Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool. Looks like we have similar timelines. How did you recieve notification for the poly (i.e. via e-mail, mail, phone call)?

Comment

• Does anyone know if a CBPO can transfer to BP without having to apply to an entry-level announcement on USAJOBS?

There were rumors that some type of transfer program was in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
        Does anyone know if a CBPO can transfer to BP without having to apply to an entry-level announcement on USAJOBS?

As far as I know from my research there are no lateral transfers between the two. Separate Academy, separate job duties, separate requirements, thus one would have to start from the beginning of the process.
        MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
          Cool. Looks like we have similar timelines. How did you recieve notification for the poly (i.e. via e-mail, mail, phone call)?
          I received a phone call from a CBP agent to set it up and what not.
          BPA
          App Date: 09/03/2011
          Exam Date: 11/21/2011
          GEO: San Diego
          TSL: 05/30/2012
          PFT1: Passed
          Med: Passed
          TSL2: 08/17/12
          OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
          Drug Screening: Passed
          Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
            Does anyone know if a CBPO can transfer to BP without having to apply to an entry-level announcement on USAJOBS?

Not that I have seen. I have a coworker who is going through the entry level hiring process to become a CBP Officer right now. He will have to attend the full 6 month academy, and he will be downgraded from a GS-12 to a GS-7. He will also have to complete another probationary period. Oh and he will be at the bottom of any seniority lists. It will basically be exactly like he was coming in off the street. All of that so he can get a more desirable location.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• ///////...........
              Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• /////..............

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  I think he is wrong on that down grade in pay. A 12 stays a 12 w/steps within CBP per title 5. It is the only time the Patrol falling under CBP helps a PA. A co worker of mine did it last year. Everything else you stated is true though as far as seniority, academy etc...
                  Really? Wow, if that is true I'm surprised more people don't do it.
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Well i originally tested in Aug 2010. My bi was forwarded to IA in July 2011. Been sitting there ever since. I have everything done except the BI. I havrnt been notified of a poly so who knows

Comment

Comment

• Polygraph exam is in less than 48 hours. I'm excited/nervous.
                        BPA
                        App Date: 09/03/2011
                        Exam Date: 11/21/2011
                        GEO: San Diego
                        TSL: 05/30/2012
                        PFT1: Passed
                        Med: Passed
                        TSL2: 08/17/12
                        OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
                        Drug Screening: Passed
                        Poly: Pending Results

Comment

I think some day if my current station continues to focus on checkpt duties I will leave if I can get one of the locations I want. Far, far away from the border.
                          Your new PAIC is a good ol boy so hopefully he wants more agents on the line, but the point isn't going anywhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
                            Polygraph exam is in less than 48 hours. I'm excited/nervous.
                            Just relax and tell the truth. I was nervous the first time I took a poly. I passed, but it was still a crappy experience. The second time was a breeze. Its a pretty simple thing that people always get worked up about. Just remember that you have zero responsibilities other than to answer questions truthfully. Everything else is out of your control, so there is no sense getting stressed out. Good luck.

Comment

Overall some do leave to go back home. More would leave but the nature of the cbpo job itself is why more do not want to leave. If you like the freedom of being able to roam about a large area by yourself and shotgun traffic, going to CBP is not the type of work you would enjoy doing. I think some day if my current station continues to focus on checkpt duties I will leave if I can get one of the locations I want. Far, far away from the border.
                              My station is pretty focused on the checkpoints as well. We have 3 checkpoints. I feel lucky if I get 2 days in the field a week.
                              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5279 users online. 216 members and 5063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X