Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got mine today also. Applied back in July of 2011 and finally got it. Can't wait to ditch the blue uniform and jump in a green one!
    Current CBPO
    BPA Applicant
    DEA SA Applicant

Comment

• anybody get a call yet?
      Last edited by pepe11_67; 08-27-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevenlee49 View Post
        Haven't been on this forum in a while but the last I heard about my status was that my my BI was complete and on a desk waiting for adjucation. That was about 3 months ago and I'm coming up on my 2 year mark in the BPA process. Haven't recieved a NOPA letter or a referal for a poly (yet). Fingers crossed I won't get one so I can just go straight into TSU and EOD soon.

My timeline:

Geo Preference: Texas
        Applied:9/29/10
        Tested:10/21/10
        NOR:10/25/10 85%
        Cert date: 10/26/10
        TSL:1/12/11
        Oral board:3/8/11 PASSED
        Medical/Physical:4/26/11 PASSED
        Drug test:8/11/11 PASSED
        BI:Met investigator 9/26/11
        Poly:???
        TSU:???
        EOD:???
        Pft2:???

I hear you steven Iam in the same boat I tested in oct 7 2010 and still waiting and am just at 2 years now. hopefully we get the call soon

Comment

• VAPD in LA has an announcement posted on usajobs

BIA 0083 Police Officer
          WindRiver PD
          Tentative Offer:02/12/2013
          Medical: Completed
          E-Quip : Completed
          BI: Completed
          EOD: 07/30/2013

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• Hey All,

How long does it take "typically" (I realize this word may not apply) for BI paperwork to "reach the security office?" My e-quip was submitted back in May '12 and last I heard it was "still under review" but not yet submitted for adjudication.

Comment

• Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
              Hey All,

How long does it take "typically" (I realize this word may not apply) for BI paperwork to "reach the security office?" My e-quip was submitted back in May '12 and last I heard it was "still under review" but not yet submitted for adjudication.
              I'm going to go out on a limb and say chances are they haven't even really looked at it yet. I submitted mine back in March and I was fairly recently told to expect somewhere around 14 months for my background to clear. I have yet to be contacted by an investigator over 5 months after submitting my BI packet.

Comment

• hello,
                are individuals with no prior service less likely to succeed at the academy?
                "Preparation + Opportunity = Success"

BOA
                11/23/11 Written Exam: 96
                04/05/12 TSL1
                05/07/12 PFT1: passed
                05/30/12 SI: Passed
                06/08/12 TSL2
                08/15/12 Pre-employment forms completed: GL-5

Comment

• They may have a bigger adjustment to make with people getting in their face and uncomfortable with the paramilitary aspects of it but other than that no. If you can adapt to the environment and keep up with the academic side of it as well as the physical side you can make it if you really want it with the proper mindset.

Comment

• I agree....Thanks!

BOA
                    04/05/12 TSL1
                    06/08/12 TSL2

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ619 View Post
                      hello,
                      are individuals with no prior service less likely to succeed at the academy?
                      No less likely than anyone else. We had both prior military and non-vets fail out or quit. Some military guys were in absolutely terrible shape and got drunk all the time and rarely studied.

I'm a non-vet and I did pretty good in the academy in both academics and PT.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• That's good to know. What was the time frame from the call to the PFT2?

BOA
                        04/05/12 TSL1
                        06/08/12 TSL2

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          No less likely than anyone else. We had both prior military and non-vets fail out or quit. Some military guys were in absolutely terrible shape and got drunk all the time and rarely studied.

I'm a non-vet and I did pretty good in the academy in both academics and PT.
                          hey bro, long time no talk. how are you liking being a BPA now
                          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Next academy classes are tentatively scheduled for January, 2013.

BOA
                            04/05/12 TSL1
                            06/08/12 TSL2

Comment

• I'm a Border Patrol Agent in Tucson with 12 years of service. If anyone is interested in the Border Patrol and wants to know what the job is like, I'd be happy to pass on some information.

Comment

• Anyone on here know if you messed up on the PFT1 are you done? or get one more chance? That step test just killed me! and it's not like I don't work out or anything. Thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10761 users online. 447 members and 10314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X