300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
    Hahah, ask a patrol agent and they'll say "YES" ask a CBPO, they'll probably get slightly offended.

But who knows they might say 'yes' too.
    It depends. Like in most any job, people looking to spend the day sitting will find a way to sit...whether in in a chair at a PoE or sitting an 'X' or in a skybox with the BP.

In most ports for most people, there's plenty of stuff to move for...if you're the moving type. There's also plenty of stuff to sit for. It's all in the choices.

Comment

• When you are offered the job, do they offer you an exact station, or only a sector? Is san diego hard to get?
      So after I graduate the academy and start work at my home station, is that when I start getting the AUO of 25%?
      Is it always 25%, or can it be more or less?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
        When you are offered the job, do they offer you an exact station, or only a sector? Is san diego hard to get?
        So after I graduate the academy and start work at my home station, is that when I start getting the AUO of 25%?
        Once you are done with all the testing and processing, they will call you with an offer. It may be 2 or 3 stations or just one. You are certified for AUO upon returning to your station. AUO, as of now, is 25% if you average 18.5 hours of AUO per pay period. Average less and your 25% will start to drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
          When you are offered the job, do they offer you an exact station, or only a sector? Is san diego hard to get?
          They can call u with 2 or 3 stations in the Sector you picked and then you tell them which one. or maybe its just one station take it or leave it
          BPA:
          Written Test: Passed (97%)
          Reactivated Feb 09
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
          Medical Exam: Completed
          Drug Test: Completed
          Fitness: Completed
          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
          Written Test: Passed (80% )
          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Had to take a retest audio exam today. Anyone else had to do this? Anyone know the standards required by BP?

Comment

• Reactivation

Even though I sent my letter requesting my record be reactivated one week ago, I received a call today informing me that I have to reapply. Thus, I reapplied. At least the items I have already passed will be carried over.
              BPA Status
              TSU: 04/24/09
              EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
              Resigned: 10/28/09
              Reapplied: 07/29/11
              NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
              TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
              PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
              Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
              Applied: 06/24/11
              Written: 07/21/11
              NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan3461 View Post
                Had to take a retest audio exam today. Anyone else had to do this? Anyone know the standards required by BP?
                I've never heard of it. Never. Usually if you failed the test, they tell you that you have to take the exam again in six months. Same deal if you fail the Oral Board. I do know that there is a recorded interview as part of the CBPO process. You might want to make sure that you're actually applying to the USBP, you could be applying to one of the other DHS Agencies. I'm not trying to be a jerk with that comment, I'm actually being serious.

Let us know how it turns out. If I'm wrong, well then I leaned something new and I'll consider myself the better for it.

Comment

• Or they may call you with one offer in any sector they choose with no regard to your preference and ask you to take it or leave it. If you take it you will be there a long time. Good luck

Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                  They can call u with 2 or 3 stations in the Sector you picked and then you tell them which one. or maybe its just one station take it or leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                    I've never heard of it. Never. Usually if you failed the test, they tell you that you have to take the exam again in six months. Same deal if you fail the Oral Board. I do know that there is a recorded interview as part of the CBPO process. You might want to make sure that you're actually applying to the USBP, you could be applying to one of the other DHS Agencies. I'm not trying to be a jerk with that comment, I'm actually being serious.

Let us know how it turns out. If I'm wrong, well then I leaned something new and I'll consider myself the better for it.
                    My brother failed the vision test, he has some sort of daltonism or something so he had to take a further test and he passed it, i dont know if its the same for hearing but im guessing it should be the same, also for the medical/fitness if you fail any part you can reapply in 3 months, 6 months is only for Oral Board, that's what happenned to me and a friend, he failed his fitness, can reactivate in 3 months, i have to wait 6 months cause I failed the oral board . February is just around the corner though

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Or they may call you with one offer in any sector they choose with no regard to your preference and ask you to take it or leave it. If you take it you will be there a long time. Good luck
                    They actually do try to place you in a sector in the area where you applied for, but yes, they will offer you maybe some spot where no one wants to go just in case you actually take it
                    Last edited by BPA2Be; 11-25-2008, 10:39 PM.
                    BPA:
                    Written Test: Passed (97%)
                    Reactivated Feb 09
                    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                    Medical Exam: Completed
                    Drug Test: Completed
                    Fitness: Completed
                    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                    Written Test: Passed (80% )
                    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• I asked this previously but I wanted to make sure it was correct because I heard something that conflicted with it. When calculating retirement, is it based off your final base pay (example: GS11 step 10 $75,000), or your adjusted pay to include AUO,( i.e. GS11 step 10 $75,000 + 25%)? Please on answer if you know positively. Thanks

Comment

• Your retirement is based off of your 3 highest earning years which include auo and flsa and night/weekend differential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post

Haha no, it is Border Patrol. Sorry if I wasn't being clear. It was the hearing portion during the medical. Anyway, I went back and received the same exact results on it. My guess is I'll receive a notice of not medically cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastille View Post
                            Your retirement is based off of your 3 highest earning years which include auo and flsa and night/weekend differential.
                            Your 3 highest years of pay with locality pay included. I have a sup who says AUO is not included but I believe per OPM website that it is. FLSA and night diff and sunday pay are not included in FERS. Maybe Madchicken could offer some insight on the AUO issue.
                            Last edited by SHU; 11-27-2008, 12:30 AM. Reason: its wednesday

Comment

• What is the ranking structure from the lowest rank up? And how does the Border Patrol wear their rank (sleeve, shoulder, collar)?

Comment

• Once I apply for the BP, approx. how long will it take me to get a test date?
                                Also, do I get to pick the test date and/or location?
                                Im on active duty, if I have an unexpected military obligation (i.e. training), will I be able to reschedule my test date?
                                Do they have testing facilities in Hawaii?

thanks in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8905 users online. 373 members and 8532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X