Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      The Patrol is only going to get worse in the next 4 years.
      Honest truth, I know you are right, but it's not like there is anywhere for us to go. I will say this, if you came from a policing background to the patrol, you will be seriously disappointed, especially if you came recently because the traffic is so slow. I literally miss my days as a Deputy Sheriff. Even on the slowest days, I could be proactive and find something to do. Here, if it is slow, there is nothing you can do to be proactive. You can only cut so many roads, check so many lay up spots, pull over so many code 4 cars before you start to get burned out.
      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Almost retired? You calling me old?!?! Haha! The reason for the change was because I hadn't had a pay increase in five years making less than $40K. In the patrol my salary doubled. The problem is that the patrol is making some serious steps to eliminate the opportuniity to make that kind of money. It's still good money if they cut us to our base salary. But, there are local pd's making similair money as our base salary with a much higher job satisfaction. I still think that overall the patrol is going to have better pay and benefits. I think we will know what the direction the patrol is going to take in the next 12 months.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything lately?
          BPA
          App Date: 09/03/2011
          Exam Date: 11/21/2011
          GEO: San Diego
          TSL: 05/30/2012
          PFT1: Passed
          Med: Passed
          TSL2: 08/17/12
          OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
          Drug Screening: Passed
          Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
            Anyone hear anything lately?
            +1
            MSP 1896

Comment

• The "chatter" - 7 classes approved for 2013? 350 (7 classes x 50 bodies) some hires.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...s?msg=54842.23
              Last edited by semper03; 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• That's promising.
                BPA

Comment

• If I have completed a Medical 8/11 for CBPO will I have to do so again when applying to a new announcement for BP if its less than a year?
                  Or will it transfer over?
                  Thanks
                  MSP 1896

Comment

• Been a lurker for a while around this site. just wanted to ask if anyone EODs jan 28 in el paso to be stationed in Weslaco Tx? i finally got the call yesterday morning with a offer of a GS-5 position in Rio Grande City or Weslaco which is near Mercedes and Mccallen. I still need to do my PFT2 they havent scheduled it yet though hopefully soon. i got a question hopefully some of you guys got some answers.

The lady that gave me my offer said i need to report in El Paso Jan 28th then on the 30th i go to Weslaco then from there i head to Artesia Nm im not following it very well and lady was very short on the phone.

also The 2nd of feb i start academy which is sat i think i might have heard her wrong, maybe she said i start on the feb 4th which is monday.
                    BPA
                    GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                    WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                    TSL:12/10-Check
                    ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                    MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                    BI:8/11-Check
                    DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                    POLY:9/5/12-Check
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                      Been a lurker for a while around this site. just wanted to ask if anyone EODs jan 28 in el paso to be stationed in Weslaco Tx? i finally got the call yesterday morning with a offer of a GS-5 position in Rio Grande City or Weslaco which is near Mercedes and Mccallen. I still need to do my PFT2 they havent scheduled it yet though hopefully soon. i got a question hopefully some of you guys got some answers.

The lady that gave me my offer said i need to report in El Paso Jan 28th then on the 30th i go to Weslaco then from there i head to Artesia Nm im not following it very well and lady was very short on the phone.

also The 2nd of feb i start academy which is sat i think i might have heard her wrong, maybe she said i start on the feb 4th which is monday.
                      You need to call her back and verify. One generally Enters On Duty at the sector headquarters of their assigned station, then travels to El Paso for some CBP stuff, then goes to Artesia. It could be different in your case, but I doubt it, as the process is fairly rigid.

Weslaco is in the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the headquarters of which is in McAllen.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

• does anybody know what score is getting TSL1 right now??
                        Go wildcats!

Comment

• striketm, I took the BPA exam January 2011 and got a score of 73. I honestly did not think twice about it after getting such a low score. Tuesday I recieved an email saying this:

""Dear Border Patrol Agent Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active record on the Border Patrol Agent (BPA) applicant inventory for the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Why are we sending you this letter?
                          This letter is let you know that the Minneapolis Hiring Center continues to make tentative selections for the Southwest Border from this inventory. Please continue to monitor your email weekly as tentative selection offers are made via email.

What do I need to do?
                          If you are still interested in an entry-level Border Patrol Agent position you are not required to do anything; unless you need to update your contact information. To update your contact information simply send an email to the Minneapolis Hiring Center at: Please be sure to include your full name, last four digits of your social security number and updated contact information.

What if I no longer want to pursue a career as a Border Patrol Agent?
                          You may email the Minneapolis Hiring Center with your full name, last four digits of your social security number and a brief statement asking to be removed from the inventory. .

Thank you for your continued interest in a position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Minneapolis Hiring Center
                          U.S. Customs & Border Protection
                          """

I contacted them and via email to give them a new phone number and got this reply:

""The BPA announcement is currently closed. We are currently selecting applicants in score order from 110-70. Once we reach your score you will be contacted via email. For more information on the position of BPA . If you have received a tentative selection letter and applicant ID please contact the BPA Staffing unit at: 952-857-2910 or [email protected] We will respond to your email as quickly as we can. ""

So I guess after almost 2 years they are reaching the mid 70s . Have you heard anything?

Comment

• Drug screening tomorrow.

No brainer!

That'll be the last check I need on CASS, now I just need to wait for my background investigation!
                            BPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
                              Drug screening tomorrow.

No brainer!

That'll be the last check I need on CASS, now I just need to wait for my background investigation!
                              I took the test September 2010 and have still not had my drug test. Been in limbo since I met my investigator August 2011 and I'm a current federal employee. I love this process.

Comment

• I got the same email. I tested on 11/11 and I scored 75.
                                Go wildcats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4055 users online. 193 members and 3862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X