to be that way for a long time. So you probably have time.

You should be able to get excuesd absences for it. Our SELRES members who get sent to an acadamy get excuesed absences for the months that they are in the acadamy. You could also do a Reserve Change Catagory Request and change into the IRR until you are completely done with your probation and then transfer back to SELRES, or if your command approves it, do 8 months of drills all at once before you go to the academy. You would just be there for 16 days stright. Just my 2cents, from experiences. BTY I am a Yeoman in the CG and this is my job...

Comment

• Anyone on this thread a current CBPO that is now applying to BPA? If so, what transfers over?

Are there any people on this thread who were at one time a CBPO, but are now a BPA? If so, can you compare and contrast the two academies?

Comment

• What is the best study guide for US border Patrol. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                            Are there any people on this thread who were at one time a CBPO, but are now a BPA? If so, can you compare and contrast the two academies?
                            Be aware, both academies have been extensively modified over the years. If you're trying to draw away something currently relevant to "now", you'll probably need to find someone with a intimate knowledge of both academies gleaned within the last year or two.

Good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Be aware, both academies have been extensively modified over the years. If you're trying to draw away something currently relevant to "now", you'll probably need to find someone with a intimate knowledge of both academies gleaned within the last year or two.

Good luck with that.
                              Good to know, thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Good luck with that.
                                CBP academy is now run by Border Patrol. I have never attended the BP Academy. I attended the "new" CBP academy and now work on the SWB. I will tell you that if you are at all mentally-aware and not a completely obese soup sandwich the CBP will be a total cake walk. If you are prior-military or LE then you will have no problem. The instructors at the CBP academy will give you many many second chances. The emphasis is on graduating 100%. Things that would get you kicked out of any normal police academy will be overlooked at CBP Academy. They need bodies because morale is so low that the agency loses tons of officers to attrition every day.

I work with several former BP Agents. In fact, some of them were previously temporary Training Officers at the BP Academy. Even the new CBP academy is the complete opposite of the BP academy. The whole CBP academy trains you on how to work at an airport environment. The fact is most instructors and administrators at the CBP academy come from airports. Even though the top guy wears green, the rest of the academy is unmistakably "true blue". Then you show up at the SWB and have to learn everything all over again.
                                Last edited by Escapar La Frontera; 01-20-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6624 users online. 346 members and 6278 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X