300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
    On this note, have you heard any whisperings on the topic of AUO?
    Yea. They are threatening to eliminate it. Its a bluff I think to get people to support leap but either way when somebody starts talking about cutting a third of your pay, it does not make for a happy workplace. PAs who live in high cost areas will go bankrupt. This, if it occurs, will ruin people. Morale has never been better on this gig.
    Last edited by SHU; 08-10-2012, 01:19 AM. Reason: my tapeworm told me too.

Comment

• SHU, long time no talk. we used to talk about BOP awhile back ago. do you recommend any police departments around the country to apply to? I'm not in no rush to get hired because i am still finishing my BA and may move onto my masters if the job prospects still look like a craphole. but i just wanted to see if you possibly recommend any agencies or pd's to apply to

Originally posted by SHU View Post
      For those of you in the process to become Patrol Agents I have to tell you things are looking very bad. At this time It does not look like the Patrol is going to be hiring much In the future if at all. Big cuts look likely in the next few months so if you are in the process and you have other options you should seriously consider focusing your efforts with the other agencies. Big pay cuts are being talked about for existing PAs. If you want to go federal, the CBPO position appears to be your safest bet due to their pay structure. Also some police agencies around the country are still hiring quite a bit. Try to focus on agencies that have a good tax base and do not depend on lots of federal grants. These are tuff times and it appears things are going to get much worse. I'm posting this information so hopefully some of you who have other options will strongly consider taking them. My agency is looking more and more like the titanic.
      BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
        SHU, long time no talk. we used to talk about BOP awhile back ago. do you recommend any police departments around the country to apply to? I'm not in no rush to get hired because i am still finishing my BA and may move onto my masters if the job prospects still look like a craphole. but i just wanted to see if you possibly recommend any agencies or pd's to apply to
        The LASD is going to be hiring quite a bit in the future. Lots of deputies will be retiring soon. Its a good gig with a lot potential. They have hundreds of different details within the department. If I was just coming out of college it would be number one on my list. Only bummer is you would have to live close to LA but outside of the city you can find nice places to live within a deputies budget. You have to do your time in the jails first but its no big deal with the right frame of mind. You will learn a ton in the LA county jail system. Baltimore, Maryland will still be hiring a lot as well but they depend a lot on federal grants and uncle sugar is headed for hard times. In San Diego the PD and the SO are hiring but not in big numbers. The S.O is the better choice imho due to constant money problems with the city of San Diego. If I did not have so many years within the fed retirement system, I'd apply with the lasd this week. With all the BS in the feds now I'd trade the mean green for the green and tan in a heartbeat.

http://www.lasdhq.org/recruitment/index-sworn.html

Comment

• can i msg you about more info on LASD,shu ?

Originally posted by SHU View Post
          The LASD is going to be hiring quite a bit in the future. Lots of deputies will be retiring soon. Its a good gig with a lot potential. They have hundreds of different details within the department. If I was just coming out of college it would be number one on my list. Only bummer is you would have to live close to LA but outside of the city you can find nice places to live within a deputies budget. You have to do your time in the jails first but its no big deal with the right frame of mind. You will learn a ton in the LA county jail system. Baltimore, Maryland will still be hiring a lot as well but they depend a lot on federal grants and uncle sugar is headed for hard times. In San Diego the PD and the SO are hiring but not in big numbers. The S.O is the better choice imho due to constant money problems with the city of San Diego. If I did not have so many years within the fed retirement system, I'd apply with the lasd this week. With all the BS in the feds now I'd trade the mean green for the green and tan in a heartbeat.

http://www.lasdhq.org/recruitment/index-sworn.html
          BPA( California)

Comment

• Yea sure bro. Anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Yea sure bro. Anytime.

sent bro.
              BPA( California)

Comment

• hey guys

quick one for you. I got letters from all three credit bureaus stating that they release my info to the CBP for employment purposes.

Obviously that is a good sign, because it means that they are actively investigating my background at this point. Anyone else ever get these letters and if so how long after that were the investigators contacting you?

I have a credit monitoring service which would probably explain the letters, but it would be a breath of fresh air to know that other people had gotten these before and they had a timeline for everythign after that.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
                  hey guys

quick one for you. I got letters from all three credit bureaus stating that they release my info to the CBP for employment purposes.

Obviously that is a good sign, because it means that they are actively investigating my background at this point. Anyone else ever get these letters and if so how long after that were the investigators contacting you?

I have a credit monitoring service which would probably explain the letters, but it would be a breath of fresh air to know that other people had gotten these before and they had a timeline for everythign after that.

Thanks!
                  I don't think it's any indication of when your BI will begin. My credit was pulled back in April and I still haven't been contacted by an investigator, nor have I been scheduled for a poly. I think trying to make sense out of any events (Or combination of events) in this hiring process will only get you more frustrated. Just like that old infomercial used to say, "Set it and forget it".

Comment

• Ah I see.... and here I was thinking" this is great news!"

Just like in the Guard.... hurry up and wait I guess

Comment

• I'm lost in the sause and would like some guidance...

thank you mayburyhm!
                      Last edited by OrtezK; 10-11-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kairo View Post
                        I already have a secret clearance with the DOD and used e-qip to start my background investigation (August 2011). Would this help speed up my background investigation for BPA?
                        No, unfortunately it won't. I had an active secret from the Marines and was maintaining it as a communications sergeant in the National Guard while I was going through the hiring process for USBP. The security clearance and related investigation don't really influence your USBP background investigation in any way. In my experience, and based on anecdotal experience from others I've spoken with, active duty military service can actually make the BI take a little longer if there are delays in getting information from your SRB or in getting in contact with commands that you were assigned to.

Comment

• Thanks Mayburymh,

I guess I can plan on going back to school and trying to finish my bashelor degree in the mean while.

Now the question is, will they still be hiring next year?

Comment

• Being we are overstaffed by several thousand, attrition has dropped, and we have a $250M budget shortfall just for salaries... I wouldn't put all my eggs in this basket.

Comment

• I have been hearing good things about border patrol so I want to use it as a stepping stone but you are right. I should no put all my eggs in that basket!

Comment

• I just got my TSL after waiting a little over 9 months.

Now I have ten days to print it all out and mail it.

Oh federal government.... haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10688 users online. 458 members and 10230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X