300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charliefoxtrot2011 View Post
    I'm a Border Patrol Agent in Tucson with 12 years of service. If anyone is interested in the Border Patrol and wants to know what the job is like, I'd be happy to pass on some information.
    I'd do the same, but I don't want to discourage the new candidates too much
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
        Nothing left to discourage people from when you really get down to it. The Patrol will probably not hire much if at all in the next few years. Customs will probably still hire some but the Patrol is going to be getting the short end of the stick for years to come regardless of which crook gets elected. If I were an applicant I would look at local agencies that have a strong tax base.
        What stinks is the CBP position isn't up anymore and I missed my chance for that (least for now).

Charliefoxtrot, I would love to send you a pm but your messaging isn't showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melson View Post
          What stinks is the CBP position isn't up anymore and I missed my chance for that (least for now).

Charliefoxtrot, I would love to send you a pm but your messaging isn't showing.
          Well it was open for literally six months straight. Its not like it was a one day announcement.
          Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Yeah and for the six months I thought 'meh, border patrol is where I wanna be at, no sense in applying for it.'

Stupid mistake.

edit: my inbox isn't full now whoever pmed me.

Comment

• A question for any current BP Agents or students at the Academy: based on your experience and exposure, which geographical locations are in the most urgent need of new Border Patrol hirees?

Comment

• Hey everyone i had a question. Does anyone know how long each process is in terms of expiration? How long is the test good for? i took it back in Oct 2010, just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
                  A question for any current BP Agents or students at the Academy: based on your experience and exposure, which geographical locations are in the most urgent need of new Border Patrol hirees?
                  Southwest Border.

Comment

• Hello guys, I was wondering if there is any news of BP starting a new job announcement?
                    MSP 1896

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• ^^Also we have had several incidences of high publicity negative press as of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                          The Patrol probably won't have any job announcements for a long time.
                          I hope thats not the case

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                          ^^Also we have had several incidences of high publicity negative press as of late.
                          When does the press have anything positive to say.
                          Last edited by Get Some; 10-14-2012, 01:46 AM.
                          MSP 1896

Comment

• Hey everyone, first time poster (was finally validated to post on here, been reading threads for about a year though).

Have my polygraph exam scheduled for the 29th of this month, everything on CASS is a green check minus the background investigation and drug screening.
                            BPA
                            App Date: 09/03/2011
                            Exam Date: 11/21/2011
                            GEO: San Diego
                            TSL: 05/30/2012
                            PFT1: Passed
                            Med: Passed
                            TSL2: 08/17/12
                            OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
                            Drug Screening: Passed
                            Poly: Pending Results

Comment

• Congrats and good luck, Motocrossx23. Have you already met with your Background Investigator?

Comment

• I have not yet, it says my case is in the security office though, which is a good sign from what I've been told.
                                BPA
                                App Date: 09/03/2011
                                Exam Date: 11/21/2011
                                GEO: San Diego
                                TSL: 05/30/2012
                                PFT1: Passed
                                Med: Passed
                                TSL2: 08/17/12
                                OB: 09/15/12 (Passed)
                                Drug Screening: Passed
                                Poly: Pending Results

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8106 users online. 383 members and 7723 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X